Author Topic: Youth Ice Fishing Day Update (concerning weather)  (Read 1073 times)

Offline Perch Freak

• Team IceShanty Regular
Youth Ice Fishing Day Update (concerning weather)
« on: Jan 07, 2014, 06:17 PM »
There looks to be some interesting weather headed our way for the weekend.  :-\
The youth ice fishing day will proceed as planned, but safety always comes first. If you plan to attend, please make sure your vehicle is equipped for winter conditions. Take your time and drive safe. Dress warm and bring some extra grub for lunch. If you know of others wanting to attend please advise them as well. We want everyone to make safe decisions about attending the event.
Thanks and we'll see you there.  :)

PS...Be sure to check out the Hardwater Classic on Jan 25th!

Offline treadhead

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Youth Ice Fishing Day Update (concerning weather)
« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2014, 07:11 PM »
Sorry, my wife and I probably won't make it. I have been down for a week with the crud that is going around and I don't think my lungs are up to the cold air yet.

Offline the chief

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 2014, 08:09 PM »
will be here with granddaughter ,niece nephew, if you need  holes drilled see me  I will help you , my wife and myself  will have a red shanty and ice shanty flag . have and be safe ;D 
Team Spudsickel 2012 1st place rainbow 2016 2nd place perch

Offline Doofus22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 2014, 08:14 PM »
Were is it going to be held at?
Plan for the worst, hope for the best!

Offline the chief

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 07, 2014, 08:17 PM »
horse thief res 9 miles out of cascade toward warm lake

Offline Bearsfan

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 07, 2014, 08:53 PM »
We are going rain or snow. Daughter, my nephew and daughters friend are penciled in, hopefully the cousins from the valley make it up. She's more excited this year than she was last year.

Offline elkhunter1834

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 07, 2014, 09:11 PM »
I plan on being up there also, Might just stay till noon then over to cacade for afternoon fishing

Offline Perch Freak

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 07, 2014, 09:25 PM »
Nice to hear a little weather isn't going to scare you guys off.  ;)

Be sure to swing the kids by the Idaho Youth Outdoors booth. We have a rod/reel combo for each kid to take home. Also, have some other goodies to hand out too.

Chief - If you can drill holes that would be great. Assistance to the folks that are in your general area after you set up would work best. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Offline Silverbullet555

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 07, 2014, 10:19 PM »
If we come, we won't be able to get there until 10-11. Is there any point in getting there that late or will everything be full?
James

Offline Perch Freak

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 07, 2014, 10:33 PM »
If we come, we won't be able to get there until 10-11. Is there any point in getting there that late or will everything be full?

It doesn't start until 10am and goes until 3pm. We have folks show up throughout that whole time. There is plenty of room to fish. The only thing that might run out is the hot dog lunch but they don't start serving until noon or so. You might have to walk a little after parking but the guys at IDFG will guide you to the closest available spot. If you are there between 10-11 you will be fine.
We'd rather have everybody show up later and drive safely, then have to be in a rush.
We'll see you up there!

Offline the chief

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 09, 2014, 10:28 AM »
they are saying snow and rain with 16 to 23 mile hour winds . if so I think I will wait to take to kids out. last year was -23 when they got there . was not much fun for the young one . if so I will take they to cascade next week end  need to enjoy the day with them and they need to have fun when  learning to ice fish. you all have a great if you go and be safe up and back.

Offline Perch Freak

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 09, 2014, 10:57 AM »
Yeah, I'm not to happy with the forecast, it's been changing every day so we'll keep our fingers crossed. Hopefully we'll get a little protection from the wind at Horsethief. Either way we plan to have snow and wind.
We plan to have this event for years to come and odds are we are going to get some undesirable weather various years. If anyone decides not to come we certainly understand and applaud good/safe decision making. There is always next year.  :)

Offline the chief

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 09, 2014, 11:03 AM »
just look at the road reports for 55 snow covered and falls rocks be careful and have a good trip.

Offline Bearsfan

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Jan 09, 2014, 10:25 PM »
Yeah rock falls indeed, about twenty minutes ago I heard a big rock fall, sounded like a heard of shoed horses running down the highway. Idaho kids are hearty individuals, just like their parents, if they don't catch fish then they will get awnry. ;)2 It's gonna be a good day. I can't wait to see a bunch of kid's catch their first fish through the ice.

Offline Bearsfan

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Jan 09, 2014, 11:02 PM »
Yeah and on top of all the weather issues just checked noaa website and they were saying that a solar storm is on it's way. Wow is that good for fishing and bad for the electrical grid? Hope so.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.