Author Topic: Older model fishtrap 2 runner/wear strips and frabill solo seat modification  (Read 2406 times)

Offline Iceman Cometh

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Walker
I have an older model fishtrap 2 and was wondering what size runner/wear strips I should buy? Also, I'm buying an older frabill solo (could be an ultra-lite) Friday and the seat appears to be simply a padded square plastic top over the storage area in the center. Any one have one of these, and if so, what modifications did you do to it to mount a boat seat/portable canoe seat in it?
"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, Infinite." --- William Blake

"There are things known and things unknown...in between are THE DOORS." --- Jim Morrison

stinky

As far as the fish trap 2 if thats a 2 man trap like the guide then get the runners for the guide. They should work just fine. Otherwise find some snow ski's at a garage sale or in the trash and bolt them to the bottom.

Offline HEADHUNTER

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Praying for 3 more weeks of ice!
Kim,

You sure you want to get that ultra lite?  I saw one at sporrtmart and it looked really cheap.  Have you seen the eskimo line or even the scout?  I know you are not very pro genz products :-) from your posts last year but IMHO the ultra lite just isnt worth the $.

JR

Offline Iceman Cometh

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Walker
Yep, bought it last week- I know it doesn't compare to the other models, but I paid $70.00 for it, cleaned out the change drawer and it ended up only costing me $25.00! Plus Lonzo was nice enough to drive from champaign to peoria so i wouldn't have to pay for shipping/gas. How are the QuickFlip (Linder) models? Ever fished frrom one?
"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, Infinite." --- William Blake

"There are things known and things unknown...in between are THE DOORS." --- Jim Morrison

Offline HEADHUNTER

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Praying for 3 more weeks of ice!
I have seen the eskimo quickflip. Is that linder's model?  I fished on the practice day of the trap attack last year on Channel Lake and saw the Eskimo quick flip. I thought it was decent.

Hey, Im all about a bargain! BArgain is my middle name!  I shopped around for a month before I broke down and bought a decent heater last year. Loooks like you did well on that purchase...a few homemade modifications and you are rockin and rollin.   Good luck this year!  Bring on the ice!

JR

Offline Iceman Cometh

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Walker
All I have to do to it is put in a boat seat and away we go! I've got more huts than boats now (my plastic 2 man boat cracked up on me finally this summer it was over 25 years old!)! Good luck to you too on the hardwater this season-if it ever comes-did you see the forecast(bummer!)?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.