New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Cranberry lake  (Read 13535 times)

Offline pikefiend

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Cranberry lake
« Reply #120 on: Feb 28, 2014, 09:21 AM »
I was told by a guy on the county fisheries that I had to first propose it to my town board And get approval. Then it goes to county for them to check....then idk

Ok, I'm not sure how I can help you since I don't live in your town, but I will certainly help out by signing a petition or whatever else needs to be done. Just let me know. Btw, there's an article about special pike regs on In-Fisherman.com. You can find it under the Pike & Muskie category (I believe the title is "Special Regs Breed Giant Pike"). As I mentioned before, there have been extensive studies done by state agencies, etc. on the results of slot limits for pike. Google should help you with the research. Again, if you need help drafting something up, please let me know. Thanks.

Offline Holmesy_1369

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #121 on: Feb 28, 2014, 09:39 AM »
Every one that fishes with me are not local but would be supportive of the effort as well

Offline pikefiend

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #122 on: Mar 06, 2014, 07:45 AM »
It seems stupid not to try and get a slot limit implemented. It's a trophy pike lake, and it should remain that way for everyone's benefit.

Offline loneranger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #123 on: Mar 06, 2014, 11:29 AM »
I will sign a petition for slot limits on pike also I have noticed a drop in average size for fish caught where I fish more fish need to be put back this should be  a state wide slot limit agreed

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.