The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Lansing Hardwater  (Read 62499 times)

Offline Just Steve

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Lansing Hardwater
« Reply #60 on: Jan 29, 2016, 01:05 PM »
Anybody been on Sessions?

Offline Oldreddbeard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #61 on: Jan 30, 2016, 10:35 AM »
Went out this time last week. Wasted about 3 hours out there. Marked maybe 5 fish. Not a nibble.
I知 a psycho and will sleep in the parking lot so I can get out on the ice before you.

Offline Oldreddbeard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Jan 31, 2016, 11:56 AM »
Haven't gotten out since monday. There was about 5-7 everywhere i went last week. How are the ice conditions holding up? I have tomorrow and tuesday off. Was hoping to get out but the weather is saying otherwise.
I知 a psycho and will sleep in the parking lot so I can get out on the ice before you.

Offline Hungrysportsman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #63 on: Feb 01, 2016, 11:10 AM »
Geez this weather here is terrible! Fox Knoll to me seems tapped out. A bunch of small fish, nothing worth cleaning anymore. Way too much traffic for its size. So I am always looking for new lakes or ponds to fish. Haven't made it to Round Lake yet but being I live in Laingsburg it might be a good option. Where is the best place to get on at?
Stay hungry! Like my page on Facebook! Help me grow better so I can help others grow better!

Offline Sustainable

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #64 on: Feb 05, 2016, 04:25 PM »
Anyone been out? I heard there was a few guys out on Lake Victoira in Laingsburg today. I live close to Lake Interstate and would love to get out this weekend but driving by this week it didn't look to good. Have been driving to South branch to fish the Au Sable with my Pops but the 3.5 hour trip each way is getting old. Nights have been good for ice but now we have 3 more days above freezing,  42F on Sunday. This sucks. Next week looks great but I have to work all weekend...

Offline Oldreddbeard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #65 on: Feb 06, 2016, 09:34 AM »
Im waiting it out until the weekend (which i somehow got off from work?). Great temps starting monday.

Offline Sustainable

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #66 on: Feb 11, 2016, 05:55 PM »
Well I got tomorrow off but work all weekend. Self employed so I can't complain to much haha. I just drove to Lake Interstate just to eyeball it and see if anyone was out. There was one fresh set of tracks heading out with a shanty, looks like they went out pretty far. there were return tracks as well so that is always a good thing. I stood on the shore ice it was solid as a rock. I will go tomorrow with my spud and auger and inch my way out and see what it looks like. It has been mighty cold the last few nights, the lake was making noise while I was there. I am an ice chicken, I like it much better when the lake is littered with ice shantys. Anyone been out yet this week in the Lansing area?

Offline backinmich

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Feb 11, 2016, 07:46 PM »
Thanks for the ice report. Encouraging that the shore ice seems solid. I haven't been out this week, but from the way you describe it, and the weather we are having, I'd guess Interstate should be okay tomorrow. Like you say, use your spud and be careful.

Offline EJSmethurst

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #68 on: Feb 13, 2016, 04:47 PM »
Went out on lake alliance in potterville last night and braved the brutal winds, plenty of ice, 6+ inches of solid clear ice and it was popping all around me making more ice all night so im sure this weekend will be great, that being said anyone that wants a fishing buddy for tomorrow let me know i always end up fishing by myself

Offline Sustainable

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #69 on: Feb 14, 2016, 01:52 AM »
Nice thanks for the report. I am not familiar with Lake Alliance, I'm in between Charlotte and Potterville. How is that lake? Is it the lake everyone swims at? Unfortunately I cannot get out until Monday. 10 day weather report is calling for 53F next Friday....**censored**

Offline EJSmethurst

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #70 on: Feb 14, 2016, 06:43 AM »
No i dont think ur allowed to swim there, bluegill perch crappie have all been caught there, supposedly trout were planted there at one time, i think max depth is 30ft but dont quote me, i always stay around 14ft

Offline Brook2st

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #71 on: Feb 17, 2016, 03:51 PM »
Im hoping to get out Saturday in the Bath area, what do you guys think, will there still be plenty of ice for safety come mid day Saturday? (Assuming we hit 50ish Friday)

Offline Oldreddbeard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #72 on: Feb 26, 2016, 09:54 AM »
Went out last week right before the warm up. Not expecting to hear what id like, but whats the ice (if any) lookin like? The weather next week might help for one last skechy trip out. We have rain tomorrow and tuesday, the lows around 18 for a good 5 days or so. Thoughts?

Offline Oldreddbeard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #73 on: Nov 20, 2016, 05:44 PM »
Its that time of the years again lansing-ians!!! Who hittin what come first ice? Ill probably be checking davis pits most of the time just cuz its right down the street from me. But plan on hitting saubee and lake lansing once we get a few inches of solid clear. Idk bout you guys but im more pumped this year than any. After last year, things could only get better.

Offline bmyrkle

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #74 on: Nov 21, 2016, 08:03 AM »
Trying not to get too excited too early. Between work and the bad weather last year, I only got out once in January and a few times here and there in February.

Hoping for better this year.
"I get asked, 'what's your favorite fish to catch?' Well, it's red lines on my Vexilar. I don't care what's down there. I just want to go out and catch something." -- Dave Genz

Offline Oldreddbeard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #75 on: Nov 21, 2016, 11:38 AM »
Have already see skim hear and there guys and have heard reports of small ponds a little further west that have already locked up. Obviously, no respectable amount of ice, but were looking a hell of a lot better than last year already

Offline Oldreddbeard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #76 on: Dec 10, 2016, 02:03 PM »
Ill be giving you guys updates on ice conditions by late next week. Keep your fingers crossed that all the snow just melts on top of the water before we get into those teen temps. This year is already looking up compared to alst year!

Offline Sustainable

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #77 on: Dec 12, 2016, 11:21 PM »
I am pumped as well. Last year was my first year with my own shanty and I only got to use it twice. Look back on this page and on Feb. 11th we are wondering if we had good ice on a small lake. Horrible. This year is off to a great start! On Friday I passed Lake interstate, looked like skim ice only, mostly to the right of the fishing dock in that shallow cove, the rest was open still. The small pond next to interstate was completely locked up.

I will be patient and wait for a solid 4+ before I consider heading out, no rush. I can wait until after Christmas. Heading up to South Branch on the 27th, hoping the cove off the Au Sable I fish is good to go. I am feeling it, I think this winter is going to treat us well. Stay safe and keep the reports coming. I am going by Interstate on Wednesday, I will at least get a visual.

Offline Oldreddbeard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #78 on: Dec 13, 2016, 09:39 AM »
I am pumped as well. Last year was my first year with my own shanty and I only got to use it twice. Look back on this page and on Feb. 11th we are wondering if we had good ice on a small lake. Horrible. This year is off to a great start! On Friday I passed Lake interstate, looked like skim ice only, mostly to the right of the fishing dock in that shallow cove, the rest was open still. The small pond next to interstate was completely locked up.

I will be patient and wait for a solid 4+ before I consider heading out, no rush. I can wait until after Christmas. Heading up to South Branch on the 27th, hoping the cove off the Au Sable I fish is good to go. I am feeling it, I think this winter is going to treat us well. Stay safe and keep the reports coming. I am going by Interstate on Wednesday, I will at least get a visual.

Heck yeah dude. Ill try my best at getting all the west lansing ponds and lakes looked at and reported. Maybe we can heat this thread back up and get some guys from other corners of eaton to give somereports too so no one is wasting gas driving all over creation. Soon to be tight lines guys!

Offline Oldreddbeard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #79 on: Dec 13, 2016, 09:49 AM »
You ingham and other bordering counties can also chime in as well if you'd like ;)

Offline Sustainable

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #80 on: Dec 14, 2016, 12:46 AM »
My buddy lives on Round Lake, I am actually from Laingsburg. My better half grew up on that lake. He said tonight it was 60% covered. Also said he would be on it this weekend but not over his head. I don't know if he will be fishing or screwing around but I will have him keep me updated on Round. I will drive past Lake Interstate tomorrow and maybe even stop to have a look. I will report back. It is cold tonight! 13f currently.

Offline Sustainable

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #81 on: Dec 14, 2016, 02:00 PM »
http://imgur.com/MPepe6V
http://imgur.com/D1CEUYc
Stopped by Interstate. No open water, shore still a little nasty. You can tell the deep part just locked up, there was no snow on top what I assume is the deepest part. That or the wind hit that part of the lake right. I went by Friday it was 90% open. Someone has already tested by shore. This snow sucks but the wind is helping keep it somewhat clear from what I could tell. I am in no rush, excited, but I won't be the first person out there.

Offline compli123

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish whispering since 1962
« Reply #82 on: Dec 14, 2016, 02:11 PM »
Heading to Park/Crego/Hawk/ and maybe interstate tomorrow guys. Ill post updates tomorrow night.
L Lansing is locked up and the snow's not sticking on it so far
I like to sit around on the ice doing nothing because my wife won't let me do it at home.

Offline wormdunker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #83 on: Dec 14, 2016, 08:46 PM »
New to this form. I live half way between Crego Park and Hawk Island. Never ice fished either but did walk out on ice last year just as a guy pull I'm guessing a bass over six pounds. The small pond inside the dog park we use to get really nice gills now they won't let you fish it.
Retired Great Lakes Charter Captain now want to learn Ice Fishing

Offline compli123

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish whispering since 1962
« Reply #84 on: Dec 14, 2016, 10:47 PM »
Welcome WD. We're neighbors, kinda. I might try the south side of Cavanaugh. That pit's produced a few crappies but never seen a big one. And Park Lake can produce a few perch in shallow first ice.
I like to sit around on the ice doing nothing because my wife won't let me do it at home.

Offline Oldreddbeard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #85 on: Dec 15, 2016, 09:05 AM »
Those were my spud marks i went out last night. Only a crappy 1 1/2 inches all the way around. Snow screwed us. But by sunday i think it will be good.

Offline Oldreddbeard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #86 on: Dec 15, 2016, 09:09 AM »
Those were my spud marks i went out last night. Only a crappy 1 1/2 inches all the way around. Snow screwed us. But by sunday i think it will be good.

On lake interstate.

Offline spartannation

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #87 on: Dec 15, 2016, 02:56 PM »
Checked Sessions and Morrisom in Ionia County today. Sessions was still half open water, Morrison was iced over with about 1 1/2 " just out from the launch.

Offline wormdunker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #88 on: Dec 15, 2016, 03:48 PM »
compli123 I checked the south side somebody was just coming off he said 1 1/2 of ice less on south end. He caught a couple small ones. Crego has some open water on shore line and Hawk island has plowed the parking lot shut to boat launch so I didn't check it. No signs anybody has either. Week ends looks good. I live off Aurelianus just north of Cavanaugh.

Offline wormdunker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #89 on: Dec 15, 2016, 03:52 PM »
Anybody checked out Muskrat or Sleepy hollow?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.