Author Topic: Eloika Lake Reports  (Read 6346 times)

Offline FlamDragger

• Team IceShanty Regular
Eloika Lake Reports
« on: Dec 27, 2017, 06:13 PM »
I saw the temp. in Deer Park the other night hit -1 degree, so I’m hoping to find safe ice tomorrow (if my buddy can go) or Friday. Last year was my first time ice-fishing that lake, and the perch bite was usually fairly consistent. I’ll post the ice conditions as soon as I find out myself.

Offline FlamDragger

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Eloika Lake Reports
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28, 2017, 01:52 AM »
I saw a reliable report for Eloika (5” good ice) and am headed there in the AM.

Offline houlzhouse

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 28, 2017, 05:56 AM »
Good luck-I'd be interested in knowing how you did-had a pretty good day on perch at Eloika last season and I'm wanting to hit it again

Offline FlamDragger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 28, 2017, 05:24 PM »
Well, the good: there was 7” of safe ice today. The bad: they were looking, and not taking anything! I got one decent perch up top, and one puny sunfish. Neither were harmed in the making of my fishing excursion. Boy, they looked at everything that worked last year. (small jig in either pink or chartreuse, tipped with a waxy, perch-eye, or crappie nibble) I tried different sizes, colors, shapes, and flavors. I tried a few slender spoons, and a couple jigging raps, and nothing. I caught both fish on a gold teardrop jig, tipped with a wax worm. Tough day fishing, but I met a really nice guy from Deer Park who fishes there regularly. (Including yesterday, with his grand-kids) He couldn’t understand the change from last years’ terrific bite to this years’, but the weather or moon phase could have been a factor.?
Great to have the first outing of this years ice-fishing season under my belt, but it would have been nicer with a decent bite. Maybe next time.
todays’ neighbors

Offline houlzhouse

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 29, 2017, 05:23 AM »
Thanks for the report Flam-I'm going to try to get out next week-maybe the bite will improve by then.  I went out to Avondale on wed and the bite was pretty light out there as well.  Could be a pressure issue?

Offline wlai

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 11, 2018, 12:41 AM »
Does anyone have any update on Eloika ice condition, given the higher temp recently?  Thinking about trying my first ice fishing trip, ever.  Thanks!

Offline spiltmilt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 11, 2018, 03:29 PM »
Does anyone have any update on Eloika ice condition, given the higher temp recently?  Thinking about trying my first ice fishing trip, ever.  Thanks!

I am hearing 6-8" still. You should be fine.

Offline hugeinchina

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 15, 2018, 08:29 AM »
Any reports form Eloika this past weekend? With temps creeping into the low 40's, I am a little leery.

Offline spiltmilt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 15, 2018, 03:35 PM »
Any reports form Eloika this past weekend? With temps creeping into the low 40's, I am a little leery.

Ice is still 7"+ with lots of slush in the afternoon, hardening up at night.

Offline hugeinchina

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 15, 2018, 03:55 PM »
Thank you, sir! We may have to add it to the list!

Offline hugeinchina

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 21, 2018, 09:55 AM »
Planning to check Eloika this afternoon for the first time. I will post a report when we return. If anyone has a report from the last couple of days from Eloika, please let me know!
Thanks!

Offline spiltmilt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 21, 2018, 12:32 PM »
Plenty of folks fishing it. Reports are that you got to keep moving and that most holes will only produce 1 or 2 fish. Folks are catching trout, perch, pickeral, and crappie (at night). There are some pressure ridges and thin spots in some near shore spots. Otherwise the main body of the lake is plenty thick but be prepared for some slush.

Offline hugeinchina

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 21, 2018, 07:57 PM »
Thanks SpiltMilt. We just got back an hour or so ago from Eloika. Ice is in great shape all over the lake except near shore where there is a little water on top but it’s not bad. I’ve never fished this lake before so we did a lot of drilling and moving looking for some depth change or weed edges. Deepest I found was about 11 feet and we did find our way to a weed edge. We caught small large mouth (6?), an 8.5 inch crappie (half inch shy of legal), some very small sunfish, and a dozen or so perch. Most of the perch were on the small side but we did come him with five. The biggest was a respectable 9.5 inches. If anyone wants to Pm me some pointers on key features on this lake to take note of or any other information, I would really appreciate it! Good news was that when we found. Fish, they were biting pretty well. We will be back out there Saturday. Tight lines!  @)

Offline hugeinchina

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 22, 2018, 08:44 AM »
I think I cracked the code. I need to put in at the other spot. Will be trying that Saturday. Tight lines!  :tipup:

Offline houlzhouse

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 23, 2018, 03:20 PM »
HIC

Would you be willing to share some of your Eloika knowledge? PM me if that's OK.  Taking the kids out on Friday afternoon and would like to have a successful day.

Thanks

Offline houlzhouse

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 26, 2018, 09:48 PM »
Access on Eloika is getting sketchy-had to get out on ice via 2X4s about 1-2 feet of skim near shore at jerrys resort.  Once your out ice is still good-4" milky with 4 " of clear.  Snow/slush is mostly refroze.  Needs some cold to improve access.

Offline hugeinchina

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jan 27, 2018, 10:47 AM »
We are headed there now. Hopefully it firmed up a bit over night or it could be a quick trip.  :(

Offline hugeinchina

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Jan 28, 2018, 08:51 AM »
Ice was good, 4” of clear and 4” cloudy. We drilled a ton of holes looking for Fish. When we found them they would bite, but we never found any actual schools.

Offline hugeinchina

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Jan 28, 2018, 08:52 AM »
Forgot to mention that ice at the edges is soft and receding. We stepped over about 18” of slush onto to firm ice at Jerry’s Landing.

Offline hugeinchina

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Jan 29, 2018, 07:05 AM »
Identical experience Sunday. We’ve now fished a great deal of that lake and are ready to cross it off of our lists. It’s very conveniently located, but we Catch next to nothing there each time we go. Good luck to the rest of you and be careful! Warmer weather now being forecasted. We are probably putting our gear up and will start preparing for spring walleye.

Offline BreakinIceAintNice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Feb 22, 2019, 10:57 PM »
Anyone else been on Eloika this year? I've gone 5 times and it has been terrible! I was out for first ice and caught 20 perch, a ton of pumpkinseeds, and some bass (including a 5 lber). Since, then it has been just awful! The snow is making it tough trying to locate fish as well. Would be nice to hear if someone is catching fish!

Offline FlamDragger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Feb 23, 2019, 02:36 AM »
I’ve had some slow times out there as well. I excelled at finding a bunch of little pickerel one day, but the perch bite has been painfully slow. 

Offline BreakinIceAintNice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Feb 23, 2019, 05:41 PM »
They've got to pick up at some point! Have to wait until closer to ice-out, I guess.

Offline FlamDragger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Dec 26, 2019, 03:03 PM »
I just got off the phone with the resort owner. Still open water out there. They’re hoping mid-January for safe ice.

Offline WinterIsComing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Dec 31, 2019, 08:31 AM »
Thanks for the update, I drove out there last week, it was all open water.  I hope we get some ice this year, my 7 year old daughter is jacked to join me out there. 
For now I guess plan a trip to hog canyon....  Anyone been out that way? 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.