New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: lincoln pond Elizabethtown..  (Read 14522 times)

Offline fishmonger

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: lincoln pond Elizabethtown..
« Reply #60 on: Mar 14, 2012, 04:06 PM »
Ha! That's funny. I was talking to your buddy a little when I was walking out and I thought about asking if he was on Ice Shanty! Not a big pike, just 26 inch, I missed 2 others, one was much smaller and one was much bigger.
Meat is murder....tasty, tasty murder

Offline nitzer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #61 on: Mar 14, 2012, 08:29 PM »
i saved that spot for you!!!! hahaha...

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #62 on: Mar 14, 2012, 09:12 PM »
fishmonger, i just put 2 and 2 together and realized that was you out by the beach yesterday.... i was with the group of 3 along the campsite shoreline. i was the one going back and forth to land to try and cook my hotdogs...hahahahha. i missed your pike, how big was it. my buddy (pikeman3033) got a nice one at the end of the day. i had something hit a monster bait of mine. took a ton of line out and when i got there it was tangled and i think caused it to drop it. the bait had teeth marks in it.
38+" 15lbs.

Offline nitzer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #63 on: Mar 15, 2012, 07:03 AM »
ice wanderer, what were those measurements for?

Offline thecreature

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #64 on: Feb 02, 2015, 03:02 PM »
I was thinking about heading to Lincoln Pond tomorrow after Pike. Which side of the road is better? Not looking for a specific spot. Just wondering which side of the road is my best chances.

Offline fishy1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #65 on: Feb 02, 2015, 03:22 PM »
I live about 5 minutes from there and I have fished there quite a few times!! I have caught tons upon tons of pike,bass,perch. Never have caught a musky although there are some in there. A guy I knew caught one through the ice last year and had it mOunted! Lots of pike but have never caugh one over 12 or 13 lbs. a very good ice fishing pond if u don't mInd catching ALOT I fish just no wall Mounters!
they stock 1500 tiger muskies a year in lincoln pond so where are they all. its a rarity to catch one like you said you havent caught one. from most reports from fisherman in this area the stocking of muskies in lincoln isnt working. lincoln pond is not that big and fisherman should be able to catch a musky once in awhile even by accident. are the perch growing there at all?

Offline fishy1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #66 on: Feb 02, 2015, 03:23 PM »
went once and set some tip ups while jigging.  got a few bad on tip ups and one tiger.  not a overly big tiger but still pretty , we let him go.  That being said we left right after we got the tiger, it was pretty slow over all and the pan fish were all dinks.  Give it a shot if you targeting tigers but don't hold your breath while waiting for em!
x2

Offline fishy1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #67 on: Feb 02, 2015, 03:25 PM »
Yeah i fish bartlett pond also. About 10-12 years ago it was loaded with quite  a few of 20+ lb tigers. There have been quite a few tigers come out of bartlett. I fish there quite a bit in the summer and there are some HUGE Bass, When i say HUGE i MEAN HUUUGGGGEEEE! You cant use any gas powered equipment on bartlett (gas auger,boat with gas motor,atvs,snowmobiles, ETC....) Im sure there are still some tigers in there but just not as many as before. I have tried for them up there and have caught some small ones and lost a few nice ones while bass fishing. I have personally witnessed some monsters come out of there. The tiger that came out of lincoln that was mounted i believe was around 18-20 lbs, dont quote me because i cant remember for sure but somewhere in that range.
jamie what happened to the tiger muskies in bartllet. you fished it this winter yet?

Offline NatefishNY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #68 on: Feb 02, 2015, 03:33 PM »
Fishy1 this thread is 3 years old... You probably won't get a response from those old quotes

Thecreature, I prefer the southern end of the pond, the campground side
            P.E.T.A. = People Eating Tasty Animals

Offline thecreature

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #69 on: Feb 02, 2015, 05:55 PM »
Thanks for the info. I'll report back with results.

Offline fishy1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #70 on: Feb 02, 2015, 07:03 PM »
Fishy1 this thread is 3 years old... You probably won't get a response from those old quotes

Thecreature, I prefer the southern end of the pond, the campground side
thanks i didnt notice that because it said new so i just opened it up i know jamie so he will probably see this and pm me.

Offline icecaptain14

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #71 on: Feb 02, 2015, 09:49 PM »

heres a tiger out of Lincoln

heres a 6 lb pike out of Lincoln

Offline nitzer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #72 on: Feb 03, 2015, 06:28 AM »
I have a camp on the lake. the best spot for quantity pike is on the side with the big island u see from the road (boat launch side)...shallow and weedy. yes there are a lot of big perch in there still. get em on tip-ups with pike bait (biggest bait u can buy). catch a lot and I mean a lot of small perch jigging...

got a nice 10lb tiger last winter and 16lb tiger 5 years ago through ice. catch em every now and then trolling in the summer...they are in there but like everyone says, not that easy to catch. update us on ur day creature

Offline HybridHunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #73 on: Feb 03, 2015, 07:19 AM »
They are there and if you are fishing good structure, towards deeper water this time of year, you will find them eventually. You can't go there one day and expect to have a tiger hit, although it occasionally happens if everything is right. They do not present themselves like pike. You may go 4-7 days in a row before you catch a tiger. Best thing you can do is pick a spot with prime structure, and stick to it. You're just going to really devote a lot of time toward the species if you want to be successful. Jay
I am Muskies Inc.

Offline fishy1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #74 on: Feb 03, 2015, 07:43 AM »
thanks guys for the pics and info. i havent fished in lincoln pond in 40years and it used to be great. so basically the tiger stocking seems to be working some. you are right about fishing near the island to for pike. we fished there many times in the 50,s and 60,s for bullhead and pike. we caught many and big ones to. then they drained the pond and everything went down hill have a freind that lives right on the pond and he says the fishing will never come back there like it was unless your fishing for small stunted fish such as the perch. my son camp up there and they caught some nice perch and blue gills at night fishing bullhead. they had several perch over 10 inches and even a 12 inch one.

Offline nitzer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #75 on: Feb 03, 2015, 07:55 AM »
yea I heard htat as well.. my mom and uncles grew up on the lake. and they are big into fishing. says it took like 10 years for it to come back. they were talking up until last year about draining it gain to work on the damn, but I guess they are gonna put up a coffer damn and do it next year

Offline NatefishNY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #76 on: Feb 03, 2015, 09:06 AM »
We catch a decent amount of pike out of there and you can catch hundreds of tiny perch all day, we usually end up with. 5-10 big perch (10-12") but they all come on tip ups
            P.E.T.A. = People Eating Tasty Animals

Offline nitzer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #77 on: Feb 03, 2015, 11:53 AM »
that's exactly what happens with the jumbo perch. especially the pike bait now adays.

Offline fishy1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #78 on: Feb 03, 2015, 06:04 PM »
yea I heard htat as well.. my mom and uncles grew up on the lake. and they are big into fishing. says it took like 10 years for it to come back. they were talking up until last year about draining it gain to work on the damn, but I guess they are gonna put up a coffer damn and do it next year
sounds like i should know them then. any clue where there house was located? i am local and have freinds that still have camps there and live there . shoot me a pm if you would like it kept private.

Offline thecreature

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #79 on: Feb 03, 2015, 07:45 PM »
I ended up landing 2 pike. Nothing huge. One was 23" and the other was 20". Had about 10 flags though! Lots of run and drops and bait stealers. It was a great time. I will definatly go back. I fished the north side somewhere towards the middle.

Offline icecaptain14

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #80 on: Feb 05, 2015, 11:12 AM »
I ended up landing 2 pike. Nothing huge. One was 23" and the other was 20". Had about 10 flags though! Lots of run and drops and bait stealers. It was a great time. I will definatly go back. I fished the north side somewhere towards the middle.

bait stealers that would be the big perch had the same problem one day when i was out there

Offline nitzer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #81 on: Feb 05, 2015, 01:55 PM »
me 2, this past Saturday. and the 2 we caught cudnt even swallow the bait. hahahaa. that s "STINKIN LINCOLN" for ya

Offline Miller52

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #82 on: Feb 05, 2015, 04:12 PM »
how much ice was out there? thinking maybe this weekend i will try it. fished there and camped there for a weekend one summer on the island and the perch was fun and i think i got a cat fish and plenty of pannies. had the biggest perch i have ever seen and as soon as my buddy touched the line it came off the hook and never seen it again >:( . dont have a registered snow machine or a 4x4 wheeler so could i get a truck out there?

Offline Miller52

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #83 on: Feb 05, 2015, 04:46 PM »
definitely decided thats where im going saturday. still need to know if there is enough ice to get a truck out there if its possible and where would be a good place to try. i target perch for jigging and pike on tipups and of course there is bass that will hit and the chance for a tiger.

Offline icecaptain14

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #84 on: Feb 05, 2015, 08:06 PM »
that maybe atuff one considering they dont plow the camp ground or the boat launch on the north side but you could use a machine to get your stuff out there at least and then load it back on your vehicle had that problem a few years ago and encon just said to load it back up on the truck when we were out on the ice

Offline thecreature

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #85 on: Feb 05, 2015, 10:07 PM »
There was at least 16" of ice. the problem with getting a truck out there with all the snow. There was at least a foot of snow on the ice. It might be doable if you had a 4x4 with some good tires and ground clearance...

Offline Miller52

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #86 on: Feb 05, 2015, 11:06 PM »
got 4x4 and ground clearance. if i dont feel its going to be possible how far of a walk is it from the boat launch (if i can park there) to a good spot to set up tip ups for pike and tigers and jig for perch? if i remember correct the island wasnt very far out? would around the island be good?

Offline thecreature

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #87 on: Feb 06, 2015, 05:07 AM »
I fished right out from the launch about 400yds and caught 2 pike. That was my first time there so I really don't have any more info to share.

Offline fishy1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #88 on: Feb 06, 2015, 06:44 PM »
any size to the pike?

Offline jam1e24

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #89 on: Feb 08, 2015, 09:22 AM »
Hey I just saw this post from back in 2012. I have fished Lincoln Pond a few times since the last time I posted on here in 2012. I Still have not caught any tigers neither in the spring, summer, or winter but have heard of a VERY FEW tigers being caught. They have still been stocking tigers but they are so small I have a good feeling all the pike are eating them up, as Lincoln Pond is loaded with small pike. It seems that only a few tigers are making it to live another day. Hopefully in years to come the tiger population and size will increase!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.