Author Topic: Ion powerhead compatibility with hand auger bit  (Read 1759 times)

Offline holehopper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Me and Dave Genz
Ion powerhead compatibility with hand auger bit
« on: Mar 12, 2018, 09:52 AM »
Anyone experimented with using a hand auger bit with their Ion powerhead?  Just wondering if any certain brands are compatible?  I do have the Clam extension that I used with the Clam drill plate.  I think that extension fits the Ion powerhead and could then use that for the auger bit?  I can give it a try but thought I'd ask the question to see if anyone else has tried it.  Thanks!
Never Stop Never Stopping

Offline Figure ate

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Ion powerhead compatibility with hand auger bit
« Reply #1 on: Mar 12, 2018, 09:59 AM »
A lodge owner I talked to in December said he has 4 ions and junked the auger portion in favor of lazer. I didn't ask if he needed an adapter or not.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Mar 12, 2018, 10:15 AM »
Anyone experimented with using a hand auger bit with their Ion powerhead?  Just wondering if any certain brands are compatible?  I do have the Clam extension that I used with the Clam drill plate.  I think that extension fits the Ion powerhead and could then use that for the auger bit?  I can give it a try but thought I'd ask the question to see if anyone else has tried it.  Thanks!
If the Clam Extension works with the power head then just about any Hand auger will work. My Extension for the Nero works fine with the Eskimo hand augers also. Don't think the Nils will work without a different adapter.
<===Lefty===

Offline bigstorm

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 12, 2018, 12:33 PM »
I have the ION X and the extension that comes with it allows me to use my 6in Laser hand auger on it

Offline ejdelvo28

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 14, 2018, 10:31 AM »
The lazer bit should be able to attach directly to the ion extension.  With that, there is no need for the Clam extension, so the conversion should be quite simple.  This is assuming Ion has not changed the design of the attachment point on the extension since the first generation.

Offline holehopper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Me and Dave Genz
« Reply #5 on: Mar 16, 2018, 08:13 PM »
Thanks all!
Never Stop Never Stopping

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.