Utah > Ice Fishing Utah

Fontenelle 2/18-2/20

(1/3) > >>

muskyon46:
Fished Fontenelle last weekend and other than a little wind the weekend was great. Ice had grown to almost 28-30in, which really put the milwaukee/nils combo to work. I pulled 25 fish for the weekend. Browns, bows and burbot. No cuts this trip for me. Biggest fish was a burb I got friday night going 27.5in which ended up being the biggest fish for the weekend. I was really surprised on the quality of burbot we pulled, seemed like 24-26in was the average for the group. We had several burbs that came mid day which tells me the numbers in there are high from my experience. We brought home over 50lbs of burbs to get fried up. As most the camp trips have went this year we did have one night we were able to get the firepit going which is always a good time. It was nice meeting up with Massntrash and wetting some lines. Now for the pics

massNtrash:
It was nice meeting up with the crew for a few beers and a little fishing. I had a good time for sure but sounds like I should have stuck it out a little longer.

Hutbomber:
Way to go you guys. Looks like you all had a great time. Lots of big smiles...  ;D Thanks for sharing the story and the pictures!

muskyon46:

--- Quote from: massNtrash on Feb 23, 2022, 09:24 AM ---It was nice meeting up with the crew for a few beers and a little fishing. I had a good time for sure but sounds like I should have stuck it out a little longer.

--- End quote ---

The fishing did turn on later, hottest time was 11-2. Finally had to pull my rod so I could get some ZZZZ's

--- Quote from: Hutbomber on Feb 23, 2022, 07:51 PM ---Way to go you guys. Looks like you all had a great time. Lots of big smiles...  ;D Thanks for sharing the story and the pictures!

--- End quote ---

It was a good time Dewy, definitley another good option for getting some burbs. The only worry on the ice there is if you'll need an extension for the auger.

Mr. Gills:
Thanks for posting!  That lake can be a blast.  Glad you got into them at night.  I have always done best during the day for burbs on that lake.  It is strange.  Great pics!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version