Author Topic: Seech Lake  (Read 4009 times)

Offline BenderRodriguez

• IceShanty Rookie
Seech Lake
« on: Feb 15, 2016, 09:52 AM »
Went to Seech on Valentines. Had two bites all afternoon dropped one at the hole. Didn't see what it was. Anyone fish this in the winter? What's in there? Beautiful Lake I will probably head back next week.

Offline BenderRodriguez

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Seech Lake
« Reply #1 on: Feb 16, 2016, 06:13 AM »
Lots of views and not a single reply tell me that like all the other forums that there is just a bunch of lurkers waiting for a tip. Well keep waiting girls these lips are sealed.

Offline Drift Dodger

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 16, 2016, 12:08 PM »
Lots of views and not a single reply tell me that like all the other forums that there is just a bunch of lurkers waiting for a tip. Well keep waiting girls these lips are sealed.

Thanks for your report. I've never been to Seech Lake or heard from anyone that has, and have never thought about fishing it myself.

Now I'm just guessing that you're probably the only IS member that's ever ice fished there, so little chance of getting any useful replies to your questions. Hopefully I'm wrong and some existing member(s) will respond, or knowledgeable lurker(s) will sign up and do so.
Garmin EchoMAP Plus 95sv, Garmin EchoMAP CHIRP 53dv, Garmin GT8HW-IF, Garmin GT10HN-IF, DeWalt DCD999B, K-Drill 7.5"

Offline quickstrike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 16, 2016, 04:10 PM »
I had to Google Seech lake as I had never heard of it myself. I'm not familiar with the area but it sounds very nice.

Offline fishin_guy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 17, 2016, 04:18 PM »
I have not fished it in the winter.  I have fished it during the summer months.  Very tight group of people on that lake.  Don't take kindly to outsiders.  There is walleye, pike, and perch in the lake.  They have stocked it with lake trout one year but no reports of anyone catching them.  Nice lake.  Lake is very sketchy in the winter.  This is a spring fed lake and ice conditions can change very quickly.  There is some pretty deep holes out in the middle.  Either 40 or 60 feet deep, can't remember.

Offline BenderRodriguez

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 18, 2016, 06:06 AM »
Don't take kindly to outsiders. Lol. What's the saying? Walk tall and carry a big boomstick?

Offline TogoJeff

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 26, 2016, 07:34 AM »
Havent heard too much about this lake either over the years
but seem to remember a post about 10 years ago of someone
catching spar there. Since spar haven't been stocked by the
province in many years doubtful if any remain.

Offline Olha fisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Mar 01, 2018, 10:34 AM »
Hello iknow this is a old post but as I was scrolling threw some forms I came across this post and decided to join your form to shed some light on this lake. As I grew up living ten minutes away from this lake and have fished it for over 25 years I can tell you this. The lake has holes in it up to 70ft deep. At least four under ground springs that feed the lake with are on the east side and make bad ice.  But  the lake holds monster Pike and walleye fishing is hard on the lake till you learn how to fish it. Perch are very few and the lake has been stocked with sparr in the past witch had minimal success but in 2010 and 2013 there were over 70,000 lake trout stocked into the lake which has a little bit more success Than The Spar did. And as far as the tight community in the lakes camp ground it is true the game and fish think of it as there own private club. Don't let this deture you from going and fishing a really great lake that has the clearest water in the area. The water is so clear the RCMP use to do all of there diver training in that lake in the mid 90s

Offline fishin_guy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Mar 22, 2018, 12:02 PM »
It is a nice little lake with good fishing.  In the summer it can get a little crowded with the locals in their water ski boats and people trying to fish but for the most part everyone plays together.  Yes it is a very private area.  I have a couple people with seasonal sites so I have camped in open sites with permission of the campsite.  Locals really look out for each other.  When it had a public campground there was a lot of parties and thefts from seasonal sites.  That is why they are hesitant on letting people wander.  I used to take swimming lessons their as a child along with knowing a lot of the long term people in the seasonal sites.  That warms them up to me explaining who I am lol.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.