Author Topic: striker bibs ?  (Read 19326 times)

Offline capt.shay

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike and 'Eyes
Re: striker bibs ?
« Reply #90 on: Apr 03, 2013, 11:17 PM »
Got my Striker Ice Light bibs in the mail today.  Wooot! Woot!

"I will never stop targeting trophies, every skunk is one skunk closer to a giant "  RC

"We're going to sit around the shanty mama...."  Johnathan Edwards

"If you are going out there to figure it all out by yourself, well, ice has a
 learning curve second only to fire. I wish you the best of luck."    Looneyducer

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #91 on: Apr 03, 2013, 11:20 PM »
Got my Striker Ice Light suit in the mail today.  Wooot! Woot!
How's the durability factor? Is that one insulated John?

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #92 on: Apr 03, 2013, 11:22 PM »
John are you able to make the last gathering? Be great to have ya! !! Hoping more people attend from various areas to carpool. Seems like a few from far apart looking to carpool.

Offline capt.shay

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike and 'Eyes
« Reply #93 on: Apr 04, 2013, 11:16 AM »
How's the durability factor? Is that one insulated John?

Well, it is what it is, it is a lighter piece of gear.  The insulation is much thinner than the jacket.  I didn't want a suit that made me feel like the michilin man or was so warm I wouldn't want to wear it all the time.  They do feel quite warm but not with a snowmobile suit type bulkey way. 

As far as durability, time will tell.  It is not meant as a piece of work clothing and you don't get a carhart kind of bomb proof feeling to it.  But, you aren't suppose to.  It is made as a light warm water proof piece of outdoor active gear that will help keep you afloat if you go in.

As far as misses:

-They pad the knees internally but it would be much better if the did it with a codora type material externally for durability.
- I don't know what they were thinking with the shoulder straps.  They are Waaayyyyy to long.  going to have to do a little mod on that so I can cinch them up tight.
-I ordered a medium which is advertised 32-34 inch waist.  I have a 33 inch waist and these things are quite snug particularly in the chest.  This could have to do with my body build resembling that of a fire plug. 

I Should also note that this is a closeout sale and several of these issues are addressed in the newer model.

The tilts are put away until December.  I'll be out chasing the shiny eyes top water with my new bibs on under my chest waders!  Have fun and best of luck this weekend but in the words of the old Sargent from Hill Street Blues "Hey, Hey Hey, let's be careful out there!"

I'll be bopping in to the shanty and MFF every once in a while but I can be found on my summer fishing web hole
MaAnglers.com under the same user name.

Tight lines all!

"I will never stop targeting trophies, every skunk is one skunk closer to a giant "  RC

"We're going to sit around the shanty mama...."  Johnathan Edwards

"If you are going out there to figure it all out by yourself, well, ice has a
 learning curve second only to fire. I wish you the best of luck."    Looneyducer

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
« Reply #94 on: Apr 04, 2013, 11:31 AM »
Thanks for the report john. I just checked out MaAnglers.com, they must not want new members? It said registration was closed by the administrator?

Offline derekinhawaii

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #95 on: Apr 08, 2013, 08:41 AM »
I bought the full stricken ice suit... The extreme one this winter.... There were a few times that I only had on a pair of shorts underneath the bibs.  I was very comfortable.  I have no complaints at all on the warmth.   I did have a stitch loosen up in one of the jacket fleece lined pockets.  I called Stricker Ice.  He is paying for the shipping back to e company to stitch it back up. 

All in all, money well spent.  I've even used it while at work a few times.

Offline pikeking

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #96 on: May 14, 2013, 05:00 PM »
I got the Striker Ice Climate suit. I went out with a t shirt and sweat pants all season. Super warm and so comfortable... It FLOATS also...
If fishing was work I'd never be sick!

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #97 on: Aug 05, 2013, 09:50 PM »

the new bibs have adjustable lengths which helps guys with shorter inseams a few suits on the market aren't mix and match which suck for me med pants and a large jacket  , and one of the bibs has a zip out bib to make pants which I like

Offline krcat40

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #98 on: Aug 05, 2013, 09:53 PM »
where did you find the new line?

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #99 on: Aug 06, 2013, 06:27 AM »

at my buds house , hes a rep and had all the samples

Offline MeanDrLily

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #100 on: Dec 01, 2013, 09:02 AM »
Tried out my new pair of Striker Ice LITE bibs a couple of days ago. I picked them up for cheap from Korky's -- they were a closeout model.

I've never owned proper ice fishing bibs before. I've always used regular snowpants. The last few years I've been wearing a pair from Columbia. They were warm enough, and functional. I figured why bother with the fishing-specific models?

WOW what a difference! I bought them for the floatation factor, but I love them for everything else. I didn't realize how much of a difference the padded knees and seat make when on the ice. Since it was early ice, I went out without a shanty or chair, and was comfortable kneeling on the ice for extended periods of time.

It wasn't terribly cold (~30F), but the wind was picking up. I stayed plenty warm. My legs don't typically get cold, and I'd rather have more mobility than more insulation. The lite model seemed to be a perfect mix of insulation vs. thickness... I was warm on the ice, but not sweating balls when in the truck driving between lakes.

Feature specific notes:
- The cargo pockets were great for holding a couple of small bags of plastic baits. Easy to use with gloves on.
- Full-length side zippers made it easy to put them on. Even over size 15 boots.
- Adjustable inseam is a godsend for us tall guys. I'm 6'4", and they were plenty long.
- The EZP zipper lives up to it's name  ;)

I ordered a size too large (3XL), but that's what they had in stock at the clearance price. A 2XL would have been a much better fit, but would have cost 2x.

So far, I'm very happy. We'll see how they hold up over time before I make any final judgements.

Offline carcus1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #101 on: Dec 03, 2013, 08:15 AM »
My Dad bought the climate suit last season, unfortunately he ordered the wrong size jacket too small, so he ordered a size up and just kept the other jacket probably knowing I would buy it.  Late last season my AA bibs had a major blowout in the crotch region so last week I decided I better get a new pair of AA bibs or striker climate bibs, decided on the striker, they are on the way, my dad is happy with his, and they seem higher quality than the AA.
Ladywood, Manitoba, Canada

Offline reddot

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #102 on: Dec 09, 2013, 07:42 PM »
Got the Lite bibs last year.  They are the bomb. Wayward and comfy!  You will love em

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.