Author Topic: Otter Cottage Seat Mod  (Read 361 times)

Offline IceAddict87

• Team IceShanty Regular
Otter Cottage Seat Mod
« on: Sep 19, 2021, 08:48 PM »
Got an Otter cottage XT the end of the season last year. Only had a chance to use it once last season and I havenít gotten it out of the rafters yet. Was curious if anyone here has modified the seat to make it work with the pro seat. Would have been best to buy a pro version but options were very limited last year. The bench it came with was missing some of the thread inserts so they sent me a new one.  In the process of figuring out how to use one of my pro seats from my lodge in the cottage.

Offline Mean Gene

• Iceshanty Militia
  • IceShanty Rookie
Re: Otter Cottage Seat Mod
« Reply #1 on: Sep 20, 2021, 08:36 PM »
Not sure if they fit,but I know that bench can get pretty uncomfortable. I put new canvas on my wild one and wow. New shanty.

Offline Baetis62

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Sep 20, 2021, 11:24 PM »
I added the Pro Xover Cottage last year.  Shorter rods only in there but I like it a lot.   Since you have the pro seat and the black plastic base the seat sits on already all you should need is the cross rail, rail brackets and a couple of end caps.  Looks like the rail and caps are available on Otter's website under replacement shelter parts.  Might want to email or call them about the brackets.  Previously I fished off of a Magnum Pro sled with the seat rail and pro seat without the canvas.  It was easy to add the seating and quite comfortable. Good luck

Offline IceAddict87

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Sep 21, 2021, 08:31 PM »
I added the Pro Xover Cottage last year.  Shorter rods only in there but I like it a lot.   Since you have the pro seat and the black plastic base the seat sits on already all you should need is the cross rail, rail brackets and a couple of end caps.  Looks like the rail and caps are available on Otter's website under replacement shelter parts.  Might want to email or call them about the brackets.  Previously I fished off of a Magnum Pro sled with the seat rail and pro seat without the canvas.  It was easy to add the seating and quite comfortable. Good luck

I about bought one from a guy that put the crosslink in. He said the seat is lower since the sleds are so much different. I have friends with the pro version and they donít like the seat positioning in theirs and after I sat in it I agree. I want to figure something out so I can put my sidekick and caddy next to me. And have them be fairly secure. I have been using my lodge as a one man for a long time, used to go quite a bit and have a buddy with me but it seems like they all have their own shacks. Trick my trap on the book of faces has some good stuff, Iíll post pics whenever I get mine done.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.