Alaska > Ice Fishing Alaska

Sheefish

(1/3) > >>

kwackkillncrew:
To the 7 people who are still on this forum , do you have any tips for fishing for these things in kotz? headed up there in 4 weeks. From what i have seen alot of people use big spoons. going to be bringing some of them as well as an assortment of big tubes. any info on depths to look for or anything like that is appreciated. I know people fish right out side of town and in the hotham inlet. Probably just go around on sleds and try to find some blood on the ice or people and try to get some intel when we get up there. Seems to be a very social fishery and people dont have issues with sharing info.

Bushwhack Jack:

--- Quote from: kwackkillncrew on Feb 25, 2021, 02:33 PM ---To the 7 people who are still on this forum , do you have any tips for fishing for these things in kotz? headed up there in 4 weeks. From what i have seen alot of people use big spoons. going to be bringing some of them as well as an assortment of big tubes. any info on depths to look for or anything like that is appreciated. I know people fish right out side of town and in the hotham inlet. Probably just go around on sleds and try to find some blood on the ice or people and try to get some intel when we get up there. Seems to be a very social fishery and people dont have issues with sharing info.

--- End quote ---

Kwackkillncrew, there used to be a couple guys on the Alaska outdoor forum that fished out of Kotz for sheefish a lot.  One of the guys was named Jedisalmonslayer or something like that.  The other guy had the handle Bigcox.  I haven't seen them post in a long time but it seemed like they were pretty dialed in to the sheefish out there.  Try sending them a private message.  They used to have a website called the salmon slayers or something like that.  I will see if I can find the website for you and send you a link. 

Bushwhack Jack:

--- Quote from: Bushwhack Jack on Feb 25, 2021, 04:54 PM ---Kwackkillncrew, there used to be a couple guys on the Alaska outdoor forum that fished out of Kotz for sheefish a lot.  One of the guys was named Jedisalmonslayer or something like that.  The other guy had the handle Bigcox.  I haven't seen them post in a long time but it seemed like they were pretty dialed in to the sheefish out there.  Try sending them a private message.  They used to have a website called the salmon slayers or something like that.  I will see if I can find the website for you and send you a link.

--- End quote ---

Their names are Dennis Musgraves and Chris Cox.  They have a facebook page here.

https://www.facebook.com/Alaskan-Salmon-Slayers-163016960411004/

Try getting in touch with them.  I am sure they can help you out.

Akhardwater:
Holy crap there’s 7 of us now.

coast51:
And then there was 7. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version