The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: lake quinsigamond  (Read 6099 times)

andyj1983

lake quinsigamond
« on: Mar 16, 2005, 09:09 AM »
any body fish up there yet this year would like to know ice cond fish being caught etc

Offline hangfire

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: lake quinsigamond
« Reply #1 on: Mar 16, 2005, 01:51 PM »
My buds and I have about 7 full days there in the last 3 weeks. there is about 8-10 inches of ice where we are fishing. The lake is starting to open up where the flows are. We are fishing big bait looking for pike and getting very few flags and no fish.

Offline buckmanJR86

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 16, 2005, 01:58 PM »
never heard of it, probaby because no one can say it :D  :D  ;)2

Offline suckerbait

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 16, 2005, 03:25 PM »
I have fished it a few times this year. I also have been fishing big bait. I have caught a few sublegal pike and one sublegal tiger, but that has been it. I did weigh a tiger for another angler that was just short of 12 pounds. If you go use caution as this body of water can have a lot of thin areas especially at this time of year. With some common sense we should be ice fishing until the 1st of April or possibly longer in the Berkshires.

Offline hangfire

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 16, 2005, 03:43 PM »
Suckerbait, Did he put the tiger back? What end are you fishing? We have been in the SS beach area with no luck. We might move to flint pond this weekend. You are very right about being carefull out there. Places out there are opening up fast.

Offline suckerbait

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 17, 2005, 03:01 PM »
The tiger unfortunately was kept. That tiger and my sublegal tiger came out of the Flint Pond section. The two sublegal pike both came out of the south basin. I have not heard of any real big pike caught this year. I have made three trips and have had only five flags fishing big bait both alive and dead.

Offline hangfire

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Mar 24, 2005, 08:51 AM »
Anybody been on Quinsig lately? I missed last weekend but got a 3 dayer this week. Looking to spend Fri. out there. Just wondering how the ice is.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.