Author Topic: Texsport heater  (Read 387 times)

Offline Dinosaur1

• Team IceShanty Regular
Texsport heater
« on: Jan 17, 2019, 02:45 PM »
Thermocouple on my Texsport heater went bad. Can use it by taping down the red button but can't find a replacement around. Has anyone found something that will work besides waiting for one from the company i want  to use it this weekend.

Offline Cjnstorm

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Texsport heater
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2019, 03:06 PM »
I use a small c clamp to hold my button, I had same problem, when i asked I got 50/50 response , get a new one or hold button in, the c clamp has been working for 2 years now.

Offline campingonh2o

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2019, 04:10 PM »
Be careful doing that. I have a friend that did this to his heater. He was fishing having a couple of beers then noticed the heater went out (wind must have blown out). With out thinking he grabbed his lighter and bent down to relight it. He tells me he saw a bright light and ringing in his ears (very loud BOOM), his flip over shanty no longer had fabric on it. He lost a lot of his facial hair and his lines were melted off the rods.  He was not seriously hurt but says he felt like an idiot (sitting in his shelter which no longer had any fabric attached and couldn't see or hear anything for a minute or two). With the button held in it allows gas to keep on flowing even if no flame!   BE CAREFUL

Offline backwoodswalker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2019, 03:22 AM »
Do a Google search on dissableing the thermocouple. A little epoxy glue and a pipe cap from hardware store will do it. Mine has been done like this for years. Do this at your own risk. Steve

Offline Dinosaur1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2019, 06:24 AM »
Thanks guys. Looks like it's gonna be tape for a while. Everybody sells heaters no one sells parts. Tried a regular thermocouple but found out it's a metric thread. I think a Mr. Heater will fit this but it will have to be mail ordered.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.