Author Topic: frabill universal rod holder  (Read 2733 times)

Offline jr50

• Team IceShanty Regular
frabill universal rod holder
« on: Jan 02, 2018, 06:18 PM »
I am looking for some of the Frabill universal rod holders like the one in the link below.  The only place I can find the for sale is on a website protacklewalleyeshop.c om  I have never ordered anything from Canada but when I go to checkout it says the shipping amount will be sent to me before order is placed.  I had these in my shelter I sold a couple years ago.  These were the easiest rod holder and a very simple design for flip over shelters.  If I had a welder I would make my own but I don't.  Does anyone know where a person could find these?

http://www.frabill.com/universal-fishing-rod-holder.html

jr50

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
<===Lefty===

Offline jr50

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: frabill universal rod holder
« Reply #2 on: Jan 02, 2018, 06:44 PM »
There is no place to order from the site that I have found.  I did contact their customer service through email to see if they have them for sale, but have not heard back yet.

jr50

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Jan 02, 2018, 07:16 PM »
OH, I see what you mean. There are other things you can order but that item must be out of stock or discontinued.
<===Lefty===

Offline Dave R

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 02, 2018, 10:03 PM »
I am looking for some of the Frabill universal rod holders like the one in the link below.  The only place I can find the for sale is on a website protacklewalleyeshop.c om  I have never ordered anything from Canada but when I go to checkout it says the shipping amount will be sent to me before order is placed.  I had these in my shelter I sold a couple years ago.  These were the easiest rod holder and a very simple design for flip over shelters.  If I had a welder I would make my own but I don't.  Does anyone know where a person could find these?

http://www.frabill.com/universal-fishing-rod-holder.html

jr50

X2 Been looking for some as well.

Offline jr50

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 03, 2018, 09:24 PM »
Still no word from Frabill.  I am guessing it's a discontinued item but have no idea why since it was a simple effective design.  Hopefully they get back to me soon.

Jr50

Offline Chris Ossman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 03, 2018, 09:34 PM »
I just bought 2 pair from the Plano Moulding Outlet store in Plano IL. I do not know if they will ship but it is worth a shot.   Give them a call 630-552-9442. They are open Tue through Sat 9 to 5 I believe

Offline jr50

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 03, 2018, 09:35 PM »
Thanks, I will check into it.

Offline PerchN2040

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 05, 2018, 05:44 PM »
I have them on my one man flip over. They are great rod holders for the flips. I don't know why they would discontinue them but now I will try to remember to take them off if I ever sell it.

Offline Hawkeye7

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 06, 2018, 11:48 PM »
Thanks, I will check into it.

Did you have any luck with the outlet shipping them to you?

I  am also trying to find those rod holders.

Thanks

Offline jr50

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 07, 2018, 08:55 AM »
I was told by the person who answered that they didn't have any and that they don't ship from the store.  I called frabill customer service and he said they are on back order.  I ended up making some with flat iron and some bushings I got from a hardware store.  Welded them together and put JB Weld on the bushings so it was not sharp and cutting rod handles.  I'm putting them in this morning and going out today to try them out.  I will try to get pictures of them to put on here.

Jr50

Offline Hook-N-Cook

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Mar 21, 2019, 02:53 PM »
I know this is a year old, but I got tired of trying to find a used one of these. So, I got one off a friends sled, and had a bunch CNC cut.  They are one piece unlike the originals that were two piece and welded together.  So there’s no breaking point now.  $12 each. The yellow image was the original, and the new ones are the new ones that are made

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Mar 21, 2019, 03:03 PM »
Nice, I usually end up making my own stuff too.
I know this is a year old, but I got tired of trying to find a used one of these. So, I got one off a friends sled, and had a bunch CNC cut.  They are one piece unlike the originals that were two piece and welded together.  So there’s no breaking point now.  $12 each. The yellow image was the original, and the new ones are the new ones that are made

Offline Philip

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Mar 21, 2019, 04:33 PM »
So how exactly do these mount? Does the rod end up being held vertically?
Team Comfy Skunks

Offline Hook-N-Cook

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Mar 21, 2019, 06:06 PM »
Than sit out or drop them farther to be more upright.  I like them since you put on bolt in and they can turn back into the sled and out of the way.  Or they are great for holding the rods as you move from one spot on ice to another

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.