Author Topic: Wakefield Recreation Tourney  (Read 3912 times)

Offline waynerob

• IceShanty Rookie
Wakefield Recreation Tourney
« on: Jan 21, 2020, 11:44 AM »
 February 15 on Lovell Lake, Balch Lake, Great East & Pine River Pond.
 Youth and adult divisions
 Crappie, yellow & white perch
 Pickerel & Rainbows

[email protected] or 603-522-9977 :tipup: :o ;D

Offline lv2huntandfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Wakefield Recreation Tourney
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2020, 12:08 PM »
Nice!

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hello my name is Bill and I'm an ice fisherman !!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2020, 12:11 PM »
👍🏻
I just want to go ice fishing and ignore my adult problems

Offline sincityrednek

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2020, 09:30 PM »
I'll see you soon Wayne
I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

Nemo me impune lacessit

Offline swnoel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 22, 2020, 09:15 AM »
Has anyone heard of any walleyes being caught out of there in the past year or so? I caught them a few years back but haven't fished since.

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Jan 22, 2020, 10:46 AM »
Never have seen one myself, however, I’ve caught Salmon there  ???
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline TonyThunder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 22, 2020, 11:12 AM »
Thanks for the heads up, didn’t know about this tournament

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 22, 2020, 11:21 AM »

how many are going to be weighed in as rainbows.. seems to happen every year on Winni..
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline Lv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Don't get your Shanty pantys in a bunch!!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 22, 2020, 11:28 AM »
Had a guy 2 years ago next to me at the derby bragging about the giant brown he caught and he was winning the "BIG PRIZE" guess what prize he got when he went to weigh it in. wish i could of been a fly on the wall to see that. didnt see him on sunday :blink: :cookoo:
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day teach him how to fish and he will sit there and drink all day!!

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Jan 22, 2020, 11:29 AM »
It sure does, hell one year the derby officials put up a pic of a young lady with her “ first fish” and it was a Salmon lolll. I let them know and it was quickly removed

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10 on: Jan 22, 2020, 11:30 AM »
Had a guy 2 years ago next to me at the derby bragging about the giant brown he caught and he was winning the "BIG PRIZE" guess what prize he got when he went to weigh it in. wish i could of been a fly on the wall to see that. didnt see him on sunday :blink: :cookoo:

Lollll and where did it say Browns was a category? People never seize to amaze me

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 22, 2020, 11:36 AM »
It sure does, hell one year the derby officials put up a pic of a young lady with her “ first fish” and it was a Salmon lolll. I let them know and it was quickly removed

a couple of years back I was in the weigh in line and the guy IN front of me had a big salmon, I told him he'd best get out of sight with that thing,he laughed at me insisting it was a rainbow.. his laughing turned to tears as we got to the rinse station where the primary weighmaster and the EPO were standing.. I couldn't help myself as he was pulled out of line .. TOLD YA

Offline BHardy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 22, 2020, 02:32 PM »
Has anyone heard of any walleyes being caught out of there in the past year or so? I caught them a few years back but haven't fished since.

Really.....someone actually caught some of the “mythical” eyes outa that place?  Let’s see some pictures bub!

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #13 on: Jan 22, 2020, 02:52 PM »
Unreal.
Just add water.

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Jan 22, 2020, 02:57 PM »

Do you have any pics?

Offline lv2huntandfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Jan 22, 2020, 09:46 PM »
I know of someone who caught a 9lber out of there. The picture used to be at the **censored**. I miss that bait shop!

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #16 on: Jan 23, 2020, 04:36 AM »
I know of someone who caught a 9lber out of there. The picture used to be at the **censored**. I miss that bait shop!

Agreed, I don’t remember that pic but that was my go to bait shop

Offline TonyThunder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Jan 23, 2020, 10:54 AM »
I know which lake I’ll be on

Offline swnoel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Jan 23, 2020, 12:52 PM »

The state put some salmon in there a couple of years ago... along with Horns Pond! What a waste !

Offline swnoel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Jan 23, 2020, 12:54 PM »
Do you have any pics?

I released the fish... Tink at Nutes had many pictures of nice fish!

Offline swnoel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Jan 23, 2020, 12:56 PM »

I know a guy that caught many big fish in there! One was caught in Spaulding Pond a number of years ago... I held that fish in my hands!

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #21 on: Jan 23, 2020, 01:21 PM »
I know a guy that caught many big fish in there! One was caught in Spaulding Pond a number of years ago... I held that fish in my hands!

I caught a solid 23” Brown in Spaulding as well

Offline swnoel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Jan 23, 2020, 01:42 PM »
I caught a 25" brown right below the dam in Milton! There use to be some big fish in that watershed...saw  a photo last winter of a brown supposedly caught in Milton. They do stock Horns and Salmon falls River with them.

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23 on: Jan 23, 2020, 01:52 PM »
I caught a 25" brown right below the dam in Milton! There use to be some big fish in that watershed...saw  a photo last winter of a brown supposedly caught in Milton. They do stock Horns and Salmon falls River with them.

Yep agreed, I built a house on that watershed, my land butts it just downstream. That Brown you speak of  was indeed from Milton.

The Salmon I got at Lovell was years before they did that weird stocking a few years Back

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Jan 23, 2020, 01:58 PM »
Yep agreed, I built a house on that watershed, my land butts it just downstream. That Brown you speak of  was indeed from Milton.

The Salmon I got at Lovell was years before they did that weird stocking a few years Back

that weird stocking thing screwed up a lot of lakes, I know of one ( you do as well) that still hasn't recovered from it

Offline BHardy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Jan 23, 2020, 02:54 PM »
In one of those bodies of water the stocked salmon have gotten particularly huge over the last 2 years, like 27” 7.6 pounds huge  :)  In fact, I’ve yet to see one smaller than 24”

We’ve been having a lot of fun recently in the spring and fall at some of those outlets and inlets

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #26 on: Jan 23, 2020, 02:59 PM »
that weird stocking thing screwed up a lot of lakes, I know of one ( you do as well) that still hasn't recovered from it

Yep! I blame that for the poor Rainbow size, place wasn’t built for Smelt predators in numbers. It’s sad when my barely high school educated self has a IQ well beyond the spectrum of folks making these decisions. Sheerly by the fact I’m out there and involved in it, there piece of paper saying they are smart overrules. Things are starting to flip flop. I’m seeing it by the day in the trades. I’m gonna be cashing in for years to come.

It’s funny, I had those who told me by the truckload I’d be nothing without education and yet I had a handful of old timers I grew up around ( I’m talking 70-80 year olds ) when I was a young kid to my mid teens who saw I’d be just fine without it and they were right.

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #27 on: Jan 23, 2020, 03:01 PM »
In one of those bodies of water the stocked salmon have gotten particularly huge over the last 2 years, like 27” 7.6 pounds huge  :)  In fact, I’ve yet to see one smaller than 24”

We’ve been having a lot of fun recently in the spring and fall at some of those outlets and inlets

That always happens with a new introduction for a few years, take any place with bucket bio Crappie. Thennnnn it crashes. The newly introduced predator capitalizes on a resource not utilized to the full extent by others and then they get to good at it. That’s where you’re nice fish come from and then banggggg almost overnight crash! Never again

Offline BHardy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Jan 23, 2020, 03:16 PM »
That always happens with a new introduction for a few years, take any place with bucket bio Crappie. Thennnnn it crashes. The newly introduced predator capitalizes on a resource not utilized to the full extent by others and then they get to good at it. That’s where you’re nice fish come from and then banggggg almost overnight crash! Never again

Oh yes, I’m well aware of how those things work and how short of a window we have to capitalize on the situation while it lasts.  That’s why my hardside has been out there two years in a row, it’s feast or famine and right now we are bursting at the seams!

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Jan 23, 2020, 03:43 PM »

It’s funny, I had those who told me by the truckload I’d be nothing without education and yet I had a handful of old timers I grew up around ( I’m talking 70-80 year olds ) when I was a young kid to my mid teens who saw I’d be just fine without it and they were right.

I hear ya Frank... 2 days into my senior year in high school I lost my patience walked out the door, 2 weeks later I had a GED and a job where I got a real world education, and not even the slightest regret about it. When my buddies were getting out of college they had huge student loans and lived with their parents, I had my own home, money in the bank and a career I enjoy... a big college education is great but it takes a drive to succeed and proper work ethics to get somewhere in this world, without the latter all they have is a pretty piece of paper in a frame. The amount of lazy guys I've thrown out of the shop with their stack of certificates is laughable...
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.