Author Topic: L.O.T.W. suggestions  (Read 617 times)

Offline Mean Gene

• IceShanty Rookie
L.O.T.W. suggestions
« on: Sep 12, 2021, 05:59 PM »
New ice shanty member, but I've been reading posts on here for years. Finally got aboard. Anyways my son (13) and I are planning trip in late December. Hoping for feedback on Zippel Bay or maybe Arnesons. Or maybe you have a better place. We'll be sleeping in a cabin not on the ice. Like try for northern too.

Offline NEWLEE

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Marcum then catch 'em
Re: L.O.T.W. suggestions
« Reply #1 on: Sep 13, 2021, 06:14 AM »
Ballard's is great, and they have an American plan  ;D :thumbsup:

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Sep 13, 2021, 08:14 AM »
Ballards is who I go thru.  I think they are the top resort up there, and it shows.  That said, you can't go wrong with Borderview, Zipple, Arnesons, River Bend. 

Will be heading to Ballards in January for the annual trip up there. 
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline Mean Gene

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Sep 17, 2021, 02:02 PM »
Thanks for the info. I will check them out.

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Sep 17, 2021, 03:28 PM »
Keep an eye out for LOW ice reports when the time gets closer.  Most of the resorts up there post updates on them moving ice houses out.  Check out their websites. 

Most times by Christmas they have enough ice to start moving permanent houses out.  Third week of Dec is usually about that time.  There have been years when they don't start moving the houses out until after New Years. 
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.