Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Jigging

Hardwater custom. rods reviews?

<< < (2/3) > >>

GMBF:
I use All Hard Water Custom Rods. 2 Power noodle 28" and 24" with split EVA grips and they are great rods, sensitive, with back bone!, Quiver stick is more to heavy side of action but still does its job. Got 2 Walleye Medium Sweet heart with EVA grip and  coming next week  :) All in all these are $40-$50 rods. For the price they are great!

FlamDragger:
I have three different rods from HW Customs. They all perform well and look good to me, but I fish alone a lot.

Owentstr:
Oh yeah! HW Customs, all the way! :)

kas:
Randomly came across this old topic during a web search for HardwaterCustomRods.  Figured I'd revive it!   I own 3 HW rods: a 28"M "Sweetheart", a 24"M "StCroix Legend w/ built in adjustable spring bobber", and a gorgeous little 20"L "QuiverStick".  I'm thrilled with all of  them.  Especially the two shorter models. IMO, if you you can make a 20" rod feel balanced-- by choosing the approriate blank with a nice taper and flex, have proper eye spacing, finding the spline  correctly, etc --I feel thats a sign of a very good rod  builder. Now I've owned ThorneBros rods. Both ice rods and open water spinning rods up to 7'. Sure, the ThrBr rods are very nice.  But they are also quite pricey. And break just as easily as less expensive rods. Lol. I havnt paid over $40 for any HW ice-stick, and I've never had an issue in 5+ yrs.  I think right now there are a couple on his HW EBay page for $25 and less. They are very good rods, and come at great prices.  I recommend.

Sylvanboat:
I have two. Both several years old and have worked just fine. I would recommend them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version