The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: It Never Really Goes Away  (Read 8701 times)

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: It Never Really Goes Away
« Reply #30 on: Aug 02, 2006, 05:25 PM »
hang in there boys! we'll be on the downhill stretch soon! at least in the winter you can put more clothes on when its cold. when its hot well...ITS HOT!! not too much you can do about it. come back old man winter, please!!

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #31 on: Aug 02, 2006, 05:26 PM »
I bought a 15 cubic foot chest freezer just to climb into it with my jiggin' stick! ;D

Just kidding, I needed it for beef. Long story short, I had to butcher a 1000lb Herford cow in 100 degree heat :blink:. That is something I hope I never have to do again. Anyway, her final resting place in in my new Frigidaire in the basement.

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Aug 02, 2006, 06:20 PM »
I bought a 15 cubic foot chest freezer just to climb into it with my jiggin' stick! ;D

Just kidding, I needed it for beef. Long story short, I had to butcher a 1000lb Herford cow in 100 degree heat :blink:. That is something I hope I never have to do again. Anyway, her final resting place in in my new Frigidaire in the basement.

That had to be a tight fit.  ;D
Ken                                          

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #33 on: Aug 02, 2006, 08:42 PM »
That had to be a tight fit.  ;D

Me or the cow? I never really climbed in, but the cow fit with room to spare. She made a whoooole lotta hamburger!

Offline Bassbug

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Aug 03, 2006, 06:30 PM »
YOU GUYS ARE SICK BASS TURDS.  IT'S SUMMER TIME.  ENJOY THIS WHILE THE WEATHER IS GOOD CAUSE IT WON'T STAY LIKE THIS FOR LONG.
enough is enough

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #35 on: Aug 03, 2006, 08:15 PM »
YOU GUYS ARE SICK BASS TURDS.  IT'S SUMMER TIME.  ENJOY THIS WHILE THE WEATHER IS GOOD CAUSE IT WON'T STAY LIKE THIS FOR LONG.

Go play with your friends, the mosquitoes and the black flies!  :P :P :P :P ;D

Offline oldfox

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Aug 04, 2006, 02:55 PM »
ENJOY THIS WHILE THE WEATHER IS GOOD CAUSE IT WON'T STAY LIKE THIS FOR LONG.

Lord lets hope it doesn't!! :cookoo:  ;D

Offline pegasus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THINK ICE
« Reply #37 on: Aug 04, 2006, 07:53 PM »
You know it's hot when your boot soak though from the inside out. I just hope the tropics stay calm and the hurricanes stay in Cuba. We still have two months before the cold fronts shear them away from the Northeast. Twenty-six more days left in this month, getting close to moose hunting season. Are you getting excited Jerry?
Steve

Offline oldfox

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Aug 05, 2006, 05:44 AM »
You know it's hot when your boot soak though from the inside out. I just hope the tropics stay calm and the hurricanes stay in Cuba. We still have two months before the cold fronts shear them away from the Northeast. Twenty-six more days left in this month, getting close to moose hunting season. Are you getting excited Jerry?

Yes Steve, I'm gettin' a bit excited !....but I think my son in law is more hyped up then I am, especially when I told him he was the one that would take the first shot!  ;D....arrangements are all made, list of stuff to take is about done...now if we can have some cool weather for that week, I'll be happy!

Offline ifishhi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Aug 05, 2006, 09:07 AM »
where you going to go? for the moose

M.P.H.C. freedomfighter #000004

Offline oldfox

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Aug 05, 2006, 11:19 AM »
where you going to go? for the moose

I'll be going to Grand Lake Stream, WMD 19...first week..

Offline pegasus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THINK ICE
« Reply #41 on: Aug 05, 2006, 06:36 PM »
42 degrees tonight Jerry. It was a great day on the water today. I caught about three hundred pounds and set another ten pair. I have next week off so I can put all my efforts in lobstering. got to make hay while the sun shines. Our DU banquet is coming along fine and looks like this will be a great event this year. The dog is still doing good on her pills.
Steve

Offline oldfox

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Aug 06, 2006, 06:48 AM »
42 degrees tonight Jerry. It was a great day on the water today. I caught about three hundred pounds and set another ten pair. I have next week off so I can put all my efforts in lobstering. got to make hay while the sun shines. Our DU banquet is coming along fine and looks like this will be a great event this year. The dog is still doing good on her pills.

About 50 here this AM....looks like a cool week after tomorrow...could an early frost be on its way ??? ;D....Congrads on your lobstering! :thumbsup: ,and good luck next week!

Offline pegasus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THINK ICE
« Reply #43 on: Aug 06, 2006, 06:48 PM »
It never made it out of the fifties last night. It was still fifty-two at 1:30 a.m. when I let the cat out. I've got a doe and her fawn in the yard tonight. The fawn still has spots. Looking across to Duck Island it's flat calm, not a ripple on the water. Spent all day mowing the lawn, weeding the gardens and working on the well. My well is eight feet deep and spring fed. I can't pump it dry but it does require maintenance every once in a while. I got to get all the warm weather work done so that I can go ice fishing without any interruptons.
Steve

Offline oldfox

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Aug 12, 2006, 11:51 AM »
It never made it out of the fifties last night. It was still fifty-two at 1:30 a.m. when I let the cat out. I've got a doe and her fawn in the yard tonight. The fawn still has spots. Looking across to Duck Island it's flat calm, not a ripple on the water. Spent all day mowing the lawn, weeding the gardens and working on the well. My well is eight feet deep and spring fed. I can't pump it dry but it does require maintenance every once in a while. I got to get all the warm weather work done so that I can go ice fishing without any interruptons.

Sounds like nature at her best Steve :)....cool here last night...was 44 when I got up around 4:30 !....going up to look over the moose hunting area tomorrow morning...about a 3 hour drive from here I would think...I'll look over the areas you mentioned...I'll try the coffee can...if ya don't hear from me, its 'cause I was attacked by a crazed bull ::)...

Offline ifishhi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Aug 12, 2006, 09:17 PM »
good luck oldfox, keep an eye out in high bogs ;)

Offline pegasus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THINK ICE
« Reply #46 on: Aug 15, 2006, 06:29 PM »
Three more weeks in August, DU banquet first week September, bird hunting and deer hunting October and November, and if it gets cold early this year ice fishing in December. :woot:
Steve

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #47 on: Aug 15, 2006, 07:03 PM »
ICE ON BEFORE THANKSGIVING......

MARK MY WORDS!!!!

Offline pegasus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THINK ICE
« Reply #48 on: Aug 15, 2006, 07:37 PM »
It would be nice to hang the deer out in the cold for a while. Our coldest week is the week after Christmas. I still have some wood to split now that we start talking about cold weather. It fells real good to have the wood stove going while it's snowing outside.
Steve

Offline ifishhi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #49 on: Aug 15, 2006, 07:43 PM »
ICE ON BEFORE THANKSGIVING......

MARK MY WORDS!!!!
as long as it's drivable on newyears i'm good. game fish doesn't open till jan 1st.

Offline pegasus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THINK ICE
« Reply #50 on: Aug 15, 2006, 07:49 PM »
I wonder if Pike are going to be in the game fish category or trash fish category?
Steve

Offline ifishhi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #51 on: Aug 15, 2006, 07:54 PM »
you said the "P" word  :o .trash

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #52 on: Aug 16, 2006, 06:35 AM »
definately trash...cant wait to take out the garbage this wintah!!   ;D

Offline tbtool

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fishing- what i live and die for
« Reply #53 on: Aug 16, 2006, 06:54 AM »
It always feels like icefishing to me.  Since i run an icefishing derby ive always got it on my mind.  Plus ive been trapping bait since the beginning of august.  Im gonna stock pile them, so i never run out

Offline pegasus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THINK ICE
« Reply #54 on: Aug 16, 2006, 08:41 AM »
The bait fish I released in the pond in front of  the house have hatched out millions. The Kingfishers are lined up on the power lines having a field day.
Steve

Offline oldfox

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #55 on: Aug 16, 2006, 12:54 PM »
The bait fish I released in the pond in front of  the house have hatched out millions. The Kingfishers are lined up on the power lines having a field day.

Maybe you need to open a bait shop up there Steve....extra spending for those "toys"..  ;D

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #56 on: Aug 16, 2006, 03:21 PM »
as long as it's drivable on newyears i'm good. game fish doesn't open till jan 1st.

I fish pannies as soon as the ice is somewhat safe.

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #57 on: Aug 16, 2006, 03:29 PM »
me too soon as its walkable ill be chasing crappie...

Offline ifishhi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #58 on: Aug 16, 2006, 03:49 PM »
i'll get to the crappie shack this year. bring the stove,  i'm cooking....i gotta try some crappie.

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #59 on: Aug 16, 2006, 04:07 PM »
stove will be built in...3 burners and the woodstove for coffee...well drop em in the oil still flipping!!  MMMM yummy!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.