The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Underwater Cameras on CF  (Read 1362 times)

Offline MTblackice

• IceShanty Rookie
Underwater Cameras on CF
« on: Jan 09, 2013, 10:25 PM »
Anyone ever use a camera on CF? I know with the old technology you couldn't see much, I didn't know if it was any better with the new cameras.

Thanks

Steve 

Offline steelerod

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Underwater Cameras on CF
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10, 2013, 09:20 AM »
my wife uses one. Its not ideal, can pick up jigs about 3 feet away(maybe a little more if you know what your looking at). Pretty murky but you can see whats going on. She was using it in 45 feet of water last weekend.

Offline Griztrax

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2013, 11:33 AM »
That water is pretty murky especially at depths below 15 feet or so.  I've tried it a couple times with pretty limited success seeing fish.  Did get a nice look at a big ole ling on Canyon Ferry a couple years ago.  Was fun to see that fish snaking along the bottom. 

IceCreeper

« Reply #3 on: Jan 10, 2013, 12:26 PM »
Waste of time,low vis.

Offline NorthernAngler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 38.5 Inches of Power
« Reply #4 on: Jan 10, 2013, 01:27 PM »
ill disagree here. I have one and it works great. It has 4 different lenses that allows you to switch views. Now, it will not be very clear if the water in murky. I usually do not go below 20 feet of water, it does help the view with sunlight in the water. I find after 25-30 feet it gets hard to see. My camera does have LED lights the help see. It really helps with watching how the fish react to your jigging motion and setting the hook. You do need to spend around 300 - 400 dollars for a decent product. It works good for me. And fun as hell.
NorthernAnglers - "You Catch It, I'll Put It On The Wall"

IceCreeper

« Reply #5 on: Jan 10, 2013, 01:43 PM »
Thats the point on the south end the water is always murky.Ive got a pretty decent one and you cant see far enough to make it worth the while,even with the led lights you have to be so close to the bait it probably does more bad than good.

Offline NorthernAngler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 38.5 Inches of Power
« Reply #6 on: Jan 10, 2013, 07:53 PM »
Camera goes in the lake not your coffee cup....
NorthernAnglers - "You Catch It, I'll Put It On The Wall"

Offline MTblackice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 10, 2013, 10:23 PM »
Thanks for the replies. That was what I thought but was just wondering about the new technology.

Offline steelerod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 11, 2013, 12:35 AM »
Just realized it was you asking Steve. I can let you take a look a Cerece's if you want. It's an aquaview color HD with LED lights. I dont know that its worth the money....  You guys going up there in the next couple weekends? Finally got up there for the first time last Sunday, it was ugly couldn't find a fish anywhere.
Bob

Offline MTblackice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 11, 2013, 08:27 PM »
Hey Bob id love to try out the camera, just to try it out and see for myself. I was up there on Monday and knocked the crap out of them. I caught a limit of jumbos and 4 walleye.  It was pretty good. I was thinking about going back up this weekend but may not due to how cold it is. I will PM you later. I work on saturdays so I would only be able to go on sundays or Mondays if ya wanted to go.

Offline steelerod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 11, 2013, 08:40 PM »
I gotta work tommorow too, hammered out 4 limits of ducks today for the last day of season, but is was a long cold day. would have been real cold on the pond I bet.  We may give it a shot Sunday.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.