Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1631296 times)

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #6840 on: Dec 06, 2016, 06:41 AM »
Morning all!!well the fall clean up turned into winter clean up I guess we will just have to get those leaves in the spring now that they r cover with about 3" of snow and we r supposed to get another 2" to 4" tonite into tmrw.have to run a load of wood today to a fella.
WW good luck to Mr wally hope his patients can hold out
Icefisher good luck with the work truck I'm guessing it's diesel
IW good mooning to u
IFF safe travels in the bad weather today the water heater seemed like a PIA I'm sure ur glad its over
Bandera seems like the show was worth the trip for ya glad it was a good time now for some ice so u can test out those new toys u have
WS sounds like ur boss and my old boss are related that's the same kinda stuff they used to pull on occasion glad u survived hope ur not dragging to bad today sux busting ur back when ur tired I know all to well
Eddie hope the night shift went well for ya the transition days to nite can be horrible specially those first couple of nites.how many more nites will u have

Hope every 1 has a great day aND a better 1 tmrw

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #6841 on: Dec 06, 2016, 07:21 AM »
Good morning early risers . My area got a dusting of snow on Monday morning changed to light rain any snow gone by noon time. Weather guessers calling for snow later today into early Wednesday 1 to 2 inches. I'm home bound until garage I use calls me noticed before heading to dentist yesterday morning my state vehicle inspection had expired so dropped my SUV of on way home from dentist.
IFF quite a good sum of money you saved yourself on the water heater. Glad your brothers stroke was mild may he regain his speech quickly.
Banders731 enjoy the new gear appears you had a good time at the ST.Paul show. One of these years I have to get up to Ice Wanderer and Mealworm's part of NYS to attend ice fishing event held at Ice shanty sponsor Fish307 in Lake George.
Whopper Stopper may you have an easier time at work today.
Ice Wanderer appears you have a gravel or dirt driveway so need a snow base to protect your snow blower. A safe trip home for your wife today.
Icefisher-45 hope it is nothing major with the work truck.
Wallyworld it appears your husband is a white tail deer hunting diehard may he get a deer yet this season.
Mealworm have a good day delivering fire wood.

I'm guessing Eddie is still working the 2PM to 10:30 PM shift or went back to his regular hours today so he did not have time to post this morning.

Time for me to make Breakfast and take my antibiotics. Have a good day everyone. Best to all hunting and fishing.
Steve

Offline SeisMec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'd rather be fishing!
« Reply #6842 on: Dec 06, 2016, 07:24 AM »
You are having too good people. In the middle of a blizzard here, Was out at 5:30 to blow a 3ft deep 20 wide drift out of the drive thinking I would try to get out of the hood. Got to the end of the driveways and find that there is a 2ft x 30ft drift on the street. Got all that cleared out even with the wind trying to back fill it for me. Get to the end of the block to find at least 2 move big drfits on the street. Looks like I'm going to be late today.

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6843 on: Dec 06, 2016, 08:15 AM »
IFF- Guess that traffic you are talking about is on 25. Funny thing when i was just out there in Brighton visiting friends. We drove over to Pikes Peak. On the way back our friend Mike said (good god i hate this traffic.) Now he is originally from the Chicago area. I gently reminded him that we were not in traffic. You want traffic? Try driving on the Kennedy during rush hour. If it is snowing, raining, or just plain sunshine. He sheepishly agreed. ::)
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline SeisMec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'd rather be fishing!
« Reply #6844 on: Dec 06, 2016, 08:27 AM »
Gave up on trying to go to work. The neighborhood has a website, they are saying vehicles are stuck on both roads into Bismarck blocking the roads. The county is saying tha snowplows will not be out today.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6845 on: Dec 06, 2016, 08:29 AM »
We got a few inches of snow on Sunday. Part of that melted yesterday. Snow guessed to be starting again on Wednesday and continuing for almost a week. Talking lake effect so that can get serious as you New Yorkers know. As usual with the first or any snow the accidents start happening. A double fatality in the next county right off the bat. Sad.

I started the snow blower Sunday to make sure it would run. I had to go through retraining as I forgot the steps needed to start it. thankfully it has electric start. I just wish that once it started to snow it would get cold and stay cold so I could get and keep a base as I blow part of the yard along with the cement drive.

Seismec Been there done that with blocked roads too many times. We were snowed in for 10 days one time. Skied out 3 miles to get supplies and the mail for the neighbor hood after a week.

Offline SeisMec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'd rather be fishing!
« Reply #6846 on: Dec 06, 2016, 08:31 AM »
Gave up on trying to go to work. The neighborhood has a website, they are saying vehicles are stuck on both roads into Bismarck blocking the roads. The county is saying tha snowplows will not be out today.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6847 on: Dec 07, 2016, 03:08 AM »
Good Morning Everyone! :bow:

It’s going to be a cool one hanging out of the bucket today. The temperature is 17 here in the bog, and the winds are blowing at 20mph with gusts, giving it a 0 degree feel for the parts that stick out ??? I have 3 trees to take down that the boss said he wants me to do before I go. I told him it would be good practice for the other guys, but he didn’t share my enthusiasm Lol.

Hope you all have a great day! Stay safe.

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #6848 on: Dec 07, 2016, 03:29 AM »
Good Morning Marv, Morning Everyone,
Welcome to another Hump Day!
30* and snowing this am, high of 40 expected here, accumulation of a few inches expected.
Marv...cold day there today! After the knockdown drag out day you had, was hoping you'd have a better one today. Hope all goes well, try to keep warm Sir! Only a few days left... :clap: :thumbsup:
Bud...so sorry to hear about your brother having a stroke, damn! Best wishes sent to him on his recovery.  :thumbsup:    Glad to read the hot water tank went pretty good and is up and operating. Oh, and Happy Easter to you also Sir!    ;D
Steve...glad the dentist appt. went well for you, always good! You were spot on about me yesterday not replying, got home around 11:15pm, back out the door around 5:15am to work the regular day shift....long day little sleep.
MW...how did you make out with your truck? Hope it was/is an easy fix for you.
Banders...sounds like you had a great time at the show! Best of luck with the new purchases this season!  :thumbsup:
Wally...we're still pulling for Mr.WW....best of luck to him today if he's hunting!
Seismic..sounds like you had your hands full with bad conditions yesterday. How are things shaping up out there for you?
Tom...lake effect snow can surely be a nightmare, that's for sure. Hope the weather guessers are wrong on their 10 day forecast....keep us posted!

Back on regular schedule again. Don't know how shift workers can do it, man that's got to be tough to maintain.
Decided to hold off on a newer truck for the time being or until my older Ford craps out, hopefully get one more winter out of her and dodge the small mortgage payment on a newer model for now.
We've got some outside work to do today, looks like I'll be breaking out the Carhart bibs and jacket.
Cawfee's on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #6849 on: Dec 07, 2016, 04:20 AM »
Good morning Whopper Stopper,Eddie and early risers. Whopper Stopper dress for the weather hope all the chain saws and lift/bucket on truck preform properly in the cold. Just keep thinking only a few more days and your a free man.
Eddie glad your back on regular shift. The changing shifts every so many days/weeks does get to you and is disruptive to your life and family relations. Looking back I wonder how I worked the schedules I did for around 10 years.
SeisMec hope the blizzard has ended and crews are out clearing roadways. Do you keep an emergency food supply to deal with Winter storms.
Mr.Turkey you comment on being snowed in for 10 days makes me wonder about the customers at my workplace who run to the supermarkets whenever a snowfall of 4 or more inches is forecasted. Usually the majority of residents in my area have their streets plowed within a day.

Have a good "Hump Day" folks. be cautious when traveling in Winter weather. Best to all hunting and fishing today.
Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #6850 on: Dec 07, 2016, 04:48 AM »

Good morning WS, Steve, Eddie SeisMec, ER's,
                      Seis.........That's a new one, I never heard of a municipality not going out to plow, but then we don't
             get some of the snowfalls that some other parts of the country!
                      WS.......I guess your boss can't take a joke, but the other guys need to learn how to do the job, you
             might retire soon! ;)2
                      Eddie.....I'm glad you're back to your on your regular schedule. When I worked and mealworm can attest
             to it, we would get an emergency sewer back up and we would be on the job for days with getting some  a couple
             of hours sleep in shifts in the truck! :%$#!: It really wears you out! :wacko:
                     Steve......I don't know how you do your schedule, it would really dampen a social life!
                     I hope everyone has a good Wednesday, Hump Day either at work or at play!

IW

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #6851 on: Dec 07, 2016, 05:10 AM »
Morning every 1 happy Wednesday looks like about 1.5 inches fell ladt nite will have to go plow a few driveways and parking lots today
WS bundle up as much as u can gotta be brutal in the bucket with tjose temps and wind
Eddie bet ur glad the nite shift is over I always said I couldn't ever do full time shift work either
Sies hope u were abe to get all dug out aND the county finally came and cleared the streets.once and a while when we get huge snow storms the town and county will let some streets go till after the storm is over dosent happen often but does happen
IFF best wishes to ur brother hoping for a speedy recovery
Have a great day every 1 and have a better 1 tmrw

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6852 on: Dec 07, 2016, 06:00 AM »
Good Morning all, 14* so far, and not as much snow accumulated as predicted, looks like only an inch on the deck.  Will stay close to the fireplace today. Guessers say a high of 17, then on down to 0 for over night.  Today has another reason to reflect on the past for me.  Not only Pearl Harbor, lost my oldest sister this same date.  Sure miss her, was like a second Mother.  Don't envy anyone having to be working outside when it dips down like this, but being able to hunt or fish is way better.  Stay warm everyone, don't fall for any "Fake News" ;D :whistle:

Coffee is on here now too !
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6853 on: Dec 07, 2016, 06:27 AM »
Morning all,
Sure is pretty outside with a fresh coat of snow on the ground. Supposed to get some accumulation from lake effect snows thru the end of the week, we'll see.
IFF....take it easy today. Days like this can be tough even after many years have passed  :'( My thoughts & prayers will be with you. Best wishes to your brother for a speedy, complete recovery.
WS....keep warm up there in the sky. Think I worked for your boss a few different times over the years  ;)2
Eddie...you keep warm out there also. Always feel bad for the guys/gals working outside in the cold :-\ hunting & fishing in it is completely different of course  ;D
Have a good day all. Drive careful if you're in snow country. Keep warm, stay safe.

Offline iowapackfan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6854 on: Dec 07, 2016, 08:23 AM »
 ;D ;D Good morning all. 22 deg. this morn. Supposed to be colder by the weekend. Patiently waiting for ice here.  ::) Have a great day all. Remember Pearl Harbor :'(
God,Country, and the Green Bay Packers

Offline ARMY1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6855 on: Dec 07, 2016, 08:39 AM »
Good Morning. 0 degrees on my way in to work this morning, I'm planning on being on the ice this weekend! A big thank you to all our WWII vets out there.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6856 on: Dec 07, 2016, 08:52 AM »
In the old days the county would shut down the plows during a blizzard. It is to dangerous for the drivers to plow blind with the danger of hitting a stuck car. It has been years since we have had real serious snows in my old stomping grounds. For some reason the heavy lake effect snow has shifted to the south and north of there. They are guessing it to be heavy at my old place this week.

It is the grand daughters final year in Music Education. She has a recital this Friday that we might have to miss due to the forecast lake effect. her college is in the lake effect zone that used to be at my place. This old geezer does not like driving in storms they way people drive these days.

MR C Back in the days we were getting snowed in quite often we were always prepared for it, unlike the people of today. The only problem was when we ran short of cigarettes. Other wise there was plenty canned and in the freezer to get by. Hoe baked bread was a normal happing and dry milk was always in the cup board.

It might have been the year of the 10 day snow in that the gal across the street decided it was time to have her baby. Luckily the National Guard had been to with in less than a mile opening the road to get fuel oil to a property or my LPN wife, at the time, would have been delivering the baby. She worked in OB so she had experience.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6857 on: Dec 07, 2016, 05:28 PM »
9* out on the deck and so was a rat.  It would make the 5 or so feet out to the seed and back in about 2.5 seconds.  I stepped out a drew a bead on the area it was going to, Win Model 61 1" 4X scope CCI CB short.  Scratch one rat.  Dang I love that 61  ;D
Bud

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6858 on: Dec 07, 2016, 08:33 PM »
Good Job on the dirty rat that was

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6859 on: Dec 08, 2016, 02:58 AM »
Good Morning Everyone! :bow:

Good job on the rat Bud! :thumbsup:

Fore a twigger or anyone else working above the buildings, yesterday was trying for sure. The wind pretty well ate its way down to my bones. The jobs went well; they just seemed to take forever to finally be done. As I was leaving the boss said he picked up one more cottonwood that he wants me to do today. I said “Thanks”. At this point It doesn't really matter.

When I got home last night the girls had a roaring fire in the downstairs wood stove and a big pot of beef stew simmering on the kitchen stove upstairs. It sure is amazing how a person’s attitude for the day can immediately change when your belly is full of good hot food. Lol

There is talk of walkable ice right around the corner, I am ready.

I hope everyone has a good Thursday no matter what is on the planner. If you are dealing with things outside, keep warm.

Good Morning Eddie and Mark! Hope you guys have a good day, Eddie, it's pay day  :clap:

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #6860 on: Dec 08, 2016, 03:39 AM »
Good Morning Marv, Morning Everyone,
24* with overcast skies this am, high of 34 expected here today.
Marv...hope today's project goes well for you, be safe out there. Two thumbs up on the ladies having a nice dinner and a comforting fire for your arrival, that's excellent. Have a stress free day and count down the hours to  :icefish:   Have a great last day today!   :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:
Bud...x2 on OG's reply, nice shot!!  :thumbsup:  Sorry to read that about your sister, my condolences on your loss and I hope the good memories brought comfort to you yesterday.
Tom...best wishes on a change in weather so you can enjoy the evening at your granddaughters recital.
Army1...welcome aboard the 9:45! X2 on your reply about the WWII Vets...not so many left anymore. Assuming by your name you're a Vet also...Thank You for your service.    :thumbsup:

Watching the weather channel last evening and the blizzard conditions out in Seismic's area...wow, just plain nasty!! Hopefully we'll hear from Seismic again and get an update...best wishes!
Extended forecast here looks promising of getting on some ice before Christmas, that would be awesome. Looks like a few small snow snow storms in the mix as well, crossing fingers they miss and we just get the cold temps.
Our outside project went well yesterday, we hand graded 35yds of #2 stone for another pour coming up. Not sure when that is scheduled for, but the fair weather is almost history now.
Time to get ready for another day....cawfee's on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!
A little something for everyone with a dog... :clap:   https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FIRT7lf8byw

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6861 on: Dec 08, 2016, 03:54 AM »
Morning fellow ERs!  Still no snow in my locale  :-\  so I'm headed to work instead of the woods again.  We're supposed to have some on the ground by tomorrow am, so I look to get out tomorrow and Saturday.  This deer season sure has been a stinker so far weatherwise and I'm hoping a little white stuff on the ground will get the deer activated to move a little.  Hope everyone has a safe and productive Thursday and best of luck to those wetting a line or getting a bead on a deer.
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6862 on: Dec 08, 2016, 04:00 AM »
Good Morning ER's   -2* at this hour, and  Thank You :bow: :bow: :bow: Its making ice.  And I did remember a lot of happy times with my Sister. Think I might as well start dusting off my ice gear ?  The new to me Striker Predator Suit sure is comfy.  Sad to hear about Calexit  :whistle:

Edit:  Now at 4:00 -6* but day time will see back to 50 come Friday - Sunday  :P :woot:
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #6863 on: Dec 08, 2016, 04:52 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                     WS........I love my outside wood boiler but I sure do miss the heat radiating from a wood stove, I do have one
               in my basement but since I got the boiler a lot of stuff has accumulated around it! Have a safe day at work!
                     Bud........Good job on the rat*****!
                     Eddie.......Maybe they plan on heating the area to be poured? I hope we get some ice soon, maybe by next week
               there will be some on some of the smaller ponds that I've fished!
                     ARMY1.......Welcome to the morning show, and thank you for your service!
                     It looks like the Mrs. and I are going in to the woods today Christmas tree hunting, I hope I have better luck than
               I did deer hunting! lol
                     I hope everyone has a good Thursday, payday for most, either at work or at play!

IW

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #6864 on: Dec 08, 2016, 05:36 AM »
Morning folks!! Had a good day with the wife yesterday did some xmas shopping plowed a couple driveways that needed it also wife and I got xmas trees fir ourselves and the mother in law found 2 really nice wild trees actually I had found them while deer hunting.wife still trying to fill black powder tag she said ladt nite a deer came into sight barely just before dark and bedded down leaving her no shot the deer spooked and ran off as she tried to put the stalk on to it.
Today we have to cut split and deliver 5 cord of wood should keep us busy.
IW good luck on the xmas tree hunt don't wear ur self out to much gonna need ur help tmrw harvesting some piggies
IFF good job on the rat hope that was the last 1 kicking around,wierd how u can go from below 0 temps to 50° hope the colder Temps really put the ice maker on for ya
Deal ninja hope the work day Flys by for ya and tmrw brings a monster racked buck in ur sights
Eddie lobe that video funny stuff rite there have a good day in the trenches
WS nothing like a good fire and hot comfort food to change ur attitude hang in there sir only couple more days till play layoff and play season
Good luck to any 1 hunting or fishing and stay safe have a great day and a better 1 tmrw every 1

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6865 on: Dec 08, 2016, 09:21 AM »
Good Morning ER's  one lake is capped already might only be a day or 2 hope everyone gets ice soon real soon

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6866 on: Dec 08, 2016, 09:23 AM »
Morning all,
Snowing like crazy out right now....lake effect for the next 24 hours or so. Total amounts forecast range from a couple inches to possibly over a foot...depends how the bands set up. Always a guessing game  ;D
Army 1....thank you for your service and sacrifices made by not only you, but your family also.
WS.....last day, last day, last day, last day  :clap: :clap:  ;)2 ;)2    just in time for some walkable ice  ;D
Eddie...how's the back doing? I know sometimes the cold weather can cause things to flare up. nice video thanks for sharing.
IFF... :thumbsup: on the rat kill! In the past 5 days I have caught 22 mice from 3 buildings, there's just no end to the little buggers  >:(  -6* to 50* that's crazy  :o :o
IW....good luck on harvesting a tree today  ;D
MW...good luck with the wood splitting & pig harvesting. May your wife get another shot at that deer before the season ends.
Ninja....good luck to you also in the woods.
TT...hope you get to make the grand daughter's recital tomorrow. I know how much little things like that matter.
Have a good day all....pay day for some, makes the other 4 days seem worth it ;)2  Stay safe.

Offline iowapackfan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6867 on: Dec 08, 2016, 11:58 AM »
 ;D Morning all. 10 deg. outside and we're makin ice. Bought the Christmas tree yesterday so the wife is gonna decorate it this weekend. Gonna hop in the truck  and take a gander at some of the local ponds and see what the ice looks like. Shouldn't be too much longer now, gettin goosebumps just thinking about it. ::) for those of you venturing out on first ice, BE SAFE, BE CAREFUL. Have a fantasticly amazing day! ;D :tipup:
God,Country, and the Green Bay Packers

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6868 on: Dec 08, 2016, 04:20 PM »
Good Afternoon, My home lake capped last night to the tune of about 99%  currently its partly cloudy, and 20* Low tonight down to 6 then the roller coaster begins up to 48 then 54 ugh. :blink:  :wacko:

Put one of my snowblowers on Nextdoor.com and think its sold, waiting for call back on when they want to pick it up.

Looks like Dom stepped in some superglue out in the hallway  :unsure: or he is loading up on some 1/4 pounders  ;D
Bud

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6869 on: Dec 08, 2016, 06:01 PM »
Wow what a storm. Maybe an inch so far. I did fire up the blower to clear off part of the drive. Leaf blower that is. Every one has another thing coming come Christmas. Got called a red neck when I blew the new snow off every ones cars with the leaf blower, when they were leaving. I hope they like sweeping off their own cars this Christmas.

It will be a while before my main lake skims over. almost white caps this after noon. it will not help when it does with all the snow guessed to be coming.

Typical of Michigan. First snow 40 vehicle pile up, 3 dead. Stuff will keep happening  all winter as Michigan drivers never learn.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.