Author Topic: Lake Of The Woods!  (Read 1314 times)

Offline Booppr

• IceShanty Rookie
Lake Of The Woods!
« on: Feb 14, 2012, 05:19 PM »
I'm planning on taking a trip up to LOW in mid march and would love to know any pointers you could give a guy that has never iced a walleye. I'll be up there for about 3 days and will be fishing 24/7 if I could. Been reading some things on this board and have a small list of some lures that people use everywhere, bu was curious about anything else you guys would care to share. If I can't go shallow for night time walleyes I'll try to get into some burbot, another fish I would love to catch, but that's a different area. Any help would be very much appreciated!

Offline Lac Suel Freak

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "A few in a bucket makes it easy to sit on yours"
Re: Lake Of The Woods!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14, 2012, 11:41 PM »
Your on lake of the woods? You should jig em up. Minnow and jig wins 9 out of 10 times with eyes IMO.

Offline Booppr

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Lake Of The Woods!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 15, 2012, 11:25 AM »
I have a buddy that goes up there once or twice a year. He lives in MN and invited us to come up and join in on some fishing. I'm sure he will have some tips for me as well, but I'm hoping to get every bit of fishing out of this trip as I can! Lol thanks for your help. Any specific color? I should be taking a some glow, chartruce, just lead heads and some other smaller ice jigs. Also will be taking some things for pike as well as eelpout.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.