New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Lake Neatahwanta  (Read 14107 times)

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Lake Neatahwanta
« Reply #90 on: Feb 02, 2012, 12:59 PM »
fulton  canal is  opening  back up!!!!  fat heads  and  coffee time!

Offline swamp donkey21

• IceShanty Rookie
  • just because your older doesnt mean your smarter.
« Reply #91 on: Feb 02, 2012, 06:09 PM »
fulton  canal is  opening  back up!!!!  fat heads  and  coffee time!

drama queen  :-*
working harder than a 3 legged dog trying to bury a turd on a frozen lake.

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #92 on: Feb 02, 2012, 06:36 PM »
Guys, last time I'm gonna say this. Please play nicely or I'm not just going to lock this thread, I'll delete it instead.

New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline timothymills2012

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #93 on: Feb 02, 2012, 07:04 PM »
With ratte saying there is 5 inches of ice on big bay i'm going there in the morning!!!!I don't mind gills or crappie!Ratte if you were with another guy around 3-3:30 walking out on Neatahwanta i saw you.The ice dosen't look to bad.the shoreline is a little messy but with the cold nights ahead that should change for the better and hopefully SP does as well.I'll let you all know how we do on big bay!!

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #94 on: Feb 02, 2012, 07:44 PM »
Guys, last time I'm gonna say this. Please play nicely or I'm not just going to lock this thread, I'll delete it instead.

(Image removed from quote.)

Roy lay off the rogaine would ya? & those performance enhancing acorns are bad for the nutz :P :P :P :P

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #95 on: Feb 02, 2012, 07:46 PM »
drama queen  :-*

no i  fish  the  canal  all the  time!  open water!  why  walk  a  mile  and  drill  holes  when i  can  cast  sit and  sip coffee   ;D

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #96 on: Feb 02, 2012, 07:46 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

No ice, tree rats on roids whats next?

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #97 on: Feb 02, 2012, 07:48 PM »
i been  at  upstate  all  day  i  didn't  start  nothing   :nono:

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #98 on: Feb 02, 2012, 07:51 PM »
i been  at  upstate  all  day  i  didn't  start  nothing   :nono:

I didn't start nuttin either, I was just playing with adkroy, should I insert my "disclaimer" about not offense intended here?

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #99 on: Feb 02, 2012, 07:52 PM »
I didn't start nuttin either, I was just playing with adkroy, should I insert my "disclaimer" about not offense intended here?

Bcons, Its not a squirrel on roids,   being a science expert, I am genetically engineering my own personal squirrel army.  ;D

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #100 on: Feb 02, 2012, 08:03 PM »
Bcons, Its not a squirrel on roids,   being a science expert, I am genetically engineering my own personal squirrel army.  ;D

Did you engineer the Yankees too?  I hear they like those "special acorns"

Hey Trap

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #101 on: Feb 02, 2012, 08:05 PM »

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #102 on: Feb 02, 2012, 08:08 PM »
 :woot: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline raate

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #103 on: Feb 02, 2012, 09:35 PM »
With ratte saying there is 5 inches of ice on big bay i'm going there in the morning!!!!I don't mind gills or crappie!Ratte if you were with another guy around 3-3:30 walking out on Neatahwanta i saw you.The ice dosen't look to bad.the shoreline is a little messy but with the cold nights ahead that should change for the better and hopefully SP does as well.I'll let you all know how we do on big bay!!
That was me.   :)

Others came out a little later with a snowmobile.

Offline iceguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • nothin like hard h2o
« Reply #104 on: Feb 02, 2012, 09:42 PM »
Raate....you better get that sled off quick........that ice isn't safe according to experts  driving by....LMAO ;D ;D ;D
guy

Offline joshjj2010

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #105 on: Feb 03, 2012, 12:46 AM »
is that at the lake in fulton

Offline Ryan549

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #106 on: Feb 03, 2012, 05:03 AM »
I can't believe a concerned citizen didn't call the cops. The proof is in the tape and you are right, 5". Maybe the neighborhood watch will leave you alone now!

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #107 on: Feb 03, 2012, 05:34 AM »
this  whole  story  bothered  me .....  instead  of  suffering  from a episode of  parania   one  can  look at public  records !  seems  earlier  in the  day  several  kids  were   removed  from the  ice  as they were  close  to  the open water  at  tannery creek ....  the  fire  department  is  accross  from the War Memorial building  according  to   several  police  friends  the call  came  from  the  fire dept!  reason for  the  fear  was  the  fisherman  was  on the  ice  but there  was  no   vehicle parked  making  the  possiablity of a  young person  again ..... it  is  hard  to  walk on lake  neathhwanta,in  the  dark  with a  gas latern  ....next to  a  high school jr  high  ,skating  rink  ,fire department  and  the  main   highway  threw  the  city  running  right  next  to it  and  a  police  car driving by  checking  after  kids  just  being thrown  off  and  not  be  noticed !  just  saying  duhhhhhhhhh....  appears  to  me  like  concerned  parents  were  worried  about  the  children or a honestly  concerned  police officer , this  is  a simple  case  of  someone  being checked  and  someone  that  wasn't  even there  suffering  from  visions  of  grandeur  running  with a story  making  things  up in there  head  ....     

Offline BlueGill92

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #108 on: Feb 03, 2012, 07:21 AM »
Is that the red challenge flag  :woot: The fire dep has been down there at tannery practiceing a ice recuse at least 3 times in the past week. Ice looks good though. Good luck Raate. I'll give it a try might see ya out there.

Offline iceguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • nothin like hard h2o
« Reply #109 on: Feb 03, 2012, 08:49 AM »
this  whole  story  bothered  me .....  instead  of  suffering  from a episode of  parania   one  can  look at public  records !  seems  earlier  in the  day  several  kids  were   removed  from the  ice  as they were  close  to  the open water  at  tannery creek ....     

I guess I don't understand....what's a bunch of kids playing on the ice near open water got to with experienced ice fishers knowing what the ice conditions are????

i  been  fishing  neatahwanta    back  when  a  guy  named moses  split  it  in two ....  i've  caught  more  fish  out there  then  you've  lied  about   ;D

just  to let people  know!!!!  do not attempt  to walk on neatahwanta  the  ice  is  good  close to the  beach  area  but  gets  thin real  fast!!!! 

catch  well have  to  wait  to  take  that  walk  across and  get those  3  pound  crappies  :roflmao:

WARNING  ....50FEET  OUT  YOU'LL  GO THREW!!!!!

someone  that  wasn't  even there  suffering  from  visions  of  grandeur  running  with a story  making  things  up in there  head  ....     
::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
guy

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #110 on: Feb 03, 2012, 11:18 AM »
easy  the  kids  got  kicked  off   the  police  drove  by  seen a  light    no  car    hollared  out  made  sure  it  wasn't    kids  from  the  skating  rink  ......

one  one  did  anything  wrong  at all  .....

now  personally  i  can't  say   other  then  the  offical  report  because  i  wasn't there  to  witness  it   but  if  you  go  back  neither  was   the  person  talking  about  it  here  he  states  he  was  on  big  bay??????

:cookoo:   

now  i'm done  with this  foolishness  want a  report  the  ice  tightened up  alot  and i  took a  walk  ...i'd  carry a spud  and  i  ain't  walking a  mile  out don't  go  now where  near  the  piar!  tannery is  still open  catchem  you know  the  other spot   ;D

Offline timothymills2012

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #111 on: Feb 03, 2012, 05:00 PM »
I did pretty good on big bay today..Some real nice gills and a few real nice crappies..Had to work for them but it was worth it!!!FULL BUCKET,in 8hrs of fishing..Going back tomorrow!!!

Offline raate

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #112 on: Feb 03, 2012, 05:10 PM »
I did pretty good on big bay today..Some real nice gills and a few real nice crappies..Had to work for them but it was worth it!!!FULL BUCKET,in 8hrs of fishing..Going back tomorrow!!!
Sounds just like my catch there today!   ;D See you there tomorrow...

Offline Sandman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Loud pipes save lives
« Reply #113 on: Feb 03, 2012, 06:50 PM »
Believe who and what you want
but
Raate posts only facts
De Opresso Liber
5th Special Forces Airborne..Mobil Launch Team 5
Vietnam

Offline timothymills2012

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #114 on: Feb 03, 2012, 08:24 PM »
I believe him...i don't tell fiction either.If the fishing wasn't as good as i say it was then i wouldn't say it was and i wouldn't be going back!!If i knew how to post pics i show my catch for the day...Happy fishing

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #115 on: Feb 03, 2012, 08:26 PM »
who  said  you  didn't  catch  fish  ..... ?????????

Offline basslover96

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Bass fishin'
« Reply #116 on: Feb 06, 2012, 05:58 PM »
How's the ice?

Offline timothymills2012

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #117 on: Feb 06, 2012, 06:56 PM »
Yesterday(sunday) the ice was good..5-6 inches..Don't think today hurt it much!!!It's gonna get cold again so i think the ice will be fine..Fishing on the other hand might get hard as there were a ton of people on big bay the whole weekend!!!

Offline raate

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #118 on: Feb 06, 2012, 09:23 PM »
Yesterday(sunday) the ice was good..5-6 inches..Don't think today hurt it much!!!It's gonna get cold again so i think the ice will be fine..Fishing on the other hand might get hard as there were a ton of people on big bay the whole weekend!!!
just came off...ice is still good and 5 inches, shoreline tight, a little mealy on top walking out in the afternoon sun, but after dark it froze back up slick and solid! Catching was off a little tonight, or maybe because i moved from where i have been catching them to find more bigger ones? either way, didn't get a keeper crappie tonight..all 8 1/2 inches... :( nice night full moon, and other groups out of from point near north bay.  ;D

Offline PwrBrkr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #119 on: Feb 07, 2012, 10:03 AM »
Some panfish, but about the lake,  really is it safe for anything but catch and release?  If you dare to trek out there.  Fished it in the summer a few years ago for kicks, alot of mud and silt.  Never tried in the winter.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.