Author Topic: Not giving up  (Read 1185 times)

Offline G fish

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wish i was a fishing(Too slim n the traildragers)
Not giving up
« on: Jan 12, 2022, 11:09 AM »
Monday am I left my house in search for a different lake to fish. 30 minutes from my house driving down Hwy a semi kicked a board into road that was unmissable. Unfortunately there was a nail in board so you got it. Pulled off at next little town. Identifying I had a slow leak I decided to try to make the 30 min. drive back home.  Knowing the tire shop would be opening soon. I pulled in to tire shop with 18 psi on computer. As they turn on open sign sweet. 30 minutes later back on road to redeem my intentions.

10:00 am I was on ice fishing and in high hopes.  After catching a pike and perch I decided to set up house and settle in for the day. I wanted to drop my aqua vu micro camera down to see what size perch where swimming. This is when things went south. Yep butterfingers camera bloop down the hole. Ugh. Lucky I had brought my GF’s aqua vu 715. This turned strictly in recovery mission. Largest spoon deployed as I tried for maybe 5 min with success. Yippee.
I set it over by buddy heater for day in disgust. I did not bother to turn it on. I did catch a pike on spoon that recovered camera.  After returning home I put in bag of rice. Hoping that it would work.

Tuesday morning I tried to turn it on nothing. I could here water inside it so I unscrewed it to remove water.

Today I plugged it in to charge it. charge finished I attempted to turn it on. Holy crap it lives.

So was it a good day or bad???
Team Ripp'n lips.
"Drink a little"
"Save a little"
"There will always be a Little".

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Not giving up
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2022, 11:30 AM »
Sounds like a fine exciting eventful day!
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2022, 11:40 AM »
Dammit G, gonna have to get you some Spider Man gloves!

Offline MumbleSEED

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "If you plant corn you get corn!"
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2022, 12:15 PM »
Other than the wasted greenbacks on the tire, looks like a solid day of adventure.  I'd bathe in the glory of a great catch and a twist and a turn along the way.

Stay safe out there!
If only God would come down in the form of a man and explain everything to us.

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 12, 2022, 02:21 PM »
The highs were high and the lows were definitely lows!!  Glad to hear it ended on a positive.
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
« Reply #5 on: Jan 12, 2022, 02:38 PM »
Sounds like a typical outing for me  ;D

Prep the best you can, have something out side of your direct control delay the trip, then have something I use break or go down a hole, or something not work that clearly worked the night before when I checked it to make sure it worked ;D
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Uglymug

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 12, 2022, 02:52 PM »
Speaking as a man that has lost not one, but TWO smart phones through the ice I can feel your pain. I now have a floating phone case I use when Duck Hunting and Ice Fishing.

Offline Ronnie D

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 12, 2022, 02:55 PM »
So what was the problem?

Offline Ice_Fly_Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 12, 2022, 03:03 PM »
Not trying to be a know it all, but I have read that the bag of rice method does not work very well.

Offline MT_BINX

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 12, 2022, 03:33 PM »
Speaking as a man that has lost not one, but TWO smart phones through the ice I can feel your pain. I now have a floating phone case I use when Duck Hunting and Ice Fishing.

got lucky with mine a few years back.....was able to catch it as it was fluttering down the hole (only time i thanked the slush). I now have this attached to my bibs for ice fishing, and waders as well.

https://www.fishusa.com/Rogue-Fishing-THE-PROTECTOR-Phone-Tether-3.0?quantity=1&IO-Color-General=426&msclkid=ff4b6c12b57a13ea6d720dcdfd93aa03&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=ECI%20-%20Google%20Shopping%20-%20Line%20%2F%20Lures%20and%20Bait%20%2F%20Catch%20All&utm_term=4585307090506534&utm_content=All%20Products
Its called PUBLIC land.... don't get mad if someone else is fishing there.

“Keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words. Keep your words positive because your words become your behavior. Keep your behavior positive because your behavior becomes your habits. Keep your habits positive because your habits become your values. Keep your values positive because your values become your destiny.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 12, 2022, 04:28 PM »
I had my phone go down the hole a few years ago, the grandson said what if grandma calls  ???

Offline Uncle Al

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • STAND FOR THE FLAG, KNEEL FOR THE CROSS
« Reply #11 on: Jan 12, 2022, 04:33 PM »
It's always nice when things like this happens, did you catch the fish on a new lake?

Offline Alphie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'd rather be fishing than what I'm doing.
« Reply #12 on: Jan 12, 2022, 04:59 PM »
Only would have been marginally bad had you been skunked. So, a great day from my perspective!
I only ice fish because the water's hard.

Offline Luckydog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Jan 12, 2022, 05:20 PM »
I have to ask....which model Aqua Vu camera survived going for a swim?

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Jan 12, 2022, 05:59 PM »
I'd say that's a pretty good day, especially after recovering the camera and it's still working, funny how things can find that hole so easy.

Offline bobberbill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Jan 12, 2022, 06:13 PM »
If I DO take a phone, it stays in the truck. I don't need it on the ice.

Offline G fish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Jan 12, 2022, 06:14 PM »
I have to ask....which model Aqua Vu camera survived going for a swim?
Revolution 5 pro. Micro
Team Ripp'n lips.
"Drink a little"
"Save a little"

Offline Luckydog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Jan 12, 2022, 06:31 PM »
Outstanding!!!  That is the camera I just purchased.  I haven't had a chance to use it yet.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Jan 12, 2022, 09:24 PM »

What a wild ride glad it all worked out ok. Dedication A plus

Offline A man called horse

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Jan 12, 2022, 10:05 PM »
Yep, those days are out there. Last saturday, left the drive way headed south. Forgot to secure the bungees on the sled.
Out she goes, passed me in my panic stop. No damage except the new wax job on the skis.

Offline G fish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Jan 13, 2022, 04:11 PM »

How easy of a fix simple leash.
Team Ripp'n lips.
"Drink a little"
"Save a little"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.