Author Topic: Gardner?  (Read 742 times)

Offline dmhawks93

• IceShanty Rookie
Gardner?
« on: Jan 12, 2011, 11:34 AM »
Thinking about heading out to gardner on sunday,  anyone have any luck there lately?
i fish because i can

Offline macattack678

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Gardner?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2011, 11:51 AM »
I was out there last Sunday.  Cold, brutal wind.  Nothing to show for it.  Didn't see anyone that did very well.

Offline bugchazer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2011, 12:46 PM »
was out mon. nite with my bother. We got a keeper and a short wally about 7 to 8 pm and a few flags. He spent the nite and got 3 more wallys and a huge catfish , barely fit thru an 8 inch hole

Offline dmhawks93

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2011, 02:48 PM »
Hows the ice? fishing late at night seems to be working best for the walleye?
i fish because i can

Offline bugchazer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 12, 2011, 03:23 PM »
5 7 inches. couple of sloppy areas, I stayed away from them with my quad. Nite is only time for walleye

Offline dmhawks93

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 12, 2011, 08:34 PM »
anyone think going to gardner tomorrow is worth it?
i fish because i can

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 13, 2011, 07:01 AM »
If you go today you better bring a snow shovel. I bet the parking lot isn't plowed and I know the lake isn't. I doubt my atv could go down the lake, even with the plow on.

Offline dmhawks93

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 13, 2011, 07:11 PM »
went to gardner today,  biggest waste of time ever, parking lot wasnt plowed n our 4 X 4 truck got stuck for half an hr trying to get out, had to walk through  knee deep snow trying to get to the ice.  drilled the 1st hole about 100ft from the ramp to see the thickness, lots of water and slush under the snow.  top of ice was submerged in about 3" of water, auger hit a rock under the ice as the water level under the hole was so low there was only about 1/2 ft of water under the bottom of the ice. so needless to say didnt get any more holes done and ended up leaving.  good luck to anyone else that tries to get through to the ice, you  better have a plow!
i fish because i can

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 14, 2011, 06:37 AM »
Sorry it didn't work out for you but thanks for the report. Hopefully a few icefishermen have plows and will open up the launches when they go, it seems the state and towns won't bother plowing.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.