New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: 2015 SENY Gatherings suggestion  (Read 10599 times)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Re: 2015 SENY Gatherings suggestion
« Reply #90 on: Jan 08, 2015, 01:47 AM »
Greetings with the recent cold weather and a recent inquiry by a member figured I should bump this thread back up and inform everyone about this season's proposed gatherings.Hopefully there will be 3 outings/gatherings this ice season on the following dates and locations.

First outing on Saturday Jan.31 at the Fallsburg Fire Dept. contest . The contest is held on Echo Lake (also know as Alta Lake). Registration is at the Firemen's camp on Westwood Drive in South Fallsburg,NY. The contest starts at 7 AM ,live bait fish and hot drinks will be available for purchase at contest. You may bring ATVs or Snowmobiles but need proper registration. raffle tickets,prizes for various fish species

Second outing on Saturday Feb. 14 at the Hurleyville Fire Dept. contest held at Morningside Lake (Hurleyville/Town of Fallsburg,NY.) . Start time is 7 AM ,entry fee is $15.00 for adults, youth 15 and under are free. Live bait fish available for purchase at contest also refreshments.After prizes are awarded and Raffle winners picked you may drive to fire house for a buffet at no additional cost. ATVs/snowmobiles allowed again they must have proper registration.

Remember DEC officers will be present at both these contests so have any vehicles registered. Also mark you tipups and tip downs with your name and address. Please see DEC website for information on this,if bringing a child /friend put their name and address on equipment . So you are not over legal limit.

Third outing Saturday March 7 at Chodikee Lake off of route 299 in the New Paltz,NY. area ,meet at lake access/parking area at 7 AM . I will post directions to lake and near by bait shop locations closer to the date of this event. You will have to bring your own food and drink. In the past we have had members bring camp stoves and each brought food and drink items.

I will pass on the information I have on the Fallsburg Fire Dept. contest to Adk Roy so he can update his thread on contests. Once I get clearance I will post entry fee/registration for the Fallsburg contest. I do not want to see this information or my post deleted for violating website rules.

Mr.Clean/Steve

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #91 on: Jan 13, 2015, 04:40 AM »
Before this thread gets buried any deeper had to bump it back up to page 1.Below is the information I was able to obtain on the Fallsburg Fire Department contest. It is similar to info. posted by AdkRoy in his contests thread.

Saturday Jan.31 at Echo Lake in South Fallsburg,NY. (this lake is also shown as Alta Lake on some maps)
     The contest starts at 7AM and ends at 3PM . Registration is at the Firemen's camp located on Westwood road.
     Entry fee is $10.00 for adults, youth $5.00     Live bait fish will be available for purchase at the contest along with hot drinks.
     ATV and snowmobiles permitted must have proper registration.
     The fire department puts up signs along RT.42 in South Falls burg directing you to contest.

Steve

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #92 on: Jan 21, 2015, 07:24 PM »
Since IceBalls22(Roger) inquired last night for information on this year's gatherings and the date of first gathering approaching fast I had to bring this thread back to page one.
To refresh everyone memories the first outing will be on Saturday Jan.31 at the Fallsburg Fire Dept. contest. The contest is held at Echo/Alta Lake in South Fallsburg,NY. Lake access and registration take place at the Firemen's Camp located on Westwood road.
                       Registration/entry fee are  Adult $10.00   Youth $ 5.00              Coffee and hot Chocolate will be available for purchase.
                       Live baitfish will also be available             ATV and snowmobiles allowed must have proper registration.
If members have the equipment we can tailgate on the ice. Just remember this is a family event so use your judgement with adult beverages. DEC officers will likely be present to check licenses and tipups. I will post directions to the lake on Sun. Jan.25

The second gathering will be on Sat. Feb.14 the Hurleyville Fire Dept. contest held at Morningside Lake Hurleyville,NY. (Town of Fallsburg,NY.)          Registration-entry fee Adult $5.00 (15 and older)  Youth under 15 free
Live baitfish and hot drinks available for purchase at the contest . Besides prizes for fish caught there is a raffle. After the contest you may drive to the fire house for a buffet at no additional cost.

Additional information on these two contests can be found in the contest thread started by AdkRoy. The thread is stickied near the top of NY. General community page.

I had planned a third outing for Sat. March 8TH at Chodikee Lake  (Town of Lloyd) New Paltz area . We may have to look for another lake recently received a personal message from a member and confirmed his information with the DEC region 3 office in New Paltz. Alcoholic beverages are not permitted at Chodikee Lake. I know some members like to have a beer while out fishing. I'm open to suggestions would prefer a lake in Ulster County or on the east side of Hudson river. (Dutchess,Putnam, Westchester)

If people want to cook on the ice at Fallsburg Contest please post here or in the Southern NY. thread . We can start a list of what members are bringing.          I have a Larger Ice Shanty Flag that I will fly at the Fire Dept.contests so members can find me out on the ice.

Mr.Clean/Steve

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #93 on: Jan 26, 2015, 03:49 AM »
Attention South Eastern New York Ice Shanty members this coming Saturday Jan.31,2015 is the first on-ice gathering. We are meeting at the Fallsburg Fire Dept. contest held at Echo/Alta Lake in South Fallsburg,NY. (Sullivan County)
Here are the contest details  Start time is 7 A.M. concludes at 3 P.M. (I would get any possible prize winning fish to the weigh station by 2:45 P.M.) Entry fee $10.00 adult,$5.00 youth   You register for contest and access lake from the Fireman's camp located on Westwood Road. Live bait fish and hots drinks available for purchase. Raffle tickets $1.00 a piece or 6 for $5.00

Prizes for fish              Fish of the Day -$150.00
                                  Pickerel- 1st- $100.00, 2ND- $50.00, 3rd-$25.00
                                  Perch-1st-$100.00,2ND-$50.00,3rd-$25.00
                                  Panfish-1st-$100.00,2ND-$50.00,3rd-$25.00
                                  Bullhead/Eel- 1st-$50.00,2ND$25.00
You can check the link to Face Book found in the contest info. listed in AdkRoy's fishing contest thread. The thread is stickied near the top of New York General Community.   ATV-Snowmobiles allowed but must have proper registration.

In case of bad weather listen to radio stations WVOS-95.9 FM and WSUL 98.3FM or call the firehouse  ( 845- 434-2008 )
Also can try to reach Mr.Bart Resnick (845-428-0122)

Below are directions to the lake all milage given is approximate.

Exit Route 17 at exit 105B Kiameshia Lake you are now on Route 42 (there are McDonald's and Dunkin Donuts with 24 Hour Drive thru's on this road, both on right side of road)   Stay on route 42 past Kiameshia Lake you will come to a blinking traffic light go straight thru the light.As you enter South Fallsburg there is a Mobile Mini Mart to your right around 3/10's of a mile past mini mart make a left onto Grift Court Road.(Sterling National Bank at this turn) Go a short distance on Grift Court Road and turn left onto Water Street. Water Street turns into Pleasant Valley Road. The second road that you come to on Your left is Westwood Road. (Just Past entrance to Camp Borris-on right)Proceed 1.5 miles on Westwood road make a right turn into Fireman's property.
There should be Signs on route 42 and other roads mentioned directing you to the contest once you enter South Fallsburg.

Please see the Southern New York thread page 374 for IceBalls post about this contest. If you plan to bring a grill,table,etc. please post in this or SNY thread by Thursday Jan.29 . once you get onto the Lake look for.  Ice Shanty logo Flags ,I have a 2 'x3' flag and will be flying the I.S. colors.

Looking forward to meeting all of you at Echo lake this Saturday.                  Mr.clean/Steve

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #94 on: Jan 27, 2015, 02:56 AM »
Just wanted to update the information on this Saturday's gathering. The two closest bait shops to Echo lake in South Fallsburg,NY. that I know of are Sport Nuts in Rock Hill and Tom's in Fair Oaks/Middletown.

Sport Nuts (845)-794-2000  hours Sun.-Sat. 9 A.M.-5P.M. They do open earlier on weekends especially when there are contests. To get weekend hours call the shop on Thursday. When traveling on route 17 get off at exit 109 at end of exit ramp make a left turn stay on this road. The shop is on the left side of road past Sullivan County A.S.P.C.A. looks like a house . Cedar shingle siding on building.

Tom's Bait Shop  (845)-733-4642   This is a small shop operated out of the garage of a family home.   When traveling west on route 17 get off at exit 116 at end of ramp turn right go under route 17. This is route 17k take this past Bloomingburg Diner to intersection with route 17m. When you reach the intersection turn left onto route 17m. Take your time eventually you while see a sign for baitshop. Once you see the sign be ready to make a right turn onto Prosperous Valley Road. The house/shop is on your right there is a sign in front of house.

I would call this shop also for his hours at one time it was 24 hours a day. being a small shop his bait supply is limited at times.

Mr.Clean/Steve

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #95 on: Jan 29, 2015, 03:01 AM »
I hope everyone is getting their gear in order for this Saturday. Just a friendly reminder the contest starts at 7A.M. . Also be sure to have your license and label your tipups/tipdowns, Automatic Fisherman and anything else that falls under the current description of a tipup. DEC officers will probably be present for part of the contest. Looking forward to see all of you at the lake.
Steve

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #96 on: Jan 30, 2015, 08:04 PM »
Just wanted to pass on some phone numbers for different law enforcement agencies in the area of the contest.
Sullivan County Sherriff  (845)-794-7100      Fallsburg,NY. Police (845)-434-4422
Wurtsboro,NY.State Police barracks (845)-888-2681

Remember to dress warm,bring additional layers temperature with wind chill will feel like -20 below zero at the start of contest. Forecast high for the day is 17 degrees not including wind chill.

Mr.Clean/Steve

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #97 on: Jan 31, 2015, 02:56 AM »
Latest forecast from the weather Channel's website calls for 0 degrees at 7 A.M. (start of contest) and 14 degrees at 3 P.M. (end of contest) .Winds will be from the North west 15 to 20 mph with higher gusts all day.

As I posted earlier dress appropriately these are dangerous wind chills ,frost bite will be a factor most of the day.

Mr.Clean/Steve                    www.weather.com

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #98 on: Feb 01, 2015, 01:22 AM »
Greetings everyone just a brief report from today's gathering at the Fallsburg Fire Dept. contest. Definitely not the best day for fishing weather wise low temperatures and very windy. If I did not have my flipover shelter anchored down would have taken a ride across the lake. Nice contest maybe 100 people in attendance I was wrong on entry fee only $7.00 for adults.
I saw the following members IceBalls along with his son Mark and Friend John(SquidBoy) with his grandson. Lake Simon form the Poughkeepsie area and Boss J . Drifted snow all over the lake average depth around 3 inches lots of fun pulling out my gear. Boy do I have to build a Smitty sled!  I set up near IceBalls group and spent the day getting to known my New Marcum VX1Pro flasher unit. Lots to learn wondered why what I thought was a fish always moved higher in the water column when I jigged finally realized the unit was showing swivel on my line along with jig. Duh !
John (SquidBoy's ) grandson caught a pickerel that may have won one of the trophies in the Youth prize category. IceBalls group also landed a few more pickerel ,lots of wind flags everywhere around me. Boss J took first place in the Adult Perch . (You are on a contest streak John). Yours truly was skunked for the day still had a great time. I got to use IceBalls Ion auger very nice piece of gear ,hope they make an extension for it . Lake had 12 to 15 inches of ice and still bending over drilling holes. I'm only 5'9 " tall.

If other members attended sorry I missed you . We will have to assign a meeting place for the next gathering .(Sat. Feb.14 Hurleyville Fire Dept. Contest at Morningside Lake ,Town of Fallsburg,NY./Sullivan County.

As always stay safe everyone and Good Fishing. Hopefully winter storm Linus does not blanket all of us under a lot of snow. (Little Peanuts humor.  :laugh: )

Mr.Clean/Steve

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
« Reply #99 on: Feb 01, 2015, 02:55 PM »
lol contest streak lol thanks steve. really tho i never really fished in many contests untill last year and now i am getting know by a few... lol
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #100 on: Feb 09, 2015, 04:47 AM »
Just wanted to remind everyone that this Saturday Feb.14 is the second on-ice gathering. We are meeting at the Hurleyville Fire Dept. contest at Morningside Lake off of Brickman Road in Hurleyville,NY. (Town of Fallsburg,NY. Sullivan County)
Register at the contest adults $ 5.00 ,15 and under free ,the contest runs from 7 AM to 3 PM. refreshments and live bait available also holes drilled if needed .
Adult and Youth divisions  trophies given for 1ST to 3RD place in the following categories. Perch,Panfish,Bullhead, Walleye and Pickerel. (The lake has been stocked with over 10 thousand Walleyes in the past 10 years.
Contact persons Jack Halchak (845)-436-5418 and George Price (845)-434-3475

Here are some law enforcement numbers you may want to pass on to family members.
Sullivan County Sherriff (845)-794-7100        Fallsburg Police Dept. (845)-434-4422    State Police Wurtsboro,NY. barracks (845)-888-2681

Radio stations WVOS 95.9 FM ,WSUL 98.3 FM you can also hear both stations broadcast on Time Warner Cable television channel 1964 for WSUL, channel 1962 for WVOS . I will check with Mr.Halchak to see if they will use either station should the contest have to be canceled.

See other posts on this page for info. on bait shops near/on way to the contest.

Directions from route 17 get of at exit 105B (Kiameshia) , traveling from the East or west make a right turn at end of respective exit ramp. You are now on Route 42 stay on this road through South Fallsburg eventually you will come to the hamlet of Fallsburg at traffic light turn left onto Brickman Road the lake will be on your right.

I will not get to the contest until 9 AM or a little later I have to work on Friday night will not get home before Midnight. Bringing my Ice Shanty flag so watch for it flying.

Mr. Clean/Steve

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
« Reply #101 on: Feb 09, 2015, 07:30 PM »
How is the fishing on Morningside?
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #102 on: Feb 10, 2015, 04:57 AM »
Kb Morningside sees a lot of fishing pressure easy access ,also the Town of Fallsburg or Sullivan County has a camp ground on the lake. Besides the ice fishing contest the Hurleyville Fire Dept. along with Loch Sheldrake F.D. hold an open water contest each summer. If you go to the website posted below you will find photos from previous years ice and open water contests. You may recognize the fellow holding his prize winning crappie at last years contest. I'm sorry can not give a better reply been to many years since I last fished the lake.Morningside is also shallow only one small area around 8 feet deep .

www.hurleyvilleny.com

Mr.Clean/Steve

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
« Reply #103 on: Feb 10, 2015, 07:57 AM »
morningside can be a lot of fun catching numbers of fish but most are small. the gill population is high but most are 5-6 inches. dink perch from time to time and if your lucky crappies are around but this year they were hit very hard and the size is mainly 7-8 inches.
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
« Reply #104 on: Feb 10, 2015, 08:01 AM »
Thanks. Just curious what to expect.  I'm hoping to get to this one.
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #105 on: Feb 11, 2015, 08:39 PM »
Good evening fellow SENY ice anglers I regret to in form all of you that due to a sudden unexpected event will not be able to attend Saturday's gathering (Feb.14). My mother passed away earlier today. All those planning to attend have a great day. If anyone needs information on the Hurleyville Fire Dept. contest go through the last two pages of this thread or look through the Contest thread started by AdkRoy found stickied near top of NY.General Community page. Also just a reminder the King Of the Ice contest is this Sunday at White Lake (Sullivan County) see AdkRoy's thread for info. or search for the Sullivan County Conservation Club's website.

I know we had a gathering planned for Sat. March 7TH. Sorry but this gathering may not occur.

Mr.Clean/Steve

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
« Reply #106 on: Feb 11, 2015, 08:39 PM »
Good evening fellow SENY ice anglers I regret to in form all of you that due to a sudden unexpected event will not be able to attend Saturday's gathering (Feb.14). My mother passed away earlier today. All those planning to attend have a great day. If anyone needs information on the Hurleyville Fire Dept. contest go through the last two pages of this thread or look through the Contest thread started by AdkRoy found stickied near top of NY.General Community page. Also just a reminder the King Of the Ice contest is this Sunday at White Lake (Sullivan County) see AdkRoy's thread for info. or search for the Sullivan County Conservation Club's website.

I know we had a gathering planned for Sat. March 7TH. Sorry but this gathering may not occur.

Mr.Clean/Steve

Sorry for your loss clean

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.