New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: 2017 Saratoga Lake BS  (Read 12238 times)

Offline delay18

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: 2017 Saratoga Lake BS
« Reply #60 on: Dec 27, 2016, 04:26 PM »
Yep, thats been public access for a long time now.   Sometimes they don't plow it out, you have to park at the top of the hill and walk down.   also public access at the mouth of the Kaydeross Creek, but I've never gotten on the ice there, and would be wary of current from the creek.   Also highly doubt they plow that tiny lot.

I thought about that too. I'm not sure how I feel about the creek either. My fat A would not handle thing ice lol
Rob

Offline basshunter12748

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #61 on: Dec 27, 2016, 08:49 PM »
well i think maybe you could make it out right now but based on the amount of ice we had and the recent weather im gonna pass until it firms up a bit more. 

Offline fundad01

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Dec 28, 2016, 05:51 AM »
well i think maybe you could make it out right now but based on the amount of ice we had and the recent weather im gonna pass until it firms up a bit more.
I second that, why risk your life and the lives of the first responders. If anyone has children out their please be careful.  :tipup:

Offline rayban

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #63 on: Dec 28, 2016, 09:09 AM »
Sorry for the b***h fest coming but my concern is people loosing access to Saratoga Lake because of a few who can ruin it for everyone.
Heard someone was parked in the pump house parking area today. For those who don't know it is on Fitch Rd and clearly marked for no parking. Don't park there and if you see someone doing it let them know - everyone risks loosing Fitch Rd access by doing this. Also remember, especially as we are getting snow tomorrow, they let you park on Fitch Rd. but you need to be pulled off the road, not obstructing traffic.

And garbage! Take in/take out! Already hearing about people leaving stuff off Rte 9P accessing Lake Lonely and I know it was an issue last year on Saratoga Lake. Especially at Brown's Beach were for now you are getting a nice plowed area to park and easy access. Don't blow it - even if it means grabbing junk someone else leaves behind.

I know a lot of the people here actually do care about this so preaching to the choir but the choir has to sometimes take it on the road to teach others! Have fun guys but be safe.
Rose, Saratoga Tackle.

Offline delay18

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #64 on: Dec 28, 2016, 09:29 AM »
Sorry for the b***h fest coming but my concern is people loosing access to Saratoga Lake because of a few who can ruin it for everyone.
Heard someone was parked in the pump house parking area today. For those who don't know it is on Fitch Rd and clearly marked for no parking. Don't park there and if you see someone doing it let them know - everyone risks loosing Fitch Rd access by doing this. Also remember, especially as we are getting snow tomorrow, they let you park on Fitch Rd. but you need to be pulled off the road, not obstructing traffic.

And garbage! Take in/take out! Already hearing about people leaving stuff off Rte 9P accessing Lake Lonely and I know it was an issue last year on Saratoga Lake. Especially at Brown's Beach were for now you are getting a nice plowed area to park and easy access. Don't blow it - even if it means grabbing junk someone else leaves behind.

I know a lot of the people here actually do care about this so preaching to the choir but the choir has to sometimes take it on the road to teach others! Have fun guys but be safe.
Rose, Saratoga Tackle.

Just a newbie here, but wondering where specifically you can park on Fitch Rd. I know where the pump house is. Can you park anywhere off that road?
Rob

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #65 on: Dec 28, 2016, 10:44 AM »

Can you park anywhere off that road?

traditionally we have parked on the pumphouse side of fitch road, going away from the lake.   There's a wide shoulder there so you can just about get all four wheels off the pavement.  Its not "public" or anything like that, just a traditional parking area, which means it can get taken away at any time.

Offline delay18

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #66 on: Dec 28, 2016, 12:13 PM »
traditionally we have parked on the pumphouse side of fitch road, going away from the lake.   There's a wide shoulder there so you can just about get all four wheels off the pavement.  Its not "public" or anything like that, just a traditional parking area, which means it can get taken away at any time.

Makes sense. Thanks for the info!
Rob

Offline bluegillbasher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Dec 28, 2016, 02:16 PM »

Just a newbie here, but wondering where specifically you can park on Fitch Rd. I know where the pump house is. Can you park anywhere off that road?
Just don't park in the pumphouse lot where the no park signs are and if parking on side of road,do not park between the no parking signs from the stop sign to just above the pumphouse lot and make sure to get all 4 wheels off the pavement,they will give you a ticket.

Offline FishFillet

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #68 on: Dec 29, 2016, 07:09 AM »
Anyone get out on Saratoga yesterday?

Offline sr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #69 on: Dec 29, 2016, 02:38 PM »

SR

Offline Adkslabslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #70 on: Dec 29, 2016, 07:24 PM »
Has anyone been out how's the ice and and the fishing been ??

Offline JTrottaNY

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • NYS Licensed Guide
« Reply #71 on: Dec 29, 2016, 08:38 PM »
Looked like about 6 guys on the north end and a larger number off of Browns at noontime today... hopefully someone will chime in with a report.
NYS Licensed Guide

Offline buz23

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #72 on: Jan 01, 2017, 05:30 AM »
There was quite a crowd on the South end yesterday.  Any reports??

Offline phil2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #73 on: Jan 01, 2017, 06:28 AM »
South end was good first light then died after the snow. Friends fished west I fished east both caught fish. I guess a 4 wheeler went in by stony took them all day to get it out. Didn't see it. But there is not enough ice for a machine!!! We didn't make any ice holding 4 at best..

Offline rvz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #74 on: Jan 01, 2017, 01:49 PM »
Fished off Silver Beach this morning...Happy New Year!  Ice is sketchy at best 3" to 4" but many of the springs are open in addition to lots of drain holes that are barely skimmed over.  Did fairly well, jigged up some nice perch between 7AM and 9AM then they shut right down.  My partner was fishing a full array of tip-ups and he managed quite a few perch and jigged up a few more.  The lake needs a good hard freeze!  Until then I would recommend caution and beware of the darker, wet spots.

Offline Adkrs

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #75 on: Jan 01, 2017, 02:23 PM »
Might have to try toga for the first time this year
Beer will get you through times of no ice better than ice will get you through times of no beer...

Offline phil2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #76 on: Jan 02, 2017, 07:20 AM »
I'm off Fitch Mon am I'm the furthest out the ice is NOT safe out here blow holes every 10 to 20 feet drill 4 in one spot 1.5 in others.  I saw blow holes the whole way out..

Offline basshunter12748

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #77 on: Jan 02, 2017, 05:37 PM »
Browns beach looked absolutely packed today when I drove by..

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #78 on: Jan 02, 2017, 05:54 PM »
Im.sure there has been some facebook.post of eyes being caught there and nice perch.
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Offline xxxbeer247

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #79 on: Jan 02, 2017, 05:58 PM »
Im.sure there has been some facebook.post of eyes being caught there and nice perch.

Hopefully not....I'm sure the guys who have that kind of success in this lake are not going to risk giving up their spots or attempt to draw more crowds than there already are.

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #80 on: Jan 03, 2017, 11:24 AM »

More than a few  ;)   folks always gotta learn the hard way, right?

Offline phil2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #81 on: Jan 03, 2017, 03:21 PM »
That's why I keep my hole shut lance!

Offline Brooksy59215

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #82 on: Jan 03, 2017, 05:04 PM »
I'm sure this rain is doing some damage.

Offline phil2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #83 on: Jan 03, 2017, 07:05 PM »
Well this is what I got' past the broken up ice on Fitch someone will go swimming! Its bad out there I'm not scared of much!  Monday morning I had 11 blow holes inside of 30 yds were I was standing. Never saw that many. Packed bags and headed to Brown's fished my normal spot caught some perch. Me and a friend fished to stony point and back. Out in front of stony 21 ft in from Brown house to past flag pole is blow hole city worse I have seen it open holes the size of garbage can lids to 5 gallon buckets there in 20ft all the way to shore . So you have to watch were you walk. There is a new pressure ridge starting about manginos and heads north. That's all I got!

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #84 on: Jan 04, 2017, 07:57 AM »
Well this is what I got' past the broken up ice on Fitch someone will go swimming! Its bad out there I'm not scared of much!  Monday morning I had 11 blow holes inside of 30 yds were I was standing. Never saw that many. Packed bags and headed to Brown's fished my normal spot caught some perch. Me and a friend fished to stony point and back. Out in front of stony 21 ft in from Brown house to past flag pole is blow hole city worse I have seen it open holes the size of garbage can lids to 5 gallon buckets there in 20ft all the way to shore . So you have to watch were you walk. There is a new pressure ridge starting about manginos and heads north. That's all I got!

Man I hate it when Saratoga gets that way, and sometimes she does get scary.  We need a good cold shot to tighten things up.

Offline Adkslabslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #85 on: Jan 05, 2017, 09:56 AM »
Anyone been out of Brown's beach just wondering how ice conditions are

Offline bwlin13

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #86 on: Jan 08, 2017, 06:08 PM »
How was the action out there this weekend

Offline Bassmaster16

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #87 on: Jan 08, 2017, 08:23 PM »
was out off browns on sat. 6 to 7 in ice

Offline chessieman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #88 on: Jan 08, 2017, 08:29 PM »
Fished Fitch both Sat and Sun AM - bite was slow, managed 10 good sized bluegills each day, but i worked for them. Saturday you needed a reservation #, by 7:00AM musta been 20 guys on the ice, out in the 12+ FoW fishing tip-ups - they were slow, this morning only about 10 guys and the the tip-ups were even slower. Plenty of ice (7"-8").

Still a large tongue of open water off the Kaydeross and it's open under the 9P bridge - although there were a couple groups about 1/2 mile down on Fish Creek

FYI - stopped in at Lake Lonely Livery, he has bait but no tackle yet - says he plans on being open 5AM-5PM every day.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.