The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Ice and cold Water/ Pics  (Read 838 times)

Offline bee

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Ice and cold Water/ Pics
« on: Nov 18, 2015, 01:59 PM »
Today we had to overcome the ice. And the 22 degree temp. Also an outboard that was a bugger to get started. And last of all a trolling motor that failed us. But we got bit. My new Helix 7 with the Ice Transducer hooked up is doing a good job.

Thats Why They Call It Fishing.

Offline Anomaly

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Formerly clamfarmer
Re: Ice and cold Water/ Pics
« Reply #1 on: Nov 18, 2015, 02:01 PM »
Thanks bee!

You guys look almost dressed for ice.
"You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear and that’s kind of the same thing.” 

Offline wiredstone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 18, 2015, 03:58 PM »
NICE !! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
MAY YOUR FLAGS FLY HIGH & YOUR LINES BE TIGHT.

Offline csiacd78

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 18, 2015, 04:50 PM »
I've been checking these out (online). Was originally looking at an Ice 45, then started seeing these and like the option to use year round (helps justify prices). Have you used yours trolling or just in the flasher mode? Did you need to get a different transducer for ice fishing?

Offline bee

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 18, 2015, 05:43 PM »
I've been checking these out (online). Was originally looking at an Ice 45, then started seeing these and like the option to use year round (helps justify prices). Have you used yours trolling or just in the flasher mode? Did you need to get a different transducer for ice fishing?

Whats Trolling? The reason for the Ice transducer is the makeup of the cable which stays limber and the xducer hangs vertical. You can make a system and use the regular xducer. I have used it with both xducers and sonar mode also.
Thats Why They Call It Fishing.

Offline franklin fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Nov 18, 2015, 06:53 PM »
  I thought about taking the day off and going fishing myself today.  Turns out I just wasn't able to, but I was thinking of you guys first thing this morning.  I thought to myself  " I bet bee has to break some ice this morning".  Way to go. Thanks for the update. Nice fish.

Offline Epkomd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 19, 2015, 12:16 AM »
That place looks awefully familiar bee, if its where I'm thinking I haven't been in there for a couple years. Nice fish! I might just have to get out this weekend

Offline Anomaly

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Formerly clamfarmer
« Reply #7 on: Nov 19, 2015, 07:30 AM »
Whats Trolling?

bee’s trolling method

That place looks awefully familiar bee, if its where I'm thinking I haven't been in there for a couple years. Nice fish! I might just have to get out this weekend

The fish look familiar too.  @)
"You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear and that’s kind of the same thing.” 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.