Author Topic: Webster Lake, NH  (Read 1296 times)

Offline Gold Rush

• IceShanty Rookie
  • They don't call it a "bobhouse" for nothing...
Webster Lake, NH
« on: Jan 20, 2020, 07:38 AM »
Fished Webster Lake yesterday. Middle of January and the ice is really unpredictable. ??? Wherever there are holes drilled the water slowly comes up from the holes and we ended up fishing in 4" of water on top of 5" of ice. >:( Rubber boots were critical. Fishing was slow except I managed to catch a nice Brown Trout despite the conditions. ;D Sorry, no pictures.
You can't tell which way the train went by the tracks it left behind.

Offline happyfish14

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Webster Lake, NH
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2020, 07:17 AM »
Hey least u got a fish... Nice brown in 4 inches of water that says???? Just wanted to be sure it was inches and not feet ...  Glad u were safe and didn't get skunked👍👍

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 21, 2020, 01:30 PM »
Congrats on the brown. Things should get better by the end of the week.

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2020, 02:26 PM »
Hey least u got a fish... Nice brown in 4 inches of water that says???? Just wanted to be sure it was inches and not feet ...  Glad u were safe and didn't get skunked👍👍

I’ve def caught my fair share of trout in Skinny water like that. You’d be surprised. It’s like they gotta swim sideways at times.

I don’t intentionally look for inches of water but sometimes you end up right on a bar or hump you were trying to find the drop on and if I clean a hole that looks like it sucks I still egg it and often uoubget surprised
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline happyfish14

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2020, 04:03 PM »
No sh*t huh....that's some Real skinny water.... [enter bad joke here] - I mean iiiiii can't even fish in 4 inches of water and I'm Scottish 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Offline Brownbagger247

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 21, 2020, 04:21 PM »
My biggest fish have come in 2-6FOW, coming up to fed and sabotage anything in the shallows they are lot more aggressive in close, they have taken it out of my hand on the drop on 3 different occassions.
How's the ice they all ask? "I’ll tell you what, you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bull’s butt, but I’d rather take the butcher’s word for it."

Offline TonyThunder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 21, 2020, 04:24 PM »
Pretty sure he meant that there was almost four inches of standing water on top of the 5 inches of ice, not that he was fishing in 4 inches of water

Offline happyfish14

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 21, 2020, 04:32 PM »
Oooooooo "on Top of 5in of ice"....  🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️ I need to Pay closer attentionnnnnn 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Offline Gold Rush

• IceShanty Rookie
  • They don't call it a "bobhouse" for nothing...
« Reply #8 on: Jan 22, 2020, 06:40 PM »
Pretty sure he meant that there was almost four inches of standing water on top of the 5 inches of ice, not that he was fishing in 4 inches of water
Like he said..............Ther e was 4" of water on top of 5" of ice. We were standing in water fishing through 5"of ice. We were fishing down about 15' deep.
You can't tell which way the train went by the tracks it left behind.

Offline Arctic Addict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flagggg!!!!!
« Reply #9 on: Jan 22, 2020, 08:23 PM »
I was fishing in the 4" of water on top of the 5" of ice and didn't catch a thing.......
"Hope" is not a good fishing strategy!

Offline happyfish14

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 22, 2020, 11:18 PM »
🤨🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.