Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1631615 times)

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #6780 on: Nov 30, 2016, 06:45 AM »
Good Morning gang hope everyone has a good day. Tried UFCreels plastics he passed on 2 out of first 3 drops landed 2 fish. Old habits are hard to break 2nd spot I used Waxies for a hour 2 bites and only 1 gill. Still not cold here. WS stay safe today. Mason good parking to you. To the hunters hope you bag one. UFC thanks again. This waiting really is getting to me. Mr. Clean hope your schedule isn't to bad.

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6781 on: Nov 30, 2016, 06:57 AM »
Old Goat. You are welcome sir. Glad to hear you tried them out. The more you use them. The less bait you will buy. I used to buy bait too. Now the only bait i will buy. Is when i am using tip ups and i pick up roaches. My friend who owns the local bait shop is not happy that i don't buy Waxies and spikes anymore. But he does like it when i drop off gills and crappie for him. Again thanks for the sled. Trying to make time this week to switch it out on the Scout. But my pile of tree limbs and trunk logs keep getting in the way. My wife came home with laser lights to decorate the house. They run for 5 hours and automatically turn off then turn on again at 5:00 pm. No more unplugging before bed time.  Got them installed yesterday along with our old light up Santa and Frosty. Yard decorating done. To all have a great day. Charlie
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6782 on: Nov 30, 2016, 07:40 AM »
No problem with the blood draw yesterday. No one waiting so I was in and out in a few minutes. Good gal doing the poking as she hit it right w away. Dr's appointment is not until tomorrow. Back to cluds today with a few sprinkles over night.

Sounds like my son is done deer hunting too as he started a new job yesterday. He will have some week end muzzle loader time. I got a look at pictures of my life time hunting buddys buck. Real big 8 point. He said he had not had that one on camera so it must have got pushed in by other hunters. This guy lives deer 365 days a year and has some prime habitat.

We got a few decorations put up out side yesterday. I just noticed the boss trying to get the remote off and on to work. She did not hear me that I had not hook up the remote yet yesterday. I got a funny look for that one. I did get the big tote of interior decorations hauled in yesterday. My part of decorating is done until I put the tub back in the garage after Christmas.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6783 on: Nov 30, 2016, 08:00 AM »
Morning all,
Another dreary, misty, blah kind of day here. Temps are upper 40s to mid 50s.......not much ice forming  >:(
WS....better you than me that far off the ground  :bow: you should be able to hear my knees knocking just thinking about it  :pinch: be safe up there!
Eddie....thought of you this morning as I cleared 6 mice off the various traps in my barns.....good old peanut butter still gets em  ;)2 hope you're able to come up with a reasonable parking solution, leave it to NYS to up their fees  :-\
Mr C....take it easy with the wild schedule, the change in routine can really mess you up.
IW....good luck in the woods if you decide to head out. Safe travels to your wife.
MW...ditto the good luck wishes.
TT...hope you're doctor's appt goes well tomorrow.
Not much into decorating yet with this weather....need some cooler temps & a LITTLE snow to get in the Christmas spirit. Never could figure out how people in warmer climates could get excited about Christmas decorating, all the lights look so much prettier reflecting off some fresh snow  ;) 
Have a good day. Stay safe.

Offline Yoopergirl

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice chicks DO exist!!
« Reply #6784 on: Nov 30, 2016, 08:34 AM »
Waiting in the airport to fly to Toronto then Ottawa.  My sister said they were suckers tlby letting me thru security!  ::)  Nice sister, huh?  Might need to invest in a smaller carry-on.  Borrowed this one from my mom and they almost didn't allow it on the smaller plane.

One of these times I'll have to try out the fishing while I'm there!

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #6785 on: Nov 30, 2016, 07:06 PM »
Evening every 1! Not much to talk about,wife and I been hunting pretty hard,u know it's bad when our kids are giving us a hard time about how much we have been hunting lol I did jump a smaller buck but wasn't able to get a good shot then he jumped into some nasty swamp and I wasn't really feeling chasing a deer through waste deep water,wife saw couple of doe
Yooper safe travels hope u enjoy ur Canada trip I would deff be bringing fishing gear sometime
WW best luck to ur husband hope he gets on a deer soon I'm sure this warm weather isn't helping much,like u said deff not helping the ice
Tom turkey glad the blood work went well hope ur next appointment goes well also.my wife had our xma's decorations out day after thanksgiving
Have a good nite all hope every 1 had a great day and has a better 1 tmrw

Online masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #6786 on: Dec 01, 2016, 03:47 AM »
Good Morning and Welcome to December Everyone!
44* and raining on the Hill, suppose to clear out and see some sun today, 44 for a high.
MW...best of luck today again to you and your wife if hunting, those Adirondack bucks arent playing fair this year! Hopefully that will stop today.. :thumbsup:
Mindy...have a nice trip at your sisters. How much does a temporary fishing license cost in Canada? Maybe you can borrow a pole from your sis while you're there and get in a few casts.
Wally...wtg on the mouse harvest!  :clap:  We're up to 4 now at the shop, got one over the Thansgiving break. We're still pulling for Mr.Wally... :thumbsup:
Tom...glad things went well at the Dr.'s for you. Have you considered trying black powder hunting with your son for one last trip?
UFC..hope the new sled from OG  works out for you.  :thumbsup: 
OG..those new plastics sound hot! Keep us posted on your next trip....maybe a link to purchase some?   ;D
Steve...sounds like another crazy work week going on for you, best wishes! We've been asking for over a year now about a reduced rate for parking...not likely going to happen.
Jeff...hope today's hunt goes well for you also, you guys deserve a deer! My back has been tender, but I try not over doing anything...it lets me know!  ;D Walking seems to be the best cure. Sitting too long becomes a problem.
Good luck today with a nice one!   :thumbsup:
Mark...we'll wait to hear the deer story! Glad the jerky turned out well, it was too good looking not to!   :clap:

We've got an outside job this morning pressure washing and using a restoration cleaner on a huge set of steps. They want to take advantage of the weather and temp and make the area a bit more presentable for the tree lighting ceremony in a few days....no heavy lifting which is a good deal.   :thumbsup:
Found a new place to park, it's about a 12 minute walk, but it saves $50\week...I'll take it!
Cawfee's on.... :icefish: is coming!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6787 on: Dec 01, 2016, 04:43 AM »
Good morning everyone, pouring rain here and 43 degrees. Suppose to be in the 50s today. Hope everyone has a great day and a safe one. :tipup: :tipup:
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #6788 on: Dec 01, 2016, 04:50 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                       It rained most of the night here, everything looks soaked, I won't be hunting this morning, I have an
                appointment to get a tow hitch put on my new truck, I'll be out this afternoon! It sure is getting depressing
                not seeing a buck. I know they are there I see them on my trail cam and I found new rubs!
                       Eddie.....I hope all goes well with the step cleaning, that should be less invasive on your back!
                       Wally......I hope Mr. WW is having better luck than we are!
                       I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out in the woods or on the water!

IW

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6789 on: Dec 01, 2016, 05:55 AM »
Got a mix coming down this morning. It is going to be interesting this morning to see if they have the roof covered on the street behind us that they stripped yesterday. It was still bare wood when I looked just before dark.

I got a call from my old hunting buddy last night that they got the buck yesterday that they wounded the day before. My son is using my muzzle loader but we still have a late antlerless season so I could go shoot a doe if I wanted to with my 284 Winchester Model 100. Not really interested in doing that as most of Michigan is not over run with does that need to be taken. Our antlerless management area covers 2 1/2 counties so there is plenty of private land to take a doe off of.

Offline Yoopergirl

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice chicks DO exist!!
« Reply #6790 on: Dec 01, 2016, 07:56 AM »
Finally got to my sister's!  Got on my connecting flight in Toronto at 12:10 and then got an announcement it was too foggy to land in Ottawa so they unboarded us with no idea of when we'd be able to get another flight.  Started talking to a nice 88 year old gent from Saskatoon who bought me a beer and lunch to pass the time!  He said we had a lot in common, he was a vet, i was a nurse, haha!!!  He also grew "bedadas" or potatoes!!

Got on a flight at 4:10 and finally got into Ottawa.  My carryon ended up being checked since the flight was packed so it was the first bag off the plane.  I turned around and my other suitcase was against the wall.  It must have come on an earlier flight!  I was out of there in less than 5 min!!

Biggest issue is my cell doesn't work in Canada and I didn't bring my mom's phone so I had to borrow phones!

Going to kill a pig today!!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6791 on: Dec 01, 2016, 08:13 AM »
Morning all,
This dark, dreary, cloudy weather sure is getting old, need a couple days of some bright sun shine again to get motivated to get out and do something  @) not to mention some sunshine would help the solar system start making some power again instead of drawing off National Grid  >:(
IW/MW....Mr WW definitely is suffering from "depressed deer hunter syndrome" also this year, so many hours spent in the woods & no decent opportunities yet  :-\  The season isn't over till 12/20 in the southern zone so there's still some time, but it's not looking too good  :'(
Eddie...glad to hear you found a parking spot that won't break the bank. And walking is good for your back and also can be a great way to shift from work mode to "my time" mode at the end of the day. Might be a bit brisk in the dead of winter, but hey, we're "ice fishers" so we can handle a little chill now and then  ;D
Mr C...hope you're surviving "hell week" ok. When do you return to your normal schedule?
IFF...how's work? Bet things are flying out the door with all the bargain hunters doing their holiday shopping.
Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6792 on: Dec 01, 2016, 08:30 AM »
WW, Back to my store today for 8.  Still a long way to go, started condensing displays, moved same type of clothing together regardless of brand by sizes. help out at the registers when they get backed up.  The real frenzy hasn't started yet

YG glad to hear you got there ok, and a free lunch to boot  :clap: :thumbsup:

see the high country got some fishable ice.  expecting some moisture tomorrow.  Hope Mr. WW is at the right spot at the right time today and geterdone.
Bud

Offline iowapackfan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6793 on: Dec 01, 2016, 09:38 AM »
 ;D morning all. dark,dreary but COLD (30 deg) high today. Think ice is coming, slow but surely ???  going to climb up in the loft out in the mancave after while and dig out sled, 4T and Ion and go over everything and get ready for when THAT day comes ;D :tipup: Have a great day all
God,Country, and the Green Bay Packers

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6794 on: Dec 01, 2016, 11:41 AM »
Good Late Morning ER's was watching WPT last night they put Alone in the Wilderness on oh what a treat.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6795 on: Dec 01, 2016, 06:08 PM »
OG  ?  whats WPT ?
Bud

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6796 on: Dec 01, 2016, 06:19 PM »
WPT Might be Wisconsin Public Television.

The program he mentioned sounds like the one they show periodically when they are raising money on our public TV stations in Michigan. I have watched the program a number of times.

EDIT LOL I went out to watch Michigan Outdoors on our public TV station. Guess what comes on after that. You guessed it! Alone in the Wilderness. Guess what I am going to watch when I sit and charge  my stimulator. I have not seen it in quite a while.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6797 on: Dec 01, 2016, 08:18 PM »
OG  ?  whats WPT ?

WI Public Television

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #6798 on: Dec 02, 2016, 01:26 AM »
Morning all!!
deer suck that's about all I got lol

Yooper glad u finally made it to ur sisters.congrats on ur photo making the top 10 in the coolest ice fishing pic contest
WW wish our  deer season was a bit longer looks like this year we could use an extension lol
Eddie should be an easy job power washing the steps hope the back heals up soon nothing worse than a bad back
WS stay safe out there in the jungle
Good luck to all tjose in the deer woods or on the water
Hope every 1 has a great day and a better 1 tmrw

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6799 on: Dec 02, 2016, 03:01 AM »
Good morning everyone, coffees on, heading to work. 40 degrees here. Suppose to be in the upper 40s. At least it's not raining. Hope everyone has a great day and a safe one. :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #6800 on: Dec 02, 2016, 03:14 AM »

Good morning MW, icefisher, ER's,
                    I just wanted to pop in, I'm going to sit in my blind for a while in a few minutes. I saw 2 Does yesterday a nd a button buck,
            maybe things are looking up.
                   I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out fishing or hunting!

IW

Online masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #6801 on: Dec 02, 2016, 03:34 AM »
Good Morning MW, Jeff, I-45, Morning Everyone,
34* and light winds this am, high of 42 predicted with partly cloudy skies today. Will be nice seeing some sunshine today.
MW..I hear ya on the deer, sometimes I believed they used tunnels after the sound of the first gun shot... ;D  Still got a few days left though....keep the faith!! Good luck today... :thumbsup:
Bud...I was going to say the WPT was the World Poker Tour...lol. Any plans of taking a trip up to the mountains and getting on some early ice?
Wally...a buddy of mine always said hunting was about putting in endless hours for a few seconds of joy. Guess there's some truth in that, but it never made me feel better when the deer didn't show.  ;D Hope today is the day for Mr. WW.  :thumbsup:
Jeff...good luck today to you also, man it's been a tough year so far up north for you guys.
Mindy...glad you made it to your sisters less the delay. Nice of the older gent to buy lunch, how did the pig go?
Marv..hope things are going well for you and the crew, have a safe day in the jungle today Sir!   :thumbsup:

We were working on the steps yesterday and noticed a minivan come pulling in off the street, front tire comes up over the curb and comes to a stop, parked right like that. Few minutes later, a young black woman gets out opens the hood and we see her doing something in motor area. Two of us walk over to see if we can help her out. I could smell anti-freeze a ways off. So we ask her what's the problem? Says the temp gauge is all the way up and the motor was making some noise. Well, she tried taking  the radiator cap right off with a towel wrapped around her han and the pressure blew it out of her hand somewhere down into the motor compartment.
Long story short, we found the radiator cap and she had anti-freeze, appears she's been through this a few times.
The coolant reservoir was full, we topped off the radiator, and I asked her to start the motor and put the heater on high and see if blowing hot. She says yes, but the gauge is still all the way on hot. So I walked over to look...the gauge was pegged to hot but the blower was sending cold air...flat out lying right. I said this isn't blowing hot air, it's cold. She mumbled something, so I said you better not drive this anywhere or your going have some major problems...she got out and shut the hood, pulled away....not even as much as a thank you.
Told my buddy....well, don't know about you, but I've done my good deed for this month already.... ;D
Cawfe's on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting today...especially the deer hunters!   :thumbsup:

Offline WarBonnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6802 on: Dec 02, 2016, 04:56 AM »
   T.G.I.F.A., Morning to all the ERs, 31* here on the hill, have had two days and nights of SNOW & rain, about 6 or 7" total . Wife canceled her appointment at the cancer center yesterday, not good weather for the 200+ round trip just to talk about how things are going ! didn't see many deer taken here in Maine , season was over last month, I don't hunt any more. Good luck to those still after them ! Mindy, glad you made it to your sister's and the PIG ! Take care all those at work or shopping.   ;D     WB

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6803 on: Dec 02, 2016, 06:38 AM »
Eddie not as yet.  think I will stay at the lower levels, and make it out after Xmas.  Just not to excited about fishing for trout.  BTDT.  I might make an exception for Salmon or Lakers  ;D  Would rather be after the white ones (Perch, Walleyes, Crappies, Gills) 

Expecting a high of about 33* today with maybe some snow flakes.  Will take Saturday off, just to fiddle around the man cave.
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6804 on: Dec 02, 2016, 03:34 PM »
Evening everyone,
Actually I guess it's still afternoon.....just so dark out it feels like evening, my "dusk till dawn" lights have been on for about a half hour already  :P
Eddie....some people have no sense of basic common courtesy. A thank you is so easy & means so much to someone that gives you a hand for no reason other than seeing someone in need & trying to help. Kudos to you & your coworker  :thumbsup: :clap:
IFF....I don't envy you working retail this time of year, people do tend to get a little crazy at times  :wacko:  :cookoo: Enjoy your day off tomorrow.
IW/MW....any luck in the woods today? I would imagine the wind has them spooked pretty good.
Have a good night. Stay safe.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6805 on: Dec 02, 2016, 05:49 PM »
So much for sleeping in, got call on way home asking me to cover the Morning shift.  sounds like some flu going around.  ::)
Bud

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #6806 on: Dec 02, 2016, 06:09 PM »
Evening every 1! Deer still suck saw some doe just the bucks giving me the slip hoping some cooler temps for the weekend may help things

IFF....a flu greeeaaaat.hope u get some rest before ur early start
Eddie wow the nerve of some people ungrateful snob

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #6807 on: Dec 03, 2016, 01:34 AM »
good morning early risers. Mindy glad you finally arrived at your sisters nice of the gentlemen to treat you to lunch. hope the hog butchering was problem free. Congratulations to  you on having your photos chosen for the contest.
Mr.Turkey how was the doctors visit?
WarBonnett good move canceling wife's doctor visit no need to take chance on an auto accident especially given the distance of trip.
Eddie kudos to your coworkers and you for helping out the female driver. Sorry she could not take a moment to say thank you. I'm no mechanic but sounds like her car may need a new thermostat or has a head gasket leak. I had a similar problem with a Plymouth Neon .
Wallyworld after working this evening I'm on vacation for a week. I have to visit my dentist on two days for Root Canal procedure so will still be doing different sleep pattern. I also have no idea how any prescribed pain medication will affect me. Hope Mr.WW stars seeing some bucks.
IFF if the wife and you have not gotten Flu shot might want to get them don't need to be sick during Christmas time. Hope if it is the flu does not spread among all of your coworkers.
Ice Wanderer.Mealworm may you both start seeing more mature bucks. Mealworm congrats on having your photo chosen for the contest.

If you are interested registration for the yearly Ice shanty tournament has started and runs until Dec.30 TH.

Have a safe a good Saturday folks. Best to all hunting and fishing.
Steve

Offline banders731

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6808 on: Dec 03, 2016, 01:40 AM »
Morning to all -

Trying to finish up this work week (my boss told me i need to take vacation so im taking tomorrow off)  headed to the ice expo in st. paul on sunday (always a good time) and a way to get the juices flowing just a little bit more :)

hope everyone has a great weekend....next week looks to get pretty cold hear in the twin cities and obviously northward.....cant wait!!

take care everyone

-brian

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6809 on: Dec 03, 2016, 03:17 AM »
G'morning ERs!  About to get vertical and get after some deer again today.  Today I can shoot a doe or two if I want to, but I'm still hoping to get a crack at a nice buck.  Weather still not cooperating though with no snow.  :-\. I hope everyone has a great Saturday and best of luck to our other hunters today also.
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.