Author Topic: FM'S Saeurbraten Recipe  (Read 1166 times)

Offline fishing mechanic

• Team IceShanty Maniac
FM'S Saeurbraten Recipe
« on: Jan 20, 2011, 01:06 AM »
FM's Sauerbraten Recipe

I use a few different technique's for this prestigious plate, But here is the most simple version that will make you a culinary hero when served.

Ingredients:(Marinade) Need to marinade for 2 days min. 3 days is better
3 1/4 cups cold water
2 cups cider vinegar
1 large Vidalia onion  coursely chopped
1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges
2 to 4 whole bay leaves (dependent on style of flavor)
2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp cloves
2 tsp pickling spice
3-4 lbs top round roast (or the same weight of your favorite game meat)

This is the Marinade, put all above ingredients in a medium to large glass or stainless bowl, and stir well.

Add meat to marinade when ready, meat needs to soak in marinade for min. of 2 but 3 days is best.

Rest of ingredients used after marinade soak.

1/3 cup veg. oil
1/3 cup all purpose flour
12 oz. beef broth
1/2 cup (packed) dark brown sugar
1 heavy cup gingersnap cookie crumbs

After marinade, preheat oven to 350 deg. Strain meat from most of Marinade and place in roasting pan.(save marinade) Roast meat approx.2-3 hrs until brown on outside and semi- tender (add small amounts of water if necessary to keep meat from drying up).  Bring meat to carving  board and slice into bite size chunks.
Strain marinade and dispose of solid ingredients, save accumulated juices from roasting pan, and add them to marinade.
In a large sauce pan, on the top of the stove. mix oil,and flour until medum brown color, slowly stir in srained marinade and boil until semi thick, stirring often. mix in cookie crumbs, and lower heat to a subtle temp. Add meat and cook slowly till desired thickness.

Mean while have egg noodles ready to serve, I prefer to boil them `El Dante' Style, then crisp fry the noodles in Olive oil before I plate the dish up.

Offline Gamma Fish

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: FM'S Saeurbraten Recipe
« Reply #1 on: Jan 20, 2011, 02:56 AM »
FM's Sauerbraten Recipe

I use a few different technique's for this prestigious plate, But here is the most simple version that will make you a culinary hero when served.

Ingredients:(Marinade) Need to marinade for 2 days min. 3 days is better
3 1/4 cups cold water
2 cups cider vinegar
1 large Vidalia onion  coursely chopped
1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges
2 to 4 whole bay leaves (dependent on style of flavor)
2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp cloves
2 tsp pickling spice
3-4 lbs top round roast (or the same weight of your favorite game meat)

This is the Marinade, put all above ingredients in a medium to large glass or stainless bowl, and stir well.

Add meat to marinade when ready, meat needs to soak in marinade for min. of 2 but 3 days is best.

Rest of ingredients used after marinade soak.

1/3 cup veg. oil
1/3 cup all purpose flour
12 oz. beef broth
1/2 cup (packed) dark brown sugar
1 heavy cup gingersnap cookie crumbs

After marinade, preheat oven to 350 deg. Strain meat from most of Marinade and place in roasting pan.(save marinade) Roast meat approx.2-3 hrs until brown on outside and semi- tender (add small amounts of water if necessary to keep meat from drying up).  Bring meat to carving  board and slice into bite size chunks.
Strain marinade and dispose of solid ingredients, save accumulated juices from roasting pan, and add them to marinade.
In a large sauce pan, on the top of the stove. mix oil,and flour until medum brown color, slowly stir in srained marinade and boil until semi thick, stirring often. mix in cookie crumbs, and lower heat to a subtle temp. Add meat and cook slowly till desired thickness.

Mean while have egg noodles ready to serve, I prefer to boil them `El Dante' Style, then crisp fry the noodles in Olive oil before I plate the dish up.
I'll have an order of extra crispy chicken wings and some tater skins please................ ........and I'll have my ginger snaps for dessert with a tall glass of milk  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
PLASTICS ARE FANTASTIC  !!

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2011, 04:36 AM »
Boy that recipe looks familiar there FM  :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline simplecrappieguy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 20, 2011, 05:33 AM »
Where are the finger tips???? I didn't see them in the Recipe.. :P

Offline fishing mechanic

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 20, 2011, 01:04 PM »
Boy that recipe looks familiar there FM  :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

I have no Idea what lour talking about? ::) ::)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.