Author Topic: Elwood  (Read 4471 times)

Offline wrestler140

• IceShanty Rookie
Elwood
« on: Dec 24, 2007, 01:09 PM »
Me and another guy fished elwood last night lots of good ice but there still are some unsafe spots we were very carefull checking the ice like every 50 ft it wasnt a bad trip we caught 3 nice crappies and a 40 inch northern on the crappie poles so he put up a good fight

Offline TMFLDEM

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Elwood
« Reply #1 on: Dec 24, 2007, 03:21 PM »
good deal, i have been wondering how the ice is over there. hopefully it doesnt get to nice out this week so we can keep what ice we have.. thx for the report

Offline walleye4

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice, Ice, BABY!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 24, 2007, 06:34 PM »
OK..................Wh o wants to go on Thursday?????????? :tipup:

OH NO, I have Jig-a-nitis!  Very deadly disease!!!

Offline fatjackedd

• IceShanty Rookie
  • DOINK!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 24, 2007, 06:52 PM »
wheres this lake at?

Offline walleye4

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice, Ice, BABY!!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 24, 2007, 09:32 PM »
Elwood is in Central NE south of Lexington.

Offline frozen1

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I got a fever and the only cure is more ice fishn!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 24, 2007, 10:59 PM »
Hey Greg,
Guess where I'm going to be this weekend. Heading to the in-laws this weekend and we'll probably fish Elwood. Are you going to the refuge lakes?
Chad

Offline walleye4

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice, Ice, BABY!!!!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 24, 2007, 11:32 PM »
NO, not heading up now.  One of the guys going had a death in the family and I got stuff going on Sat.  If I can find someone to go this week, I am going to head for KS.  We might need to think about that too!  Think Tom might want to go Thursday?  I might give him a call Tomorrow evening and see. :tipup:

Offline frozen1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 25, 2007, 07:29 AM »
I think Tom will be in Omaha on thursday. I think a bunch of his friends from where he retired are getting together. He'll be back on Friday. We are coming Saturday night and will be staying until next Tuesday. We plan on doing some ice fishing. Hopefully the ice will cooperate.
Chad

NO, not heading up now.  One of the guys going had a death in the family and I got stuff going on Sat.  If I can find someone to go this week, I am going to head for KS.  We might need to think about that too!  Think Tom might want to go Thursday?  I might give him a call Tomorrow evening and see. :tipup:

Offline TMFLDEM

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 25, 2007, 07:41 PM »
what up chad..

I have been dreaming of a glorious ice trip to one of the canyon lakes all day. That may be another option...

Offline frozen1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Dec 26, 2007, 12:41 AM »
what up chad..

I have been dreaming of a glorious ice trip to one of the canyon lakes all day. That may be another option...

;D ;D ;D I'm ready!!!!! ;D ;D ;D
Sunday will definitely be the best day for us to go. Tom said the ramp at Elwood is a sheet of ice and getting gear off the lake my be a problem. We're willing to try some of the canyon lakes, Sherman, or Kansas. Just tell us when and where and we'll be ready!
Chad

Offline TMFLDEM

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 26, 2007, 07:03 AM »
sounds good to me chad.. i dont know whats going on for sure yet, but when i figure sumthing out ill let ya know. maybe greg has sumthin up his sleeve...

Offline wrestler140

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 26, 2007, 08:31 AM »
Ya I should have mentioned that I drove down the ramp and barely made it back up had to get over on the edge to get up in four wheel drive with a run at it but think its definetly worth it im headed out there this morning to try my luck

Offline walleye4

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice, Ice, BABY!!!!!!!!
« Reply #12 on: Dec 26, 2007, 09:51 AM »
sounds good to me chad.. i dont know whats going on for sure yet, but when i figure sumthing out ill let ya know. maybe greg has sumthin up his sleeve...

OH..........I got something up my sleeve alright Dane! ;D  I am just waiting on an email to see just how far up my sleeve it is! With a little reworded line from one of my favorite songs:

"Go south young Icefisherman, haven't you been told, KS is full of ICE and CRAPPIE GOLD" 8)

Offline frozen1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Dec 26, 2007, 10:02 PM »
OH..........I got something up my sleeve alright Dane! ;D  I am just waiting on an email to see just how far up my sleeve it is! With a little reworded line from one of my favorite songs:

"Go south young Icefisherman, haven't you been told, KS is full of ICE and CRAPPIE GOLD" 8)

Let me know what you find out Greg. I wouldn't mind hitting Kansas since I bought a annual liscense and haven't been back since we went ice fishing down there.

Wrestler140 - How thick was the ice at Elwood and let us know how you did today.

Chad

Offline wrestler140

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Dec 27, 2007, 11:28 AM »
anywhere from 3 to 5 inches in spots i dont suggest going out in the middle of the afternoon had some ice start to crack on us on the way back but no problems in the morning we didnt catch much we went all the way to the trees if you know what im talking about

Offline wrestler140

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Dec 27, 2007, 11:30 AM »
I also would like to know whats going on in Kansas have some time off and if the fish were biting would like to head down there i got a mr buddy heater yesterday and man talk about keeping the shanty warm

Offline TMFLDEM

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Dec 27, 2007, 07:48 PM »
we may be headed down to KS in the mornin, depending on weather. Then sat i have some unfinished bussiness with some mallards and geese, then right back to fishin sunday..

Offline wrestler140

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Dec 27, 2007, 08:09 PM »
I plan on getting up and going in the morning thought about going up to the refuge but dont know about the weather have any suggestions on somwhere good to go tommorow

Offline walleye4

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice, Ice, BABY!!!!!!!!
« Reply #18 on: Dec 27, 2007, 09:45 PM »
Are you ready to hit some crappie & wipers Dane?  I am certainly ready!!!!!!  Call me in the morning. :tipup:

Offline Shappysnagger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Jan 04, 2008, 12:43 PM »
I was with wrestler40 on his Elwood trip, it was by far not a 40in pike.... but merely one of the dozens of small walleye swimming around in there with fishhunter44's broken off flicker shads in their mouths. An hour or so later after his conciousness was regained from the numorous times of not realizing the pilot light went out on his Mr.Heater, he came up with this bogus idea of heading down to kirwin to pursue this beast of the 30lb crappie kind. Well I must of been in that smokey doll house he calls his ice shack a little to long myself because I listened ::) So after a few words of advice from walleye4, I followed wrestler40 out onto the ice in hopes of reoccuring events from the past trip hes never mentioned on here. We set up doll house and 5 hours later, I had what I'd came for while the only 30lb. crappie he'd ever hooked onto was the 30lbs. of gear he was forced to drag back to his jeep.  ;D

Always remember.......You buy what you pay for

Shappysnagger, to most known as Trevor Nation

Offline TMFLDEM

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Jan 04, 2008, 03:11 PM »
Yeah i hear you guys had a bad run in Ks the other day. Thats no good. Thought about goin over to elwood this weekend but a wedding tonight is stopping me from checking the ice tonight for tomorrow. What was the ice like last time you were there?

Offline Shappysnagger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Jan 06, 2008, 11:59 AM »
I dont know for sure, I really wasnt with him but I thought he said 3 inches or so near shore but I think that was 3 weeks or more ago...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.