Author Topic: Striker Bibs  (Read 2979 times)

Offline akair

• IceShanty Rookie
Striker Bibs
« on: Feb 02, 2012, 03:25 PM »
I like both pairs, and I did all the reading about the Striker bibs on the forum lots of good info. I was wondering more about the frabill fxe bibs they look sound and if they are the same material that the black frabill bibs are made out of then I think they would be awesome. has anyone tried them or compared them to the strikers. I don't have access to see them first hand as I live in the interior of alaska and no one carries striker gear or the frabill fxe's. I know the cost is a little steep but I might be willing to try. What are the comparisons in insulation to each other it looks like the striker is thicker which might mean more weight less flexibility. Any info would be great.

Offline hunter991

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Striker Bibs
« Reply #1 on: Feb 03, 2012, 09:48 AM »
are you talking about the FXE stormsuit? i have that as a rain suit but there is no insulation. I wear it spring, summer and fall. You would have to really layer up in winter. If you referring to the stormsuit, it's great for keeping you dry. ONe of the best rain suits but not CHEAP.

Offline akair

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 03, 2012, 10:00 AM »
are you talking about the FXE stormsuit? i have that as a rain suit but there is no insulation. I wear it spring, summer and fall. You would have to really layer up in winter. If you referring to the stormsuit, it's great for keeping you dry. ONe of the best rain suits but not CHEAP.

Nope the snosuit  http://www.frabill.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Snosuit

Offline bullpine

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 08, 2013, 10:04 AM »
Got a pair of Striker Climates floating bibs, but can't afford the jacket right now at Christmas.  Will I still float or will I float upside down or something? ;D  Is the Striker jacket to warm to walk around the lake and hand drill holes?  I have all kinds of jackets already anyhow.   What about that Lite jacket anyone have one and does that one float or did they discontinue that one?

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 08, 2013, 10:20 AM »
the bibs will float you alone. to me if you can only get one or the other I would go with the bibs over the jacket for the simple fact that the bibs will float you enough to keep you above the water and get to the side of the hole and too good ice. the bibs will also help you get your legs up so you will have a easier time getting out. the floating jacket will do no good if you can't get your legs out of the water. 
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline ONFISH

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 08, 2013, 12:13 PM »
Was thinking of getting predator suit. Anyone used it yet? I fish in 1 man shelter and very seldom outside. Is predator not as warm as climate?

Offline ONFISH

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 09, 2013, 11:34 PM »
Bump

Offline Crappie slayer 36

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 09, 2013, 11:37 PM »
No, the climate suit is the warmest suit that striker offers hope this helps.

Offline Ekruger01

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 09, 2013, 11:42 PM »
the predator is the lightest of the three, then hardwater, then climate. the climate is the first two blended together. if you take the liners out its equal to the predator, with them in its as warm as the hardwater. If your looking for a still warm but something you can layer under, get the guardian, or duckblind. Im on staff with them. Pm me if you have any other questions. I am running the predator this year which replaced the light, it has some new features like cross diagonal venting and pass through pockets on the bibs. Its a great suit I have had it out a few times and its plenty warm if your moving around and sitting for mid length periods of time. If I was planning on sitting on a pail all day I would wear my climate.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.