Author Topic: wiring 12v lights and fans 4X8 permy  (Read 1128 times)

Offline mabagan

• IceShanty Rookie
wiring 12v lights and fans 4X8 permy
« on: Nov 28, 2013, 04:10 PM »
Looking for advice on how to wire 12v lights and fans for my first 4x8
Permy. Plan is to just have a battery and can bring home to recharge when needed.
Ideally would like both on switches to turn on and off.
Other input on 12v led fixtures to light this bad boy greatly appreciated.
Thank
Mike

Offline osiris

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: wiring 12v lights and fans 4X8 permy
« Reply #1 on: Nov 28, 2013, 07:11 PM »
I would use a deep cycle battery and you can pick up fuse pannels with switches installed on amazon or ebay or any marine supply store and a couple of computer fans mounted high to circulate air if the fans dont move enough air mount them so they blow into pvc and duct it to the floor
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=marine+switch+panel&_nkwusc=marine+switch+pannel&_rdc=1
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=computer+fan&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313&_nkw=computer+fan+12v&_sacat=0

Offline teamlund

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • pike are for guys that cant catch walleye :v)
« Reply #2 on: Nov 28, 2013, 10:12 PM »
I have 3 lights and a 12v fan above my heater in my 6x12 shack. I run it off of a flasher battery with an inline 3 or 5 (not sure)amp fuse. I can run the fan for a full day of fishing while using the lights in the morning in the dark for alittle while. I used to run a normal 12v deep cycle but found it was just easier to use an extra flasher battery. Its nice to have the xtra flasher battery around too incase someones goes dead, they can use the extra in the flasher. I bought 2 extra flasher batteries so when 1 is charging at home I bring the other to the shack. Its just way easier to deal with for me as U can put a flasher battery in your jacket pocket when you leave.

I still use the large plastic deep cycle battery as the holder for the flasher battery. I made a holder/cut out for the flasher battery out of the pink board insulation. Than I keep extra fuses in it and always have the option to go back to a large 12v deep cycle.
Northern pike are for guys that cant catch walleye :v)

Offline mabagan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 29, 2013, 02:07 PM »
I like the flasher battery idea. Keeps it light weight instead of lugging a big deep
Cycle around. Any preferance on battery brand?

Offline teamlund

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • pike are for guys that cant catch walleye :v)
« Reply #4 on: Nov 29, 2013, 07:03 PM »
I like the flasher battery idea. Keeps it light weight instead of lugging a big deep
Cycle around. Any preferance on battery brand?

No I just bought 2 of whatever they had at the local fleet farm... You will have to charge batteries more often but its sooooooo much easier to swap them out, carry, ect..Remember have one charging at home while using the other.
Northern pike are for guys that cant catch walleye :v)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.