The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Gull lake MI  (Read 889 times)

Offline Jszucs

• IceShanty Rookie
Gull lake MI
« on: Feb 01, 2019, 10:37 AM »
Heading to gull lake tomorrow with a buddy. Neither of us have fished this lake before, just looking for any typically bad spots of ice to avoid(we will be on snowmobiles) and any pointers to get us into some fish I am thinking panfish but if there has been a hot Laker bite I wouldn't mind trying my hand at that either!! We live about four hours apart and this lake is close to half way so neither one of have any local insight any help would be appreciated!! Thanks

Offline smeltbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Gull lake MI
« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 2019, 11:40 AM »
    1st up,  WELCOME to "The Shanty" ! Lots of snow here , right now. As for the ice, w/ all the snow, its hard to tell. If you have a lake map, the Bible conf. is a good place for Gills & Pike. The south bay has produced a few very nice Gills for me this year. The Laker bite is hit & miss & they can be found anywhere in the lake, & most guys are tight lipped about favorite spots for them. Tip-ups w/ minnows, will work on them.  South bay has limited parking & nowhere for a trailer. The Bible Conf. also has a couple of DESIGNATED parking areas for ice fishermen. If you park there, only park where it is permitted, otherwise you will get Towed away. (Trust me on this one ). Baseline rd. may be your best choice for parking, it is on the NE side of the lake & you have to walk about 2 blocks from where you park  The boat launch @ the North end is also a good parking spot ,but there is a fee . I think it is 5 bucks. Plenty of room for your rig & there is a bathroom there too.  Hope this helps.
"Yes officer, my chocolate lab did shoot me,with my brothers 12 gauge"!  11-8-87,true story!          "Sorry were late mom,Chris & me just got done with a cow hunt,we each got a big black Angus with our muzzleloaders"!  (the Christmas eve cow hunt w/ my son; 2004 !

Offline Fish Killa

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish on!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 01, 2019, 11:53 AM »
I fished Gull last Sunday and saw no machines on the ice. I found a consistent 4-5" around the north end. Laker bite has been off this year for everyone I have talked to for some reason. Gull is typically very quite for pike fishing but on most days you will get one flag. If i get two that's a bonus. Gull is a very clear lake, you can look in your hole and easily see 30' or more. Crappie are large but harder to locate. North end parking is $7 per vehical and more if you have a trailer. It's self serve. There is food and beverages available at the North and South end. Goof luck and have fun.
I'm not as good as I once was but I am good once as I ever was.

Offline Jszucs

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 01, 2019, 06:43 PM »
Thanks so much for you replies it was exactly what I was looking for!! I think we are going to try the Bible conf for some gills and set up a few tip ups.. looking forward to some time hanging out on the ice!!

Offline smeltbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2019, 10:28 PM »
snow machines on the lake tonight ,running the length of the lake. About 4" of ice off Baseline rd. & 10-12" of snow.
"Yes officer, my chocolate lab did shoot me,with my brothers 12 gauge"!  11-8-87,true story!          "Sorry were late mom,Chris & me just got done with a cow hunt,we each got a big black Angus with our muzzleloaders"!  (the Christmas eve cow hunt w/ my son; 2004 !

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.