The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Marcum pan-cam  (Read 984 times)

oldschoolben

Marcum pan-cam
« on: Jan 01, 2019, 07:33 AM »
I got a marcum pan cam 3 years ago, it creats its own wi fi ,and you can download a app to be able to use your phone to turn the camera , its a great idea  but it only worked for a few trips before the motor stopped working,. Has anyone else had this issue?

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Marcum pan-cam
« Reply #1 on: Jan 01, 2019, 07:38 AM »
Somewhat common issue.  From what I've heard they'll send you a motor for a decent price.  Be sure to have lots of slack and don't turn more than a full turn or so either way and you shouldn't burn out the new motor. I've never burnt mine up. Call soon because I think they are discontinuing them

oldschoolben

« Reply #2 on: Jan 01, 2019, 07:48 AM »
I will call ,thanks for the info.

Offline Cgasner1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 01, 2019, 10:48 PM »
Where do you want to leave the slack at between the side and where it clips on the bottom?

oldschoolben

« Reply #4 on: Mar 14, 2019, 07:18 PM »
Got my pan cam back, ,I paid for shipping Marcum covered the parts and labor,  they said the motor has been upgraded so it shouldn't have any more issues, 

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #5 on: Mar 14, 2019, 07:51 PM »
Might get a couple more trips in!

Offline Perch-Eye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Mar 14, 2019, 09:41 PM »
Mine's been replaced and it works some of the time. I put about a foot of slack and let the loop hang down the hole so it doesn't bind up but can only get a little more than 180 degrees of rotation before it starts clicking. I mainly just lift it and turn a little at a time because ,even with a new battery, it only lasts about 4 hours.

Ken...........

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.