Author Topic: Many first's yesterday.  (Read 640 times)

Offline NH piker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'm tracker2011 on MFF
Many first's yesterday.
« on: Jan 12, 2015, 07:09 AM »
Went and fished for Laker's on Sunday for the first time through the ice. Caught 2 and couple of misses. Used PK's lures  for the first time and that's what I caught the Laker's on. Used my Humminbird 597ci hd boat fishfinder that I converted for ice fishing and used the flasher setting which was the first time using electronics's for ice fishing. I know if it wasn't for the flasher I would not have caught the Laker's. I hope this wasn't beginner's luck.

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Many first's yesterday.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2015, 07:22 AM »
Way to go! How did you like fishing for lakers?
Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2015, 07:25 AM »
Welcome to the world of ice fishing with electronics. We call it video game fishing. I would rather leave my auger at home than my flasher. I'll chip through 3 feet of ice with my car keys but I will NOT fish without the flasher.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2015, 12:15 PM »
Welcome to the world of ice fishing with electronics. We call it video game fishing. I would rather leave my auger at home than my flasher. I'll chip through 3 feet of ice with my car keys but I will NOT fish without the flasher.

Just make sure you record that attempt!!!

I wouldn't go as far as that, but I do love my Showdown! Besides making it feel like a game, it tells you more importantly whether or not if there are any fish in that area.

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

I am a legend in my own mind!

Offline NH piker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'm tracker2011 on MFF
« Reply #4 on: Jan 12, 2015, 01:03 PM »
Fishing for the laker's was really cool. I watched some videos on youtube about how to use the flasher's and the very first laker was exactly how it was suppose to work. I let the PK down to the bottom, reeled it up a little off the bottom then I saw a fish come up off the bottom to attack my PK so I started to slowly reel in the line and I watched the fish and the lure come together on the screen and bam, fish on..Unfortunately I brought up the laker and got it out of the hole only to have it fall off, hit the floor and bounce right into the hole and down it went. It was fun and I got one more laker and that one I was able to get my hands on so I can call that an official catch. Can't wait to get out again for them. Going to try Winni for the first time next trip out...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.