Michigan > Ice Fishing Michigan U.P.

Escanaba Ice Fishing

(1/2) > >>

Letha_Face:
I live around Cornell. Basically in Escanaba since its the bigger town right next door. It seems like there are no inland lakes that freeze early around here to ice fish. Are there any? Maybe escanaba river would work? It takes a while before little bay de noc is safe. Anyone know any good places near by the escanaba area that have good fish?

berg1sj:
Groverland Mine Ponds in Feltch usually freeze pretty early compared to everything else

axtell31:
Yes the ponds do freeze early and you are going to be into some action, but its a lot of little ones.  I would suggest trying any other small lake in the norway area, such as hamilton... pannies....walleye.... pike...     If you are just after number of pannies the ponds are a good bet.  Might even be enough to do some walking on now.

berg1sj:
Have you heard anything on Kipling at all???

killitandgrillit:
Kipling wont be safe until after Christmas. You can bet your bottom dollar some fool will go through in his truck trying to get out there though. You can always call BayView sports shop for conditions. Chris is an awesome guy, always gives good information.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version