Alaska > Ice Fishing Alaska

Lake Louise Reports

(1/10) > >>

Bushwhack Jack:
I know I'm probably jumping the gun big time.  But I am chomping at the bit to get out to my cabin to do some ice fishing.  I am just looking for reports of ANY kind about the area.  Snow reports?  Ice thickness reports?  Fishing reports?  Overflow?  Etc.?

Bushwhack Jack:
This thread is super depressing.  Please someone post something about LL.  Anything.

kasilofchrisn:

Webcam shows it frozen over at the lodge.
14*f so ice is building.
I still have a bunch of lures to build for ice fishing Lakers this year.
So at least I've got something fishing related  to do when I'm not at work.

Akhardwater:
Don’t let that camera fool you I got a report that there was still open water in the main lake this time last week.  With the snow they got last week and the warm up they are forecasting for this week I’d imagine it will still be a few weeks before it’s safe for snow machine travel.  We need a good solid week or two of 30 below to firm up all the overflow and thin ice, and even then travel with caution.

Drifter_016:

--- Quote from: Akhardwater on Nov 18, 2019, 08:11 PM ---Don’t let that camera fool you I got a report that there was still open water in the main lake this time last week.  With the snow they got last week and the warm up they are forecasting for this week I’d imagine it will still be a few weeks before it’s safe for snow machine travel.  We need a good solid week or two of 30 below to firm up all the overflow and thin ice, and even then travel with caution.

--- End quote ---

Or use one of these. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version