Author Topic: White Mickey Mouse boots  (Read 4508 times)

Offline gordify

• IceShanty Rookie
White Mickey Mouse boots
« on: Jan 25, 2020, 01:42 PM »
I have a black pair but always thought about getting a white pair. I was unaware that they are so hard to find now. Anybody here know where I can find a white pair? I wear 11 and all I’ve found are small sizes.

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: White Mickey Mouse boots
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2020, 01:50 PM »
I have a black pair but always thought about getting a white pair. I was unaware that they are so hard to find now. Anybody here know where I can find a white pair? I wear 11 and all I’ve found are small sizes.

White boots blend in to the snow and are always hard to find.... ;D

Hard to resist the temptation to be a smart alec..sorry  ::)
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2020, 01:51 PM »
Here is a better answer.

[urlhttps://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/us-military-surplus-mickey-cold-weather-boots-used?a=504927&pm2d=CSE-SPG-15-PLA-BING&utm_medium=PLA&utm_source=Bing&utm_campaign=CI&msclkid=19348de5de861cdd8d20d3c942a9f6de][/url]
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline darkeyez

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 25, 2020, 04:16 PM »
Coleman's surplus here in PA has them new in 11R and used in 11R and 11W.
They must be getting very scarce judging by the current price of the new ones!  :o

Offline heineken8119

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 28, 2020, 09:21 PM »
I got mine from army surplus in Idaho Falls, Idaho. they have a website and show them on there. just google “army surplus in idaho falls”

Offline heineken8119

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 28, 2020, 09:22 PM »
I can not believe how much there are for new ones. I bought mine about 7 years ago for $60 brand new

Offline Badder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 29, 2020, 12:02 AM »
The white ones are called Bunny Boots and the Black ones are called Mickey Mouse Boots.
This might help in the search of the said boot.
I love my Mickey's, have had them 20 years and still wear them. I have a pair of
Kahtoola Ice Spikes I keep on them for ice fishing. Not much for tread to start with but
after 20 years they are slick as you know what on the ice. LOL
SPIN 2 WIN!

Offline snow snake

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 29, 2020, 06:07 AM »
I have a pair of WHITE ones use them
all the time for ice fishing .
white ones are for cold condition's  (minus temps.)
keep my feet warm with one pair hunting socks
if buying ,get a bigger shoe, size room for feet to move inside
black  ones are not meant for real cold condition
during off seasons i keep them in house /closet
read about staying out of direct  sun light /weather checking
 i got mine at on line  while searching pawn  shops
snowsnake

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 29, 2020, 07:46 AM »
Check out any local military supply stores. One in Rockford Il has a bunch of them. Saw them last week.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #9 on: Jan 29, 2020, 08:06 AM »
Idk but the black mickeys are warm enough for icefishing.i have never had cold feet in a pair of black mickeys.i have the white bunny boots too but the extra heaviness of those keeps me from using them when the black ones work great.the black ones are rated to -20 and white are -65.

Offline Skywagon

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jan 31, 2020, 07:30 AM »
Idk but the black mickeys are warm enough for icefishing.i have never had cold feet in a pair of black mickeys.i have the white bunny boots too but the extra heaviness of those keeps me from using them when the black ones work great.the black ones are rated to -20 and white are -65.

This is exactly my experience. I wear my black Mickeys half the days of the winter (always keep a spare pair on hand).  Even though I also have the white Bunny boots, I find the black are quite adequate. The negatives to the Mickeys/Bunnys are the weight and height, in the spring when the slush can get deep enough to go over the Mickeys I will switch over to high top boots, as it is usually warm enough for any boot.

Offline alaska mike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 31, 2020, 04:20 PM »
If you want to go with bunny boots, I would highly recommend buying the Bata brand boots. They are the more expensive ones but are warmer and hold up well. There are black bata's that are exactly the same as the the white except for color. There are other brand bunny boots that are black and don't have the same amount of insulation on the bottom sole so they are not as warm on the ice. They are cheaper though. Living in alaska for 35 years I got to wear and wear out a few brands and Bata's are by far the best brand.
Any day on the ice with little to no wind, is a darn good day.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.