Author Topic: Another Good Day On The Ice  (Read 3727 times)

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Another Good Day On The Ice
« on: Dec 14, 2005, 05:06 PM »
Call it what ever ya want to,but these fish Im showing you,weren't easy to come by,they made me work my butt off for e'm,there were several other fishermen around,it was slow for all of em,I had somewhere in the 50 bracket,              Anyway,I was sittin back in my hut,listening to the wind blow 30 MPH,and from my right side I kept hearing a bunch of comotion,so I looked out,and there was Brawler and his partner holding this big booger up,Imagine the fight he had ;D                     Heres Mo with 2 of his Hawgs           

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Another Good Day On The Ice
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14, 2005, 05:11 PM »
Crappie 66 was down today and left with 34 I believe,hes a tough cookie when it comes to the cold,good seeing ya Bruce,way to stick in there and take ya home some fish,come back and see us again sometime,

Jimmy

Offline TJ Bauer

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • LIVE LIFE, FISH, BE SAFE, HAVE FUN
« Reply #2 on: Dec 14, 2005, 05:23 PM »
nice buch of fish hopefully when I finnally get out outside my scout will look the same

Offline Fish-trap

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 14, 2005, 05:38 PM »
Nice fish Jimmy. I managed 20 keepers today up in LaPorte Co. They were hitting so light my spring bobber wasn't moving. If it wasn't for my buddy and his Aqua-vu,  I would of been skunked probably :D You are the man though, nice fish!

Offline crappie66

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 14, 2005, 05:53 PM »
I will definately make my way back down there again, would have to be on a Monday or Friday though since those are my days off.  I kept 34, probably should have only kept about 25 of them now that I am home looking at them, but they are still cleanable.  The bluegill are nice and thick too.  Caught 4 big shiners, and over a dozen of those damn green carp.  Sweedish you are right about having to work for them, and the fish would come in spurts, 4 or 5 real quick then nothing for about 10 or 15 minutes.  It was different for me fishing in such shallow water, usually I fish in 10 fow.   It was cold, which I can handle but that wind was brutal so I had to call it quits, you looked pretty warm, so I think now I am sold on getting one of those flip over type one man shanty deals, and a small heater to go along with it, and I just told myself I wasn't spending any more money on ice fishing stuff.  The only bad thing about the trip was the drive home, I am just now getting home, it took me 3 hours to go 100 miles, once you get past Gas City 69 was slow moving, about 20 mph tops, with the sleet and rain the roads were slick, saw at least half a dozen cars in the ditch, and now they are saying 4 to 8 inches in the next day or something like that up here.

And again Jimmy, thanks for the spikes, was surprised those few spikes caught all the fish.  Next time I will plan ahead and get bait here, just in case they are out of spikes down there again.

And Jimmy you got caught, I guess you didn't think anybody was looking.  The wildcat thing is all an act, he is actually a closet BOILERMAKER fan.

Real fisherman don't yield to the weather.

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 14, 2005, 06:03 PM »
You got me there Bruce ;),that wind was brutal,thanx again,

Jimmy Lang

Offline baboiler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Green Hornet Strikes Again!!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 14, 2005, 07:26 PM »
  Nice job "66". The Old Gold and Black looked good on that blue truck!  ;D
Hail, Hail to Old Purdue, Ever grateful ever true!  Boiler Up!

Offline crappie66

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 14, 2005, 07:47 PM »
  Nice job "66". The Old Gold and Black looked good on that blue truck!  ;D

I thought so to, hell it even matches the walleye.  I had the big slanted Purdue P magnet too, but I was to cold to take the time for that one too.

Offline brawler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #8 on: Dec 14, 2005, 08:05 PM »
Man was that ever some tough fishing today.  If it hadn't started to pick up this evening for me, I might still be out there.  We were the last ones to leave the lake today, and I think we took home 22 gills between the two of us.  I hope I don't have to work as hard as I did today, anytime in the near future.  To top it off, I broke a good rod today while moving around in the shanty. ???

Offline crappie66

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 14, 2005, 08:15 PM »
What did you catch that carp on? 

I heard the commotion too, and I was thinking that is an awful lot of noise coming from a shanty with 2 men in it, then I saw you pop out with the carp.  Boy was I relieved.

Offline brawler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #10 on: Dec 14, 2005, 09:50 PM »
LMAO :DHe caught it on a white and pink moon glow w/a spike.  We are probably heading down to brazil in the morning, to get some of those knotheads out of the strip pits.

Offline marmooskapaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 15, 2005, 06:05 AM »
Nice carp!!! It was tough at the other end of the lake too. See Ya guys out there sometime. Paul

Offline ck

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #12 on: Dec 15, 2005, 07:02 AM »
LMAO :DHe caught it on a white and pink moon glow w/a spike.  We are probably heading down to brazil in the morning, to get some of those knotheads out of the strip pits.
brawler, whould you post the ice thickness from the pits.
thanks

Offline brawler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #13 on: Dec 15, 2005, 09:06 PM »
I never made it down to the pits today.  I had to go to pine lakes up in pendleton,IN.  A friend told me that they had 2 man shanty's for sale for $99.  When we left summit yesterday, we stopped by there and my buddy was able to get a shappel 2 man for $90.  I had to go back this morning to get one for another buddy of mine($75.00 because it had a 1/2inch tear that will be easily fixed).  There was a post on indianainfo awhile back that said this guy was going to be putting in walleye,perch,and hybrid gills for ice fishing.  The owner told me that he did indeed stock the above mentioned fish, and talked me and two buddies into fishing for an hour or so.  The ice wasn't very safe, and I hate the thought of fishing a paylake, but he saved us enough money to give him $5.00 to check his lakes out.  We ended up in a subdivision pond on the north side of indy, and geist later in the evening.  It was a tough day of fishing overall with a lot of little fish.

Offline fishinworms

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Dec 15, 2005, 10:28 PM »
hey brawler, anymore of those 2 man shelters left?

Offline crappie66

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Dec 15, 2005, 10:49 PM »
Yeah, anymore??????????   Definately could have used one yesterday, thats for sure, I am still red from the wind.

Offline brawler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #16 on: Dec 16, 2005, 06:00 AM »
They had at least one of those shappel's left.  It had a bad spot on one of the zippers, so I didn't get it.  It looked like an easy fix as well, and can probably gotten cheaper than the ones we paid for.  They also have some clams.  I think he told us $189 for a 4 man clam, but we negotiated every step of the way, so you should be able to twist his arm and get it cheaper as well.  I know he's got others, I just didn't take the time to look at everything since most are in a back storage room.

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Dec 16, 2005, 07:39 AM »
Hey Jeff,we got em again there,but it was slow,you ready to start venturing out and find some walleye?

Offline brawler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #18 on: Dec 16, 2005, 12:12 PM »
I'm always game to go after them toothy critters(road trip?).  The weather man says it's gonna be cold, so it shouldn't be much longer. ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.