Author Topic: a question to all the pro's out there?????????  (Read 3567 times)

Offline azzlevt

• IceShanty Rookie
a question to all the pro's out there?????????
« on: Mar 06, 2007, 12:15 PM »
fairly new ice fisherman, i've done great in the deep water. but now there gone. somone mentiond there transisting from the deep's to the shallow's...(yellow perch that is ) and pretty soon they'll be in to spawn. so i tried the shallow's.... i did ok. enoough for a snack we'll say. but is it true? that they'll be in soon? what's soon mean? thanks everyone for the info so far!

Offline irishjigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • My Favorite Fishin Partner!
Re: a question to all the pro's out there?????????
« Reply #1 on: Mar 06, 2007, 12:31 PM »
They go to the shallow water to spawn , and yes they are transitioning from deeper waters now . I do not know what you consider deep water , but I have never really had any luck with perch deeper than 50' at the most ? This past weekend they were in the 30' range on the bottom , I can tell you that , but it can varie from lake to lake and regions also .  :tipup:
I spent all my money on fishin,huntin,and beer  , everything else was just a waste!
TEAM MIRC NYRC Official Mic Of Mirc

Offline Basskicker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 06, 2007, 03:03 PM »
I live in central New Jersey and I'm catching perch in 4 feet of water....with a lot of weeds.Fish seem to be moving to the northwest side of the lake in the last few weeks.

Offline Bluefinforme

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 06, 2007, 03:30 PM »
the pike are moving in!!!!!!  soon means now!!

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 06, 2007, 03:36 PM »
Azzlevt,
You will not locate an easy button for this one. Trial and error, talking to other fisherman on your local lakes and reading local fishing reports will help. Your local DNR or fisheries management division may be of great help too.
The questions you ask can vary by weeks or months dependent upon location. You may be able to scan the IS Forums for specifics to your State/area.
You have already noticed as posted prior, that as of last weekend, the Perch were spread from 4' to 30 FOW in different locals. Good Luck locating those Perch!

Get a Vex, and begin your own research. You may discover your own honey holes for this time of the year, tha no one else knows about! ;)

Offline vermonner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take me to your icefishing leader
« Reply #5 on: Mar 06, 2007, 04:00 PM »
azzlevt
c'mon over to keeler bay this w/e if you want to fish the shallows.  have had mixed luck (big afternoon being 84 perch in 3hrs) in about 11' of water.  I expect (but could be wrong) they'll be in shallow from here on in til iceout

The employment of effort, hard work, time, and energy put in locating fish will offend noone.

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 06, 2007, 04:01 PM »
Vermonner, your a good man and gent! Thats what it is all about!

Kudos to you! :)

Offline vermonner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take me to your icefishing leader
« Reply #7 on: Mar 06, 2007, 04:06 PM »
Vermonner, your a good man and gent! Thats what it is all about!

It's good to hear this, lately I thought it's been all about harranguing people about catch and release and not peeing on the ice

The employment of effort, hard work, time, and energy put in locating fish will offend noone.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.