The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: F.O.E.A.O. Eskimo Auger owners Unite !  (Read 363697 times)

surflizard

Re: F.O.E.A.O. Eskimo Auger owners Unite !
« Reply #120 on: Dec 14, 2010, 04:21 AM »
Way to go Blue devil, Welcome !

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
« Reply #121 on: Dec 14, 2010, 05:06 AM »
Right on " BlueDevil "
Congrats.  Your gonna love it.

I used mine for the first time last Saturday. I broke her in on Friday night, with the advice from Surf and Rebelss.
( it is my first power Auger and I'll never look back again.

The only ADVICE I can give you at this time ( and it worked for me.. LOL ...)
  Your auger will have a affective break in time if it gets a GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP the night before it starts a wonderful life of shaving holes for ever! It will work its heart for you from this point on.

The flashers look pretty nice. I have never used a flasher or seen one work. Do they work as good as they say?

Take care and be safe.

AltaIce
    8)
  " I Don't Fail …  I Succeed In Finding What Does Not Work "

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
« Reply #122 on: Dec 14, 2010, 05:12 AM »
Hey " Surf" !!

Good to see Ya Sir. Hope all is well? Are you rained out still.
I have not heard or seen any movement from Rebelss or Rowdy. I hope they are doing ok through there Winter storm?

When you talk to them , wish them well.

8)

surflizard

« Reply #123 on: Dec 14, 2010, 05:27 AM »
Hey Alta, ya we lost all the ice we had in the bottom half of the state, but the ice up north was spared, Thank God ! I stayed in touch with Reb all weekend, he made out okay, but I'll let him explain the " Me Tarzan, You Snowblower ! " scenario ! ;D  We're headed to a Brookie/Brown Trout Haunt this coming weekend for 3 days, YEHAA, I can't wait ! I went there this spring and managed to bring home dinner !
Hopefully, we can get on em again this weekend !  :tipup:  :icefish:

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #124 on: Dec 14, 2010, 10:02 AM »
*POP*! That's me poking my nose up like a ferret through all this snow!!!! 16", and I know RowdyRay got at least 20" plus. Took 2 of us and 2 snowblowers 2 hours to get through our driveways...was up to my hips from drifting...then the plows came by.. :%$#!: Don't know when we'll get out now...we were just getting ice..now it's all insulated and going to turn to mush under all this snow.  :'( Hey, way to go, Devil!!! Welcome!!! You're gonna love it!! Break it in nicely, now!!! Surfy, good luck this weekend up at Oola Boola Trout Hole. You might want to trade in your "Sunbonnet Baby" hat for something warmer, though. :roflmao: Surprised you didn't give these bro's your favorite "Rainbow Wonder" sammich recipe..So I will! Take a loaf of french bread, split in half, toss one half to the dog. Lay a large trout  down, smear with tartar sauce and dill, place bread half on top, then put another trout on top of this. Holding firmly together, BITE!!!! :woot: Wash down with Old Squaw Longnecks.   :clap: OOPS! Sorry to get off topic... ;D
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

surflizard

« Reply #125 on: Dec 14, 2010, 05:27 PM »
Okay Reb, I can tell that you want a sunbonnet baby hat too, Ill send you one right out Pronto ! :roflmao: Some times I wonder about you Buddy, You are the first person that I know that would DESICRATE a Rainbow wonder sammich with  dill !! Dill is for pickles Reb, not trout sammiches !  :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline fordkisskrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #126 on: Dec 14, 2010, 05:47 PM »
Ok, I want in on this! Here is my mo barracuda auger I picked up at a pawn shop for $100.00, 8" and 10" augers. Seems to run good, just waiting for some ice, Been in the 50's for last two weeks. Anyone know why they discontinued this model?

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
« Reply #127 on: Dec 14, 2010, 05:59 PM »
Hi " fordkisskrazy
I am no way a expert by any means . but it looks like to me you got one heck of a deal for $100.00 and with the two
sizes of blades.

Good buy. It is a very nice looking set up.

8)

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
« Reply #128 on: Dec 14, 2010, 06:02 PM »
Hey Surf

Sorry to hear about the Ice in your area. Glad to hear and see that Reb and Mr. Rowdy are doing a little better.

Glad to hear Reb has a snow blower.

8)

surflizard

« Reply #129 on: Dec 14, 2010, 06:21 PM »
Welcome FKK, that is an Awesome score man, way to go !  :thumbsup:

Hey Alta, you aughta hear Reb talk about that Snowblower, I think he really, I mean REALLY likes that Machine !  :roflmao: No worries, I got the ice report for this weekends mission tonight, We're good to go !! YEHAAA !! FLAAAAAGGGGGGG !!

Offline RowdyRay

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #130 on: Dec 14, 2010, 06:21 PM »
I survived. My back doesn't think so. Got a snowblower too, but with this much it's still a lot of work. The path back to the shed looks like I live in the Yukon. And we're just getting started. Geez!

Hey Reb, drove past White Bear Monday morning. Steam coming off of it in quite a few places. Not a good sign. Really wanted to go somewhere this weekend. Not so sure now. May have to go further north.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #131 on: Dec 14, 2010, 06:27 PM »
fordkisskrazy..Welcome!!! :) $100.00?! With 2 augers? And it's a 'cuda?! Boy, you got a heck of a deal!!!!! They made 2 "basic" 'cuda models, one a  2hp, and the other a 3 hp, both Tecumseh engines. Workhorses!!!!!! I think they were replaced by the Shark.
Can't tell for sure which yours is, but it looks like the 2 hp to me........I can't get over the deal you got in that!!!!! Pop a new plug in 'er, clean that carb good, lube the linkage, and some fresh non-oxy gas with a little Seafoam, and you'll be tearin' up that ice!!!! Hey Surfy, when ya saw those pics, I bet ya  spilled that whole bag of pork rinds all over your fuzzy bun-bun slippers!!!! :roflmao: :roflmao: And yes, I love my blower!!! :whistle:

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #132 on: Dec 14, 2010, 06:31 PM »
Ray...I think we all got screwed by the snow...steam coming offa there is NOT a good sign......north country expedition?!! ???

Offline fordkisskrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #133 on: Dec 14, 2010, 07:47 PM »
Hey all thanks for the welcome! Great site here, but you guys gotta stop with the pork rinds. I had to go buy a bag after posting. Rebless, she a two hp. its the 49cc motor. When you say lube the linkage to you mean grease the gear box? And as far as cleaning the carb I'm looking for  carb kit now, She runs good but seems like she needs something. A little more oomph! know what I mean? I did put a new plug in and cleaned the air filter, so carb is next.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #134 on: Dec 14, 2010, 07:55 PM »
Hey all thanks for the welcome! Great site here, but you guys gotta stop with the pork rinds. I had to go buy a bag after posting. Rebless, she a two hp. its the 49cc motor. When you say lube the linkage to you mean grease the gear box? And as far as cleaning the carb I'm looking for  carb kit now, She runs good but seems like she needs something. A little more oomph! know what I mean? I did put a new plug in and cleaned the air filter, so carb is next.

New lube in the ol' box wouldn't hurt....not sure of your carb on that one, but WD-40 on any moving part, ie; choke plate, governor, etc. I'm sure your needle/seat is gummed up...a carb kit should put her to rights!!! just for info, Ardisam does have the exploded parts diagram on their homepage...go to "Ardisam", click on Eskimo, then on discontinued/older model. I think there are the various models of the 'cudas on there, both 2 and 3 hp. Keep us informed!!!  :) PS...unless you do a drill & tap, you will have to crack the gearcase for the new lube and gasket.

Offline RowdyRay

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #135 on: Dec 14, 2010, 08:19 PM »
Welcome FKK. That's a great deal. Especially with the 2 augers. Nice.

Love the pawnshops. If you can find one that will deal with ya.

Offline BlueDevil

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #136 on: Dec 14, 2010, 10:03 PM »
Right on " BlueDevil "
Congrats.  Your gonna love it.

I used mine for the first time last Saturday. I broke her in on Friday night, with the advice from Surf and Rebelss.
( it is my first power Auger and I'll never look back again.

The only ADVICE I can give you at this time ( and it worked for me.. LOL ...)
  Your auger will have a affective break in time if it gets a GOOD NIGHTS SLEEP the night before it starts a wonderful life of shaving holes for ever! It will work its heart for you from this point on.
(Image removed from quote.)
The flashers look pretty nice. I have never used a flasher or seen one work. Do they work as good as they say?

Take care and be safe.

AltaIce
    8)

Hey AltaIce!

Calgary huh?  I'm in Saskatoon, we're getting pelted with freezing rain right now.  I think it's worse towards the southern part of the province.  I'm soo stoked to trying Z71 out this weekend, I'm just going to go for a 20 min drive to a common lake near ToonTown and pop a few holes.  As far as flashers go they are just a tool and you still have to catch the fish!!!!!  That being said, I don't know how I could have gone this long without sonar they definitely give you a peek at what's down there.  Best of luck this season, looking forward to seeing some photos!!!!

P.S.  I bought an extension and Eskimo bag for my auger online last night, LOL!!!!!
//.\\//.\\ark

Offline ice_hunter

• IceShanty Rookie
  • PROUD MEMBER OF THE F.O.E.O.A.
« Reply #137 on: Dec 14, 2010, 10:58 PM »
count me in with this bunch of ne'er do wells!        proud owner of a MO mako for 5 years now, been the most reliable auger ive ever owned next to a manual one.  still on the original spark plug it came with, only maintainence ive had to do is hit the carb with some carb/choke cleaner last winter.........runs like a champ as long as i keep gas in it.

only real problem i have had with it is the plastic gas tank........the filler neck was broke when i bought it (used) and i cant seem to locate a replacement for it yet..............did finally succeed in "welding" it back together this summer, hope once it makes the first voyage this winter it stays "welded".

Offline BlueDevil

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #138 on: Dec 14, 2010, 11:36 PM »
I think you can get replacement gas tanks from their website http://www.geteskimo.com/foundations/store_getEskimo/scresults.asp?start=20
//.\\//.\\ark

surflizard

« Reply #139 on: Dec 15, 2010, 04:35 AM »
Welcome Ice hunter, the more, the merrier ! ;D It is quite the unique cast of Characters that we have here !!  :thumbsup: :roflmao: For anyone looking for parts or info, even the older obsolete Mo's like mine, the People at Ardisam, the Eskimo parent company are second to none ! They couldn't find a manual for my 8600 Shark, but they were able to find a exploded view diagram for me and still have parts for the older Mo's ! they have the adaptor for my old Mo, so I can run the 2010 10" Quantum bit on my old girl ! Eskimo's Rule !  :thumbsup:

Offline parker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #140 on: Dec 15, 2010, 04:49 AM »
just bought z-51 10'' this summer got to use it last weekend-- was simply amazed what a good product
had a piece of crap strikemaster would never stay running--
my buddy had an eskimo that was older than dirt and ran everytime
what a good company
is there anything better than a day on the ice?

surflizard

« Reply #141 on: Dec 15, 2010, 05:04 AM »
Welcome to the funny farm Parker, Oops, I ment forum !  ;D  We are trying to get action shots of guys with their Mo's on the ice, so feel free to post photos. I'm still waiting to see if anyone can top Alta Ice, but I seriously doubt it !  :roflmao:

Offline pikeking

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #142 on: Dec 15, 2010, 05:08 AM »
I have 2!!!

Eskimo Barracuda plus 10" 3hp,

Eskimo Shark 6" with Italian motor...
If fishing was work I'd never be sick!

surflizard

« Reply #143 on: Dec 15, 2010, 05:26 AM »
Hey PK, hows it going ? Got any photos of that Sophia Loren Mo ?  ;D

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #144 on: Dec 15, 2010, 08:57 AM »
Welcome, parker, pikeking, and ice_hunter!!!!! Wow!!!! We've got quite the group of 'Mo enthusiasts anywhere!!! Happy, happy, owners!!!
And to think last year every time I said " Mo", people were looking for Larry and Curly!! ;D Thinks me, we got us a catch phrase! You get 'mo with your "Mo!!!! :roflmao:  Kinda like when you say "Pork Rinds", you think of Surfy...   :clap:  :woot: When I talk to the people at Ardisam (who are right across the border from me)...I'm gonna have to mention our group.  And like Surfy said, lets see those pics!!! I wanna see pikekings Ferrari engine! (Surf,by the way..Sophia's been rooming with ME for the winter..ciao!)  :whistle:

surflizard

« Reply #145 on: Dec 15, 2010, 04:51 PM »
Wow, I sure wish I could DREAM that Vividly Reb, thats truly a gift you have right there buddy !   :roflmao:

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
« Reply #146 on: Dec 15, 2010, 04:59 PM »
Hey Alta,  We're headed to a Brookie/Brown Trout Haunt this coming weekend for 3 days, YEHAA, I can't wait ! I went there this spring and managed to bring home dinner !
Hopefully, we can get on em again this weekend !  :tipup:  :icefish:
Hey Surf

Just wanted to say those are some great looking fish and wish Ya good luck and a great time this weekend.
You and miss's be safe and take some pictures .
    8)

Offline fordkisskrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #147 on: Dec 16, 2010, 10:55 AM »
Hey all got a question, on my barracuda I just did a carb kit and a new plug. My question is what do you guys think of using opti 2 oil at its mixing ratio in this old of auger? I had a mako and after break in I ran opti in it, really liked it but just not sure on the old girl. She's only running at 60 lbs compression, not sure if thats good or not. What do you all think?

surflizard

« Reply #148 on: Dec 16, 2010, 04:38 PM »
I've run the Opti 2 and really liked it, with that said, I'd run her with the viper 50 to 1 oil mix and she should be fine ! She might not like the 100 to 1 ratio mix with compression like that. Good luck and keep us updated on her would ya ? Whats her name ?  ;D

Offline fordkisskrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #149 on: Dec 16, 2010, 06:31 PM »
Surflizard, this is a Tecumseh motor, runs 24:1. That's why I was worried about running the opti 2, and the compression. I'm not sure what these little motors should have for compression. have found specs but they all range from 40 lbs to 100 lbs so not sure if the motor is toast or not.  Oh and as far as her name, not sure yet, gotta see how good she is and if she is tempermental or not! Might have a few choice names for her then. Lol. Thanks for your help.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.