Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1617013 times)

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #15330 on: Mar 27, 2019, 08:46 AM »
Frosty morning again. It is good for those making maple syrup as it makes for better sap gathering. Last year the high temps made for a bad year for making maple syrup. One year we cut down a white birch in the spring. The sap ran out of it for hours. Had I known that they make syrup from birch sap in AK I would have tapped it. My nephew sent me some birch syrup one year from AK. It tastes a lot like molasses. ::)

Capt Jim
All of the well wishes are the reason I have always said this is the best thread and greatest people on the internet. We all care about each other.

It was not carpel tunnel. They took the small bone out at the base of her thumb in her wrist. They replaced it with cartilage out of the bottom of her forearm. I had it done on my left arm by a different doctor. It took me a long time to get it to move right. That doctor messed up my fingers on that hand later on. I wish I had used the wife's doctor.

The delay in Ellie seeing an ortope had me wonder why as normally any break in a bone is taken care of in short time. Good to here that nothing else needs to be done. I will be the wife's driver for quite a while from her having this surgery. She has a knee replaced in June so that will make for a longer time being her driver and care giver.

Hopefully going off Glucophage will get the diagnosis of bladder cancer straightend out.  I only take metformin for my diabetes. Thankfully it is free at one pharmacy I use. As much as they say how bad it is I am not going on any thing else unless I am forced to.

H2l Does you wife have a catarct in her other eye? With one eye being done it might make for some problems with her sight being unballanced. They will probably take the lens out of her glasses on the side they remove the cataract from.

The wife heard from her sister last night. The brother in law had 4 stints put in yesterday. He is doing much better. His vitals have straightend out after surgery.

marv I see you posted while I was typing but posted so I did not loose what I had already typed. That gal at the eye office sounds like the one that was scheduling the wife's therapy appointments yesterday. It took quite awhile to get things straighened out at check out after the wifes appointment yesterday.

Hopefully the eye drops keep helping the wife's eye. I know some eye drops are not that pleasent.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15331 on: Mar 27, 2019, 05:46 PM »
Marv, kind of like "Who's on first"  Wonder what answer you would get if asking if you could come in Yesterday  :roflmao:

Home a little earlier today, pulled cover on boat just to check voltage to the trolling motor control board.  Yup as it should be 26.4 volts again tried the foot control....Yup works as it should.  The old I-pilot unit is installed, picked up the remote....and was shocked....it works. :woot: :whistle: :blink: :cookoo: Think next is to try installing the new one......maybe I should cross my fingers ?  :unsure: :unsure: if doing that at least I know I can return it. if it doesn't do what its supposed too.
Bud

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #15332 on: Mar 27, 2019, 09:25 PM »
T.T. - When Ellie called the Ortho., she could have gone in last Thursday, but, she never called me to come home from work, claims she needed time for her body to settle down
     after the ordeal, she WAS hurting badly for a few days, when we did get there, I surprised the Dr. with what I did, and my knowledge of the bone break and what actually
     happened with the break, at least no surgery, she would not have been happy with that

I also take Metformin, the urologist kept saying 'glucophage', I am guessing that any med. used to control Diabetes will play tricks on test results, will be going to the test
     lab in the morning to setup the appt. for next week for the test(s)

H2L - Glad to hear she is doing well

W.S. - The drops, while being a pita, are working which is good to hear, best wishes to the wife

Mrs. W.W. - Can we take the page & feed it to the paper shredder? ;D

O.S. - How is the 'mitt' doing?

45 - Tell the 'boss' she has to slow down a bit, if she gets sick, that benefits no one except the Dr.
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #15333 on: Mar 28, 2019, 01:33 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Clear and calm 29* this am, warming up to 54 here today. Still quite a bit of snow hanging on here in the Hill-towns, but with today’s weather and the weekend forecast, it won’t last much longer. I’m ready for another change of seasons again, the trout streams were looking really nice yesterday. 

Bud...that’s good news on the old unit working, might just as well roll the dice and hook up the new one to try if you’ve got time?   :thumbsup:
  Marv...glad the new drops seem to be working for Jo, hope they continue on that route.   :clap:  Did you start your walking again?
  H2... glad to read your wife is doing well, excellent!   :clap:
  Wally...hope you had a nice day at the hatchery and your recon mission was positive! Best of luck if today will be the maiden voyage on open water!   :thumbsup:  I promise I will spud my way out and back in today.... ;D

Early start with the hammer crew again this am, looking forward to the 12:30 quit. Going to see how the ice is holding up this afternoon. If it’s ok, will give it one last go before calling it quits for the season....if not, I’ll just say my goodbyes and get ready for the open water. 
   Cawfee’s on..
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15334 on: Mar 28, 2019, 06:03 AM »
29* clear and the sun is about to peak over the hill.
WW, hope the ride went well and you found someplace to get the boat onto the water. We wait for your reports.
TT, they were going to do only one eye at this time, but now that has been put on hold until the wife sees doctor in NYC. We have a regular appt on 4/23 and the Infectious Disease doctor can't see her until 4/30.

We took a ride to Clifton Park yesterday so that the wife could return a Christmas present that she wasn't able to do after Christmas. It was a nice day for a ride.

My nephew is working a double today so I will go up and help my brother boil sap for a while if they got enough yesterday. It didn't run very good, stayed cool most of the day.

Hope all is well with everyone and have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15335 on: Mar 28, 2019, 06:40 AM »
Good morning Eddie, h2l ! Good morning everyone :bow:

35 heading into the upper 40's today. All that is on the radio and TV this morning is the home opener for the Twins, although the first pitch isn't until 3:15.

Capt.Jim, only positive thoughts from this camp Sir :thumbsup:

WW hope the day finds you throwing out an anchor :clap:

Eddie you have to love the early quit time :thumbsup: I have been doing the walks since Monday, nothing to wild just getting back into it, starting at 1.5 miles. Kind of funny how fast you get out of the swing of things, no way I could go 6 miles yet like last year.

IW we are missing you :thumbsup:

Not a whole lot going on today. I am done with the morning workout and will do my walk this afternoon. I have a couple of things going on in the garage so I will hang out there. I dropped the Buick off for an oil change and headlight bulb last night. About 4 months ago I had a headlight bulb go out and I changed it. I decided right then after 2 hours of fiddling  that if I needed another I would let someone else do it. Between pushing and twisting my fingers in a screwy backwards angle, I had enough by the time I got it. Come to think of it that's the excuse I had for changing the oil filter, they didn't make that easy if you don't have a hoist either :%$#!:

Hope everyone has an excellent day no matter what's on the planner :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15336 on: Mar 28, 2019, 08:25 AM »
Good Morning ER's hope all are doing well. WS I think I've run into that with my daughters car. We got the light with her smaller hands and skipped on the filter behind the wheel. The FL-3 arrived from flea bay and is in mint condition looking forward to playing with it in deepest water I can find.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15337 on: Mar 28, 2019, 09:02 AM »
Morning all,

My internet is screwy this morning for some reason so this will be quick 😉. Lots of fish in the hatchery yesterday, boat launches are ready for action ;) looks like tomorrow will be THE day  @)
Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

PS
Eddie.....glad to hear spud spud spud from you

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15338 on: Mar 28, 2019, 09:27 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Going to be a quick one this morning. In a lot of pain today. Lost internet yesterday. Fortunately have internet on the phone. Bad news tv is thru the internet and not sure when we will have the money to get it back. My wife is very tired today after working a double yesterday. I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15339 on: Mar 28, 2019, 02:35 PM »
A couple pics from the hatchery

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15340 on: Mar 28, 2019, 02:58 PM »
Excellent pictures WW. Thanks for sharing :clap: :clap:

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15341 on: Mar 28, 2019, 03:37 PM »
Hope to have pics of some browns in the boat tomorrow to share  ;)2  :flex:  :thumbsup:

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15342 on: Mar 28, 2019, 06:38 PM »
I better post tonight as our Internet TV and Phone will get shut off tomorrow. Our provider, Charter Communication, takes their own sweet time posting payments. They should have gotten the payment today. The wife talked to two different technicians the other day that said the payment was not due until the 31st. Now they are saying it is tomorrow. It is hard to tell when you do not get a bill. Looking for some thing else as the bill has gone from $125 to over $200. I am tempted to call the Fox problem solvers to get after them.

ww If it is like it is over here you better wear you icefishing clothes on the boat tomorrow. It was 60*  in Grand Rapids and 40* over on the Lake Michigan shore line. When I worked on the lake shore in the spring I would look stupid when I got to town wearing my heavy insulated coveralls and every one was in their shorts.

I need to get over on the Muskegon River when they are taking eggs and milt out of the walleye in a couple of weeks. They do it on the river bank.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15343 on: Mar 28, 2019, 07:32 PM »
Hit the ditch early from work, so I could take Mrs. to clinic to get the rash/swelling she had developed, checked out, got a batch of antibiotics to take over the next 7 days  After that switched the I-Pilot again, and now if I could I would put of a Snoopy Happy Dance picture. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap: :clap:

Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15344 on: Mar 28, 2019, 08:41 PM »
TT....ice fishing clothes are ready in the boat  ;) easier to loose layers than freeze because you don’t have enough layers 😞 good luck with the cable company,  we have Charter Communications (spectrum) too  so I understand :-\
IFF.....great news on the I pilot 😁 hope MrsIFF feels better soon  ;)

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #15345 on: Mar 29, 2019, 02:26 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Calm and 40* this am, high of 51 here today with some rain moving in soon. The coyotes are howling up a storm of their own this morning, driving the local dogs nuts as well as my own, lol.

Wally....thanks for sharing the pictures from the hatchery, great shots! Best of luck to you and Mr.WW with today’s trip, hope those big Browns are aggressively feeding today. Enjoy and have a safe trip!!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Bud... hope the meds clear up the problems for your wife, great news on the I-Pilot working!   :thumbsup:
  Tom...best of luck with the cable service, we’ve had our share of problems with them also. Seems we keep losing stations yet the bills keep getting higher... :%$#!:
  I-45.... hope all your troubles are soon a thing of the past....hang in there!   :thumbsup:
  OG...that was a great find on the Fl-3, keep us posted on how it works out for you!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...good idea starting off easy on the walks and gradually building up. Those headlights can be a real PITA, I usually leave some skin behind and my vocabulary could hurt some ears on occasion, lol. Hope everything is ready to go for you today.   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...looking forward to your return, hope all is well Sir!   :thumbsup:

Stopped by the lake yesterday and didn’t care for the ice. I’m certain I could have fished, but I just didn’t like the ice conditions, soft,rotting and grainy. Had a good season, no complaints and there really hasn’t been a good bite to speak of there anyway this year....certainly nothing worth the risk of taking a plunge. Said my goodbyes and will wait until the open water to get back with the Jonboat.
  Trout season opens here April 1st, will be fun to get streamside casting and drifting through the holes again, I’m ready for Spring now.   :thumbsup:
  Last shift for the week coming up....Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15346 on: Mar 29, 2019, 04:12 AM »
Morning all,

Heading out in a couple minutes, just wanted to say hi  ;)2

Eddie.....sorry you couldn't get out yesterday  :(   good decision on the pass tho  :thumbsup: 

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15347 on: Mar 29, 2019, 04:38 AM »

Good morning Eddie, Wally, ER's,
                        It's 38* and calm here on my hill. showers are in the forecast. ::)
                        I appreciate the reference of being MIA. I had a very tiring and emotional weekend at the memorial service for my brother. Then on
               Wednesday I had a PT  appointment in the afternoon, which went very well, my therapist was delighted with my progress. Then.......when
               I got home, getting out of my truck, my feet went flying out on the half melted ice in my driveway. Yup you guessed it, I  retore my rotator cuff. :%$#!:
               I  spent all day at the emergency room at the VA hospital yesterday. The surgeon was in the OR all day, they will brief him on what going on and he
               will check out the new MRI  done yesterday. I'll be waiting for a call from the orthopedic dept. to see when he will see me. ???
                        Wally ..........nice pictures of the hatchery, what they don't give out samples. :roflmao: Good luck out on the water today.
                        Eddie...........MW and my friend Jon are still fishing LG if you want to go. ???
                        Bud.............I'm glad to read that you got the I-Pilot working. :clap:
                        Marv............I  hope all is well with your back, keep up with your exercises. :thumbsup:
                        Nothing going on just sitting around, my wife heads to her sons for her weekend visit with her granddaughter.     
                        I hope everyone has a good Friday either out on ice or open water.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15348 on: Mar 29, 2019, 04:59 AM »
IW....I am so sorry to hear about your slip   :'( hope the doc can get you fixed up again  :-\

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15349 on: Mar 29, 2019, 05:33 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Supposed to be a cloudy day today in the 50s. The wife just left for work. She helped me fill out more paperwork from social security and is faxing it today. I’m very lucky to have her.

Ice Wanderer, Prayers to you for a speedy recovery and hopefully you don’t have to wait to long to hear from the orthopedic doctor.

WallyWorld, Thank you for sharing those pictures of the hatchery. Hope you guys have a good day catching them.

IFF, Hope your wife’s rash gets better. Congratulations on your motor working.

MasonEddie, Probably a good decision to not go on the ice yesterday.

This morning is like how I grew up with the radio on in the morning listening to WBZ. No tv. I think you get more news on the radio. I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one. Weekend is around the corner.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15350 on: Mar 29, 2019, 06:21 AM »
Every thing is still on this morning. Maybe they took me at my word about getting the local Fox news problem solvers involved. The guy that does most of it found out that Michigan Unemployment system was charging a lot of people with fraud. Their new computer system was screwed up. They were taking peoples pay checks, tax refunds and on and on. He was able to get that fixed and peoples money back.

If-45 I used to listen to WBZ at night on am radio years ago. Larry Glick had Cleveland Amory the founder of The Fund for Animals on one night. He kept asking him what his shoes were made of. Amory would not answer so Larry finally said that the look like leather to me listeners. I got a good laugh ut of that.

IW That is not what any of us wanted to here. After doing every thing right now this had to happen.

Fixing any thing on a vehicle has become a pain, mentally as well as physically.

Better try and post this as the TV just got shut off.

That went through. Weird If I try to open my home page it will not open. I will continue my post on here and see if it will go through.

The wife just tried to get on the net and could not. I can not got on either on my home page but still, on IS so I will try and finish posting GRRRRRRRRRRR

IFF That had to be a relief that the motor is working FINNALY. Hopefully the meds help your wife.

Eddie Our small stream trout fishing does not start until the last Saturday in April. All of our regulations, both hunting and fishing are so confusing with ifs ands and buts you need to be a Philadelphia lawyer to try and figure them out.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15351 on: Mar 29, 2019, 06:43 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

28 stretching into the mid 40' s later on, a little cooler for the next couple of days.

IW........Damn  :%$#!: Hang in there buddy, that had to be very depressing.

WW hope to see some pictures later today :thumbsup: I hope the day is a good one.

Eddie, good idea on calling it a season if the ice is sketchy. Looking forward in hearing how the trout fishing goes :thumbsup:

This morning I am heading over to the "Drinking Ladies House". It sounds like they have 3 trees that need some work. The climber from my old job just called yesterday wondering if I had anything to do? I told him I may be able to use his help.

Hope everyone has an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15352 on: Mar 29, 2019, 06:49 AM »
35 and cloudy.
IW, good to have you back. The healing from the loss of your brother will take time. Sorry to hear of your fall and set back.
WW, hope the fishing Gods are good to you today and thanks for the pictures.
Icefisher, hang in there. We are all pulling for you.
The wife keeps saying, "wish we could get cable" everytime I have to go out and clean snow off the Dish, or a heavy rain knocks it out for a while. When you live out in the sticks, you give up things like cable, cell service, etc. At least we have electic or I would be posting every morning with smoke signals.
Eddie, sounds like you made the right choice by not going fishing. I am sure the smaller ponds and lakes down your way will be ice free any day, if not already.
It's Friday so the nurse comes today to change the bandage on wife's PICC line and to draw blood. Other than that not a lot planned.
Have a good one....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15353 on: Mar 29, 2019, 08:28 AM »
Ouch Jeff, just when things getting better, another setback  :nono: 

Looks like I will put off taking the boat out, weather not to my liking, with the snow for Saturday.  Hope the new one is worth it.  Right Tom, relief....finally.

See it rained some, deck is all wet.  And another cool down is on the way.

The mention of drawing blood reminds me to check on what Mrs. last test results is.  While at the after hours checkup she was getting.  They wanted to do an EKG, I ask don't you have to have a heart to do that ?  Yup I got scowled at.  ::)

Hope all have a good weekend with what ever is on your plates.
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #15354 on: Mar 29, 2019, 11:56 AM »
Good day everyone rain earlier sky looks like I may see more before the end of day.
IFF how did things go at the RV show. Good to read you get the new I-Pilot installed and working. May the wife's rash clear up quickly.
Eddie first I had heard of maple syrup producers using whiskey barrels to infuse the whiskey's taste in the syrup. Guess a way to find additional product sales. Sorry your local ice fishing season is over ,trout season opens Monday may you get out for some early season action.
Wallyworld hope you are having good weather and fishing today. Thank you for the hatchery photos.
Hunts2long glad your wife is doing well may she get the clearance fro the NYC doctors to have the cataract surgery. Also weather conditions be good for maple sap flow so your nephew and brother can make some syrup.
Whopper Stopper may you find the "Shack" in good condition on your next visit and have easy access to the property. Happy for your wife the eye drops have produced no side effects. IF you take job from "Drinking Lady" get help do not need a set back when your PT has your back feeling better then it has for quite some time.
Tom Turkey may your wife have no further problems with the healing of hand. Also may your BIL's health continue to improve over time. Hope you get TV,internet,phone service back soon I went through same thing when my mom missed a payment .
Capt.Jim great to read your with will not need surgery on her arm may it heal properly. May the test results be a false positive you and the family have dealt with enough the past few months.
Icefisher-45 may you qualify for and get some benefits soon so you and the family can enjoy TV and internet back plus help overall finances.
Old Goat may the FL3 help you have a good catch of fish first time you put it to use on a fishing trip.
Ice Wanderer glad you had a safe trip back from Florida. Sorry to read about your fall and re-injury to rotator cuff hope the MRI shows minimal damage.

have a safe and good day best to all fishing this weekend.
Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15355 on: Mar 29, 2019, 06:49 PM »
Steve, we were loading a lot of products in camping trailers to take to the show for next week.  I will be at that Friday and Saturday

Now its afternoon showers, turning to snow, guessers say 2 to 10 inches possible. Its starting to turn fast as I type.

Marv, things a little slow at your former tree Job ??

Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15356 on: Mar 29, 2019, 07:01 PM »
Marv, things a little slow at your former tree Job ??

Yeah you could say that. A few workers have quit and a couple of the new hires got fired after punching holes in a couple of roofs ??? The boss told one of the guys he doesn't know what has happened because it never used to ;D

WS

Online OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #15357 on: Mar 29, 2019, 08:44 PM »
Capt Jim I've been cut loose by my orthopedic doctor and am on my own. My hand still has numbness from the nerves that were severed and I have stiffness yet also. That gets better bit by bit. I've said it before, but I was lucky it wasn't worse!! Thanks for asking!!  ;)
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15358 on: Mar 30, 2019, 03:32 AM »
Up checking on the snow, still a little falling, see there had been a visitor on the deck, believe the tracks are from a raccoon. Seems more like fall weather instead of Spring. Real warm up is a way off yet, but that could be a good thing, as our snow pack is above 150%

How's that go Marv, good employee's can be hard to find  ???

Colorado Rockies are off to a good start.  :clap: Should be an interesting year for baseball.
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #15359 on: Mar 30, 2019, 04:15 AM »

Good morning Bud, ER's,
                          It's 35* and cloudy here on my hill, showers are in the forecast. ::)
                          Bud........I thought winter was over out there, I guess it's just spring snow! :woot:
                          Marv.......It just goes to show how good you were to your job, you set the bar on tree removal. Your boss should have offered
                 you a supervisor job to keep things in line. :flex:
                         H2L.........How is your wife doing, is she doing more of her usual things. ???
                         Tom.........I hope your wife's hand keeps mending. :flex:
                         I-45.........I hope you get the Social Security benefits that you are seeking.  :thumbsup:
                         Wally........How did you make out on the water. ???
                         Yesterday I got a call from the orthopedic dept. and the nurse told me that the surgeon read my MRI and they have set me up for
                 surgery for Thursday pending my consult with him on Wednesday. The nurse said that there was the option of a shoulder replacement that
                 we have to discuss. I looked it up on the internet and it said if the ball and socket are loose that the rotator cuff cant do it's job properly. So
                 take it from that that my shoulder joint is damaged. I will find out on Wednesday. if a shoulder replacement is the option I go, I won't get
                 surgery on Thursday. I have to wait, no time frame was given for that, I will find out Wednesday!
                         I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out sporting!

IW

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.