Author Topic: Looking for auger powerhead cover reviews  (Read 1196 times)

Offline mc1984ss

• IceShanty Rookie
Looking for auger powerhead cover reviews
« on: Mar 09, 2018, 09:33 AM »
I just purchased a Eskimo rocket gas auger that I love! I would like to get a powerhead cover for it. I was going to get either the Eskimo cover or the trophy angler cover available from Reeds. Has anyone had experience with either of these good or bad?  Thanks in advance!

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Looking for auger powerhead cover reviews
« Reply #1 on: Mar 09, 2018, 09:48 AM »
I have the StrikeMaster  auger head cover ...very nice all around . I also have the Trophy Angle electronics bag ...material is nice ..the zippers are something to be desired ...but are holding up after several seasons of use.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #2 on: Mar 09, 2018, 09:56 AM »
ive been happy with the glens elite outdoors auger cover from glens army/navy store.it a complete auger bag tho not just a powerhead cover keeps my auger looking brand new.on sale now for $22.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Mar 09, 2018, 10:36 AM »
I also had the Trophy Angler power head bag. Worked well. Sold the Gas auger and the cover.
<===Lefty===

Offline Whytie

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Mar 09, 2018, 04:29 PM »
Had my eskimo auger cover for 7 years now on my Z71 auger. It's rubberized inside, closing it tight it keeps the gas smell at bay and the dust out during travel or summer storage. Only problem is the pocket, it doesn't hold anything. I've had my spark plugs and spark plug wrenches fall out constantly.  I don't store anything in it anymore.

Offline guy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Mar 09, 2018, 08:14 PM »
I also had the cabelas auger bag. Very heavy duty and has a small bag inside that I kept spare spark plug and wrench in. Sold it and eskimo gas auger this season. Got 40 volt strikemaster - will never go back to gas again.

Offline Skywagon

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Mar 10, 2018, 06:02 AM »
I  carry my auger on the snowmobile all the time, the Strikemaster power head cover did not last long (zippers, snow and cold weather are not a good combination).  I had a local upholstery company make up a soft canvas-like bag with a draw string to put around the power head, it works good and no worries with zippers anymore, it is over 5  years old and is used constantly.  The cost to have the bag made was no more than that of a factory cover.

Offline IceholeHEN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Mar 10, 2018, 07:29 PM »
Had my eskimo auger cover for 7 years now on my Z71 auger. It's rubberized inside, closing it tight it keeps the gas smell at bay and the dust out during travel or summer storage. Only problem is the pocket, it doesn't hold anything. I've had my spark plugs and spark plug wrenches fall out constantly.  I don't store anything in it anymore.

I've had mine for a few years now. No problems, however, I also don't carry nothing in the front pocket.
To catch them all…you gotta catch them small

Offline dunnhuntin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Mar 10, 2018, 11:14 PM »
I use a reusable shopping bag. Put it over the powerhead and tie the bag handles together. Durable material, never comes off and keeps the snow/ice off. ~$2 vs $30-50 here (Ontario) for a brand name auger cover. It may not look as pretty but it has got the job done for me.

Offline IceholeHEN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Mar 14, 2018, 08:57 AM »
I use a reusable shopping bag. Put it over the powerhead and tie the bag handles together. Durable material, never comes off and keeps the snow/ice off. ~$2 vs $30-50 here (Ontario) for a brand name auger cover. It may not look as pretty but it has got the job done for me.

Great Idea.
To catch them all…you gotta catch them small

Offline Vandal78

• Team IceShanty Regular

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.