Author Topic: Wide gap trebles for quick strikes (or single hook)  (Read 794 times)

Offline Rally1148

• IceShanty Rookie
Wide gap trebles for quick strikes (or single hook)
« on: Jan 20, 2024, 11:39 AM »
Hey all,

I am headed up to Ontario in March and I am tying up some quick strike rigs. I have a bunch of ewg treble hooks (gamakatsu ewg, victory v loc, kvd triple grip) in sizes 2-8 and I was wondering if these wide gap hooks would work for pike? Or should I buy round gap trebles instead?

Just wanting to make sure that when ai get there I don't need to retie everything.

Thanks in advance!

Offline BUCKSKI

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JIGGING UP MUDFLAPS FROM SOMEWHERE
Re: Wide gap trebles for quick strikes (or single hook)
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2024, 12:08 PM »
Hey all,

I am headed up to Ontario in March and I am tying up some quick strike rigs. I have a bunch of ewg treble hooks (gamakatsu ewg, victory v loc, kvd triple grip) in sizes 2-8 and I was wondering if these wide gap hooks would work for pike? Or should I buy round gap trebles instead?

Just wanting to make sure that when ai get there I don't need to retie everything.

Thanks in advance!

If the hooks work for you @ home, they should work N of the Niagara River. I would be more concerned with following the regulations # of hooks and "special regs". The OPP look friendly, but don't let that fool ya! And yes have some cold blues, poutine and cheese curds ready as an offering :whistle:
" Of course I believe in luck. How otherwise to explain the success of some people you detest"

Jean Cocteau

Offline Rally1148

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Wide gap trebles for quick strikes (or single hook)
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2024, 06:03 PM »
If the hooks work for you @ home, they should work N of the Niagara River. I would be more concerned with following the regulations # of hooks and "special regs". The OPP look friendly, but don't let that fool ya! And yes have some cold blues, poutine and cheese curds ready as an offering :whistle:

I haven't ever used them on tipups. Just my crankbaits during the summer, and I'm mainly getting bass at that time. I didn't know if they would work for bonier mouths like pike.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.