New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: New state record!  (Read 11573 times)

Offline SHUTUPANDFISH

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: New state record!
« Reply #90 on: Feb 03, 2009, 01:28 PM »
Nope.  oh well

Offline Corporal Punishment

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #91 on: Feb 03, 2009, 02:27 PM »

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #92 on: Feb 03, 2009, 03:09 PM »
I could be wrong...it happened once before ::)

RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline deadsmelthead

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Length 47 3/4 " Girth 24" NY Northern Pike
« Reply #93 on: Feb 03, 2009, 03:34 PM »
There wld be more record fish cought if people didnt keep everything they catch,,i love gated or private lakes,, cause when you get the right to fish it,, its alot of fun and can b very rewarding...

If fish aren't taken out of a body of water over a period of time and they have no natural predators they are going to stunt out and screw any good genetics up, we the fisherman can make up for the lack of a predator. As far as fishing on a body of water that receives very limited fishing pressure, well I can't see the rewarding experience in that. I look at like fishing out of a barrel. Now if this guy did in fact catch this fish on a private lake it should be thrown out. WHY ?

Because, I said so..

Seriously, What about the guy who has been chasing that record on public water for the past 10 years or more ? What if the guy it originally belonged to put 20 years into chasing EYES, his record gets broken by, for all we know a fish taken out of a barrel.

MY 2 Cents on the matter.
TeamNumbnutts on youtube ... Subscribe !
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=teamnumbnutts&sm=3

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #94 on: Feb 03, 2009, 04:06 PM »

If fish aren't taken out of a body of water over a period of time and they have no natural predators they are going to stunt out and screw any good genetics up, we the fisherman can make up for the lack of a predator. As far as fishing on a body of water that receives very limited fishing pressure, well I can't see the rewarding experience in that. I look at like fishing out of a barrel. Now if this guy did in fact catch this fish on a private lake it should be thrown out. WHY ?

Because, I said so..

Seriously, What about the guy who has been chasing that record on public water for the past 10 years or more ? What if the guy it originally belonged to put 20 years into chasing EYES, his record gets broken by, for all we know a fish taken out of a barrel.

I think in PA a record is only verified if it is/was taken out of public water! ???

Offline derekopf

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #95 on: Feb 03, 2009, 06:04 PM »
Mystic Lake IS open to the public for ice fishing

Offline Game Hog

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Live to fish not fishin to live!!!
« Reply #96 on: Feb 04, 2009, 08:28 AM »
Mystic Lake IS open to the public for ice fishing
R U SHURE? I just got done on another site telling me that, that lake was not open to the public. Could be an error but It sounded to me that the owner of the prop/lake didn't want any one with out prior permission to be out on that lake due to the ins company

Offline ghostface

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #97 on: Feb 04, 2009, 08:34 AM »
I would have to say public or private it is the biggest let it stand. Your chances are better trolling kinzua in the spring then looking for secluded unfished spots and hoping that there is a giant walleye in an 1 acre lake.  And if it is so easy to pull these giant fish out of these private lakes then why did the record last as long as it did.
Its not the spot its the man fishing it

Offline timebomb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #98 on: Feb 04, 2009, 09:02 AM »
I would say that the state fish records are to document the largest fish of a particular species to come out of waters that are inside that states borders, period.  Did this fish come from waters that are inside the state borders, yes!  Is it a walleye, yes!  There for my friends - a state record.   
I hate to say it but your right. Saying that it can't be a state record would be like saying if you shoot a record deer on private land it doesn't count, it has to be shoot on public land. Know a days if that was the case we would have some small records, almost every thing is private. >:(
TimeBomb

Offline freshfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #99 on: Feb 04, 2009, 11:46 AM »
I hate to say it but your right. Saying that it can't be a state record would be like saying if you shoot a record deer on private land it doesn't count, it has to be shoot on public land. Know a days if that was the case we would have some small records, almost every thing is private. >:(
How about a fenced game farm within NYS??

Offline bugeyes

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #100 on: Feb 04, 2009, 12:29 PM »

Because, I said so..

I am new here, and just HAD to reply to this post!  I have driven past Mystic lake, which is located 1 1/2 miles from my front door, for VERY many years chasing eyes' on Kinzua.  I did stop one day a few years back and asked permission to ice fish from the present owner and was told "sorry, no".  As most locals here know, only a certain few are allowed to fish this old gravel pit.   So, I agree with Deadsmelthead 100%!!  Being a record fish, I would rather he caught this fish on kinzua, instead of a place that close my house that I am not allowed to participate!!  To me, it's a real nice fish, but not a record if I can't fish there too.  My .02 also.

Offline deadsmelthead

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Length 47 3/4 " Girth 24" NY Northern Pike
« Reply #101 on: Feb 04, 2009, 02:59 PM »
you know whats funny, all the people that are crying about the private pond/lake thing probably have there own land that is posted up tighter then a bulls a**. Let us go on your land!! Didn't think so, LOL Like the guy said before, that's life and it sucks!!

The big difference I see is that we the FISHERMAN pay for a lot of these fish to be stocked raised, and what have you...Land is a completely different story, you can't compare a LAKE ASSOCIATION to land owners.
TeamNumbnutts on youtube ... Subscribe !
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=teamnumbnutts&sm=3

Offline timebomb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #102 on: Feb 04, 2009, 05:33 PM »
How about a fenced game farm within NYS??
Well fenced in is a little different I think. If someone has a fenced in lake/pond and they let nature feed the fish then it should be legal. I think all fish that are recorded for the record should have its stomach contents examined to see if hand feed or not anyways. Now I know a lot of people are going to write back about that and some are going to wine, but if its going to be a record then lets make sure its as legal as it can be-No aquium fish. Believe me if they think its a hand fed fish there's way to find out. Hell if the dec can find out if an apple really came from a tree by your deer stand and not put there by you,they sure in the hell can find this out. Love to all.
 :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:
TimeBomb

Offline buckclub

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #103 on: Feb 04, 2009, 05:43 PM »
The big difference I see is that we the FISHERMAN pay for a lot of these fish to be stocked raised, and what have you...Land is a completely different story, you can't compare a LAKE ASSOCIATION to land owners.

I seriously doubt the state uses our FISHERMAN money spent on licenses to stock private waters.  I just can't think of any examples of the DEC going to stock some guys private ponds or small lakes.  If guys want to spend money to improve their lands or waters and gets a huge fish deer or turkey good for him. I say let it count as a record, as it will.

Offline derekopf

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #104 on: Feb 04, 2009, 05:58 PM »
A close relative called the owner of Mystic Resort for business purposes and asked about this fish and the resort. Thats what he told her.  I'm not trying to take anything away from the fish or record...just saying if you go and ask you might be able to fish there. Like there would be any more in there thats a whole nother story :laugh:

Offline NORTHWOODS

• IceShanty Rookie
  • guide
« Reply #105 on: Feb 04, 2009, 06:10 PM »
NICE EYE!!! WAY TO GO!!
that will make a nice sangwich!!!!!

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #106 on: Feb 09, 2009, 04:35 PM »
http://www.fishandboat.com/strecord.htm

PA State-Record Fish Program Rules

4.Fish must be caught in Pennsylvania waters open to the public without charge, fee, special permission or membership. Waters open to the public are those waters open without condition, restriction or requirement set forth by the landowner or lessor. Farm and private ponds, regulated fishing lakes, ponds or stream sections or waters restricted to use by club members or their guests are not considered open to the public, even if no fee is charged.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.