The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: WILLOW CREEK RES.  (Read 1115 times)

Offline HERD BULL

• IceShanty Rookie
WILLOW CREEK RES.
« on: Jan 28, 2007, 08:24 AM »
is there fish in this lake? man i fished for hours and only saw suckers. the derby was ok as fishing is always great but the catching was poor. man i think they need to do beter on the fishery there as i will probably not do another derby their again. any POINTERS?????? :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: ??? ???

Offline Montana Trout Slayer

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: WILLOW CREEK RES.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2007, 12:48 PM »
Derby?  Herd bull i was up there yesterday for the derby too.  We were there fairly early but didn't see anybody in charge of the registration?  Where was that at!  We checked all the boat launches?  Anyways we fished just about all day and had decent action throughout the day.  We caught probably 5 browns over three pounds and several smaller..Also caught 3 Brooke trout and a couple suckers too.  I didn't think the catching was all that bad.  We caught all the fish on either Swedish pimples or something like it and smaller glow hooks all tipped with maggots and even night crawlers on a few.  Hope this helps cause there are some big trout in there!

Offline HERD BULL

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2007, 09:09 PM »
hey MTS, where on that lake is good as i would like to fish it again but not where i was. so where were you at? i think the people incharge were in the motor homes at the first boat launch. oh and the winning fish weighed 3.2 from what i was told. so you might have won that one. man any help would be great. also do you know where castle rock is? :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline Montana Trout Slayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 2007, 01:17 PM »
On Saturday we fished on the northern end right before the lake kinda channels together and flows down into that canyon area.  We fished off the left point right at the entrance of the channel and about 15-30 yards off shore in about 20-25 feet of water..  There seemed to be a few browns around there with pretty good size! I lost at least 4 really nice browns right when they got to the bottom of the ice...I hope this helps and just ask if ya need any further details..

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 31, 2007, 05:14 PM »
Fishing was tough on Saturday, I was on the north side of the lake about halway from the inlet to the dam. Caught 2, lost one nice one missed a few other bites. Didn't see anybody else catch anything.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.