Author Topic: CTO  (Read 1446 times)

Offline dtsoutdoors

• IceShanty Rookie
CTO
« on: Jan 07, 2011, 05:53 AM »
I was scrambling to find some Lindy darter jigs and called Blaine. First time I've dealt with CTO - what a pleasant experience. It really pays to go to someone who is an expert in the field as opposed to the big-box store with the high school kid working the floor or the friendly lady on the phone (I'm not mentioning which companies) who are very sweet but don't know a tip-up from an ice-auger. Thanks Blaine, I can't wait to try them out. Tight lines  :icefish: 

Offline Blaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: CTO
« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2011, 06:12 AM »
Thank YOU! We try hard. Service is what we're all about! It's a busy time of year at the shop so we may not always have what you want but we have orders coming in at least 3 times a week...

Offline thndrvlly

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 2011, 09:30 AM »
I agree!!! best fishing store in state, all top quality stuff with an awesome staff.

Offline Jessox80

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "The malevolent aged grin..."- Hughes
« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 2011, 11:23 AM »
I wish I lived closer so I could better take advantage of their awesome live bait supply, big and healthy delicacies for large toothies. Great guys, great advice and an overall great atmosphere.
Pike fishing is a like a cruel mistress that is too beautiful to leave.

Trooper Bri

« Reply #4 on: Jan 07, 2011, 04:57 PM »
Do you guys sell guns?  ;D

Trooper Bri

« Reply #5 on: Jan 07, 2011, 05:20 PM »
That's an old joke Jon.
I went in there one day years ago (at the old location), and there was some real freaky looking mofo in the shop asking about guns. For a while after that guy, I'd ask that same question when I walked in the door.

[EDIT]
Those guys try even harder now that they're in the shadow of the big C.
I bought a small aluminum boat 4 or 5 years ago and needed a fish finder. I actually found what I was looking for on newegg.com. I use them for PC components, and was surprised to see it when I was looking. I posted what I found on another fishing site, and Blaine PM'ed me asking for a chance to match the price. They couldn't quite match it (it was low), but got the sale anyway of course. That extra level of service is worth it.

Offline hrdwtr24

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 07, 2011, 05:25 PM »
Great shop! helpful staff (that actually know what they are talking about  ;) ) and great bait!! it's worth the trip...  :tipup:

Offline Blaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 07, 2011, 05:29 PM »
That's an old joke Jon.
I went in there one day years ago (at the old location), and there was some real freaky looking mofo in the shop asking about guns. For a while after that guy, I'd ask that same question when I walked in the door. 

We sure have come a long way ;D  Quite a few stories from the old location... Boy, I don't miss that neighborhood at all, especially on Friday nights  :o

Offline hrdwtr24

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 07, 2011, 06:11 PM »
We sure have come a long way   Quite a few stories from the old location... Boy, I don't miss that neighborhood at all, especially on Friday nights 

Thats no lie!! I think I locked my truck in the parking lot just running in to buy bait! the new place is great..... :tipup:

Offline spanky1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 08, 2011, 12:44 PM »
CTOutfitters is just too stressful for me.

1) They have waaaaay too much stock, I usually go into sensory overload. Blinders help a little but it is still difficult for me.

2) Blaine, Gary and staff are waaaaay too helpful. It's like they read your mind. Scary actually.

3) Waaaaay too knowledgeable. I'm used to screwing up and wasting money on the wrong gear that I had to buy and rebuy and REBUY until I got it right. This one purchase thing is new to me. I'm not sure I can get used to getting right the 1st time. :-\

Obviously this is tongue and cheek for those of you with difficulty interpreting internet humor ;D.If you haven't visited the shop, you're doing yourself an injustice. CTO is just awesome and the staff is top notch! :tipup:

Now the old location was another story entirely. Remember the looks with all the shanties outside? Some of the neighbors thought they had new homes! ;D
Don't give up, don't EVER give up - Jimmy V

Offline Blaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 08, 2011, 01:15 PM »

Now the old location was another story entirely. Remember the looks with all the shanties outside? Some of the neighbors thought they had new homes! ;D

Folks... He's not kidding...   :o

Offline chadroc

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 08, 2011, 01:18 PM »
just be careful in there.  CTO is the sole reason i maintain my OWN bank account, so the wifey can't see my statements.  Its like a toy shop.  hahaha. 
if the trout are lost, smash the state.

Offline Blaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jan 08, 2011, 01:33 PM »
I was scrambling to find some Lindy darter jigs and called Blaine. 

Did you get them today?

Offline walliceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Waiting to ice that first eye!
« Reply #13 on: Jan 08, 2011, 04:03 PM »
I can vouche for the CTO crew up there. Although I've only made the trip twice. Service was great and Blaine was able to hook me up with what I needed that year. Also the seminar I attended was a wealth of knowledge and very helpful. Not to mention the sale that went on afterwards ;)

Offline thndrvlly

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Jan 08, 2011, 05:14 PM »
what was nice about the old store,  if you ever needed anything and i mean anything you could usually get it in the neighborhood somewhere lol

Offline dtsoutdoors

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Jan 08, 2011, 07:22 PM »
Blaine - Got the Lindy's in today's mail. Thanks you are the best. I look forward to ordering more "stuff" you make it too easy! :tipup:

Offline hertzy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If some is good, then more is better!
« Reply #16 on: Jan 08, 2011, 07:44 PM »
Never been :o ???, but will make the pilgrimage at some point. ;D   :tipup:
Brute force and ignorance with over come fear and common sense!

Offline dmach83

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If I can;t flyfish might as well jig
« Reply #17 on: Jan 08, 2011, 07:55 PM »
I agree with all of the above. First time in last weekend . Blaine helped set up 2 tipups and showed us a few spots on the cove.I'll be back up tom.

Offline KAJ

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Jan 08, 2011, 08:09 PM »
God I miss that store... Great inventory, staff that can't be beat.
If only they shipped  Golden Shiners..  :(

Offline capt ED

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Jan 09, 2011, 01:15 PM »
its not like any other fishing shop. u walk in and u know your dealing with people who fish , and thats what i think makes it such a good experience.
any fin will do

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.