Author Topic: Winchester Lake Ice Fishing Derby???????????  (Read 2304 times)

Offline DakotaElkSlayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
Winchester Lake Ice Fishing Derby???????????
« on: Jan 29, 2011, 11:48 PM »
  Post all the details you folks have on this derby...times, entry fee, prizes, etc.

Jim

Offline icehogger84

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • No place I'd rather be, 'cept (ice)fishin' !!!
Re: Winchester Lake Ice Fishing Derby???????????
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2011, 11:19 AM »
Hey Jim,

Let me know as soon as possible, please. My work schedule is now 6 days a week, 10 hrs a day and I'll need to give them a heads up.

Thanks, Hogger

Offline idaho4life

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 2011, 12:52 AM »
Feb. 19th....8am - 2pm at the state park.
$5 entry fee and I think kids are free.
Trout Only.......longest length of all 6 fish combined wins.
Thats all I know, there is a flyer on the Gateway store window in Winchester.

Offline dkowinchester

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 31, 2011, 01:15 PM »
  copy of poster.

Offline DakotaElkSlayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2011, 12:02 AM »
  Called and talked to Brock at the state park today.  He started working at the park last October and is working on this derby.  Basically, if you have a state park sticker, it is free.  Prizes are going to be a "gift basket" of sorts for the top three people in each division.  I, and my LazerMag will be there nice and early on that Saturday to drill holes.  Brock is going to talk to the F&G people about helping out, too.  Keeping my fingers crossed for a good turn-out....  Since the family is out-of-town that weekend, I will be able to spend the day helping newbies out on the ice.  Figure I will catch enough fish on Friday for me to take it easy on Saturday.
  Oh ya, the Spring Valley Derby last Saturday....Kody, my six-year-old son took second place in the 6-10 year old division.  ;D

Jim

Brentster7189

« Reply #5 on: Feb 01, 2011, 01:07 PM »
So looking over on the Magic derby thread it is the same weekend.  Need to have better coordination between all these derbies in case you wanted to do them all.

Offline DakotaElkSlayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 01, 2011, 08:19 PM »
So looking over on the Magic derby thread it is the same weekend.  Need to have better coordination between all these derbies in case you wanted to do them all.

By the looks of it, so is Cascade's!

Jim

Offline DakotaElkSlayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Feb 05, 2011, 01:46 PM »
Those around here, spread the word about Winchester's derby...  F&G is going to be there with 50 ice combos for people without equipment to use.  Tell people all they need to do is dress warm enough and bring some snacks.

Jim

Offline idaho4life

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 14, 2011, 10:15 PM »
I went to Winchester today, the ice is still 5"-14" depending on where you are at.  Some spots were getting pretty sloppy but this cold forcasted for the next few days should harden things up.  Talked to Brock today at the state park and he said the derby is still on!!  Look foreward to seeing you all up there on saturday, it should be a good time!!

Offline DakotaElkSlayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Feb 15, 2011, 10:08 PM »
  Will be fishing Friday and spending the night in a yurt with some buddies...

Jim

Offline DakotaElkSlayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
FUN TIMES!!!!
« Reply #10 on: Feb 19, 2011, 07:43 PM »
  Just got back from Winchester...  The ice conditions on that side of the lake was sloppy, but plenty of safe ice...the holes that I drilled were between 9"+ to 14".  Our own Idaho4Life was the champion of the 13years old and older group!!!  My buddy Tucker who came out with me placed 2nd; and this was basically his first time ice fishing and most of his fish were taken with the use of the mighty Jigger Totter.  They made a huge difference; on standard rod holders they would only hit it once and swim on.  With the JT's, they played with the bait much longer giving one plenty of time to set the hook.  Weather was great and everyone had a great time.

Jim

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.